Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 09:46   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
i think i have not adjusted the 4wd properly in the porsche. it is just too complicated.i had tested the old ML on the sand dune it performed quite well being a soft roader.
i spoke to another friend who owns the previous generation and the present generation Cayenne S. he did not believe it and said said you must have not set the car right. he even went on to say for indian conditions and for small and light offroading jaunts you dont even need to set the car, it has enough power to pull through.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:23   #137
BHPian

maybe it was my fault as i dint set off road settings properly.when the PSM was on and when i went to climb the dune with high speed.as i went on top there was a acceleration cut off. i just got the cayenne's owners manuel and it had so much of options!
Old 4th September 2008, 11:33   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
maybe it was my fault as i dint set off road settings properly.when the PSM was on and when i went to climb the dune with high speed.as i went on top there was a acceleration cut off. i just got the cayenne's owners manuel and it had so much of options!
the manuel does show alot of setting options, but there are only a few that would be used. We guys dont use the car to its full potential or how they are supposed to be used. for us offroading means rough roads.
the car acceleration cut of as it must have been going into high torque to pull itself up, plus the traction controls would be kicking in. i have seen this in the landcruiser, range rover and touareg as well.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:53   #139
BHPian

speedy, what do you think about the BMW x6 as a second suv?
Old 4th September 2008, 12:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
speedy, what do you think about the BMW x6 as a second suv?
the X6 is a blend between the 6 series and the X5 and shares their parts too. very futuristic retro design. it looks more of a street cruiser with alot of oomph attached to it. i dont know what kind of offroad capabilities it has specially with the 20' wheels it comes with. i would not call it an SUV but a blend between a street car and an SUV. the car is supposed to be priced at 78 lacs (ex showroom or not i dont know). i would go for it especially for the looks.
Old 4th September 2008, 20:54   #141
BHPian

also love the range rover sport. do you think if i import one from UAE.will it be below 70 lacks? I wish i could afford one.I will be going to a import dealership in pune soon. Uncle is buying a 6 series and he is buying a RR sport for himself.if dealer gives discount we will buy two.
Old 5th September 2008, 00:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also love the range rover sport. do you think if i import one from UAE.will it be below 70 lacks? I wish i could afford one.I will be going to a import dealership in pune soon. Uncle is buying a 6 series and he is buying a RR sport for himself.if dealer gives discount we will buy two.
the range rover sport is very good, looks wise and performance wise too. the only hitch is the expensive price tag that comes with it.
you cannot import from UAE as the cars are left hand drives. the price would be cheaper than here.
why you going to an import dealership, you can buy the cars officially. i am sure the official guys would give a discount too if you are buying two.
Buying the cars un officially you wont get any warranties or be able to claim depriciation. you should also check the papers as the car should be fully duty paid with the penalties. alot of cars are not legally brought into the country. Two dealers have been cought for this, one in Bombay and the other in Cochin i think.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:22   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

i doubt buying two cars will fetch much discount. We almost always buy 2 cars of any model we purchase and most often the discount is nil unless a model change etc is due.

If you buy a fleet then you can fetch a handsome price off.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:13   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
i doubt buying two cars will fetch much discount. We almost always buy 2 cars of any model we purchase and most often the discount is nil unless a model change etc is due.

If you buy a fleet then you can fetch a handsome price off.
Sahil i did not say how much discount as it depends on the dealership. i do get a discount from Mercedes and BMW, so based on my experience i wrote. when a model change does happen the discounts are larger to get rid of old stock. i was offered the previous generation c class for 27 lacs. tempting but i did not take it as i have made up my mind for the 520d.
For the fleet we would have to "ROB" a bank too .
Old 6th September 2008, 13:26   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sahil i did not say how much discount as it depends on the dealership. i do get a discount from Mercedes and BMW, so based on my experience i wrote. when a model change does happen the discounts are larger to get rid of old stock. i was offered the previous generation c class for 27 lacs. tempting but i did not take it as i have made up my mind for the 520d.
For the fleet we would have to "ROB" a bank too .
Mercedes does give very good discounts to get rid of stock faster, i have managed to get 3.5 lakh off on the previous gen C class before it was going in for the facelift. A friend of mine got 4 lakhs off on the E280 CDi before it went in for the facelift.

But BMW giving discount as of now is slim especially on the 5 series, i got no discount as there was already a 6 month waiting when i booked last year.

Are you currently getting any discounts on BMWs?

Did you get you ML yet? Any discount on that ?
Old 6th September 2008, 16:37   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Mercedes does give very good discounts to get rid of stock faster, i have managed to get 3.5 lakh off on the previous gen C class before it was going in for the facelift. A friend of mine got 4 lakhs off on the E280 CDi before it went in for the facelift.

But BMW giving discount as of now is slim especially on the 5 series, i got no discount as there was already a 6 month waiting when i booked last year.

Are you currently getting any discounts on BMWs?

Did you get you ML yet? Any discount on that ?

Sahil there must be some mistake. the E280 cdi has not got a facelift. i got one so i know.

i got discounts on the 7, X5 and the 325i like i mentioned. i would know for the 5 series when i Book it. i was also offered a Discount for the X3.

Yes the ML came in daybefore and went for registration to my factory and was there for the night as there was some issue's at the RTO there. yesterday it went to the service center for polishing and PDA and came home this afternoon. we did get a discount on this and also saved in registration.
Old 6th September 2008, 17:45   #147
BHPian

Speedy -The E280 CDi got a minor facelift sometime in early 2007 I guess.THe car got different bumpers,steering wheel etc etc.If Iam not wrong the E280 petrol was introduced along with this face lift.BTW I think you have got the facelifted version.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hed-india.html

Last edited by Veelubai : 6th September 2008 at 17:48.
Old 6th September 2008, 18:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Speedy -The E280 CDi got a minor facelift sometime in early 2007 I guess.THe car got different bumpers,steering wheel etc etc.If Iam not wrong the E280 petrol was introduced along with this face lift.BTW I think you have got the facelifted version.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hed-india.html
i was thinking a new facelifted one after my model Veelubai .
those were minor changes in the headlight unit and the front lip, indicators on the side mirrors, rear tail lights and a new steering wheel
Old 6th September 2008, 21:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the ML came in daybefore and went for registration to my factory and was there for the night as there was some issue's at the RTO there. yesterday it went to the service center for polishing and PDA and came home this afternoon. we did get a discount on this and also saved in registration.
Congrats Speedy.
Post some pics now.
Old 6th September 2008, 21:58   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Congrats Speedy.
Post some pics now.
Thanks faithless, all i have to say is veiw my Garage brother .
i could not find any thread for the ML and since my writing skills are not good i refrained from starting a thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks