Team-BHP - Buying a Toyota Sera
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Buying a Toyota Sera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/40716-buying-toyota-sera-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitrajdeep
Congratulations yuv, wish you have many happy miles with the car.

What colour is the car, how many kms run ? Manufactured year ?

Please do share some pictures with us.

Thanks mitrajdeep & infotech58. It's metallic grey, 1994 model and I paid 4.35L.
I didn't even look at the mileage as it was such a clean car. The previous owner has spent approx 50k recently in doing up the car.

I'm using the iPad app right now, sorry don't know how to post pics from here. Will do so soon.

Cheers & happy new year friends!!!

Congratulations! Post some pictures of the sera. Nice color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuv (Post 2626620)
Thanks mitrajdeep & infotech58. It's metallic grey, 1994 model and I paid 4.35L.
I didn't even look at the mileage as it was such a clean car. The previous owner has spent approx 50k recently in doing up the car.

I'm using the iPad app right now, sorry don't know how to post pics from here. Will do so soon.

Cheers & happy new year friends!!!

This is way after the fact and I am interested in getting a Sera now. Can you share how your experience with the car has been, mostly in terms of reliability, maintenance and cost? I am am 25 year old working guy looking to use this car as my personal drive(city and highway drives included) while for most other things, we have the family car. Is the car usable in this sense?

Also how can I find one in Mumbai and nearby cities? Any guidance on it is appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2K (Post 4931828)
This is way after the fact and I am interested in getting a Sera now. Can you share how your experience with the car has been, mostly in terms of reliability, maintenance and cost? I am am 25 year old working guy looking to use this car as my personal drive(city and highway drives included) while for most other things, we have the family car. Is the car usable in this sense?

Also how can I find one in Mumbai and nearby cities? Any guidance on it is appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry bro this is way way after, I was out of the country. However I will still go ahead and try to answer your query, it may also help someone else still chasing these beauties.

Provided the condition is good, of course this can be your daily ride for yourself and / or your partner. Wont recommend it for the entire family though as the rear seats are really snug. One more thing in this regard is that the car is extremely low, almost like a sports car and with only 2 doors getting in and out is not most comfortable.

Now comes the tricky part.
Considering the last Sera was manufactured in December 1995, it will be extremely hard to come by one in good condition. You are at the right place though, genuine folks and forums like Team-BHP may lead you to a well maintained one. Need to keep in mind, the maintenance and spares involved when going for these old beauties however sera owner clubs around the globe ensure that this beauty lives on.

During my search many many years ago, veterans like Adilkhan5 and others really helped out with some great advice. Not sure if all of them are still around here though, keep looking and good luck.:thumbs up