Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 06:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

VW Toureag is a good choice. I drove one a few months back and it is great to drive.

BMW X3 - An Excellent SUV but sadly available only in Petrol.

BMW X5 - Would be more expensive than your Budget.

Q7 - Now that is one SUV !!! I have no Idea how it drives, but it looks Deadly & Huge !!
Old 20th June 2008, 09:31   #17
BHPian

If you can wait,you could buy the upcoming audi q5.Much sportier and easier to drive than q7 but doesnt have the road presence of the q7.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
can someone give me options about diesel suv's in price range of 40-50 lac.what is the touareg priced at?
Mercedes ML 320 CDI should be good enough for you.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Q7 waiting period is 1 year according to Audi India sales head. The dealer does have some cars preordered/allocated but you have to take it as per the options already selected i.e color...etc. Not sure how this happens he has 2 cars preordered....cant have that many cancellations.

I have an importer who can get me any spec Q7 on OGL with 3 to 4 lacs saving so he claims.....by the way anyone i.e individual can do it from India...but then these guys are good at the logistics so why break your head. Last time I did costing the standard Q7 from Audi India dealer came to 63lacs on road new mumbai individual reg...this was when the dollar was at 37 to 39...the dealer is tsill quoting Rs. 53 ex showroom though...I suppose the fine print will say finall payment adjusted for on exchange rate on dispatch date from Germany...worth checking out.
Old 20th June 2008, 14:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
He wont get a diesel in the Pardo here. He may however import the bigger Landcruiser with a diesel engine.
Yes, Yesterday I saw a Landcruiser with 4.2TD batch, i guess its imported.
WOW!!! What a beast it was. I didn't knew that Landcruiser and Landcruiser Prado are different. Else I would have taken pics of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
VW Toureag is a good choice. I drove one a few months back and it is great to drive.
I happen to read in a auto-mag few years ago, that a VW Toureag can tow away a building if attached.!!! (so much torque it has, 500Nm @ 1700RPM)
But one thing enthusiasts detest is an auto box and the Toureag comes with an auto box. (i have no idea about the capabilities of this tranny)

The Q7 looks like a crossover for me. BTW, is this based on any of the Audi cars platform??

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 20th June 2008 at 15:04.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

I happen to read in a auto-mag few years ago, that a VW Toureag can tow away a building if attached.!!! (so much torque it has, 500Nm @ 1700RPM)
But one thing enthusiasts detest is an auto box and the Toureag comes with an auto box. (i have no idea about the capabilities of this tranny)
With that much torque even a slush box is exceptionally fun to drive !

The Toureag V10 diesel is one of the best in the market. I have seen a navy blue one around bombay often.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th June 2008 at 16:44.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:48   #22
BHPian

The toureg is the best bet, with all the essential options (Dynaudio,dvd navigation, etc) it should cost about 49 OTR thane. The engine is gem but is let down by the transmission which is real lazy, you will have to wait atleast 2 seconds in kickdown for it to select the right gear. But it does have a lot of bottom end torque and does 0-100 in 9 odd seconds. The interior is top notch quality.

The toureg is definately a better buy than the montero and X3.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:59   #23
BANNED

R.P.M

I agree with your choice of VW Toureg, it sure is the Best SUV available right now at that price range.

Tough on build
Best in Quality

Amazing to know about its engine specs

4172 cc 4.2 ltrs V8 Front engine.
DOHC with 5 valve per cylinder
310 BHP
4 Wheel ABS
4 Wheel Drive
4 Ventilated Disc Brakes
Traction control

Whoa.. thats a lot for an SUV.

Havent seen one on T-BHP so far.
Old 20th June 2008, 17:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

The Q7 looks like a crossover for me. BTW, is this based on any of the Audi cars platform??

raj.
i remember seeing in a mag a toureg towing a plane. either a 737 or a 747. the latter i think. it only had some chassis mods.
Old 20th June 2008, 17:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Q7 waiting period is 1 year according to Audi India sales head. The dealer does have some cars preordered/allocated but you have to take it as per the options already selected i.e color...etc. Not sure how this happens he has 2 cars preordered....cant have that many cancellations.

I have an importer who can get me any spec Q7 on OGL with 3 to 4 lacs saving so he claims.....by the way anyone i.e individual can do it from India...but then these guys are good at the logistics so why break your head. Last time I did costing the standard Q7 from Audi India dealer came to 63lacs on road new mumbai individual reg...this was when the dollar was at 37 to 39...the dealer is tsill quoting Rs. 53 ex showroom though...I suppose the fine print will say finall payment adjusted for on exchange rate on dispatch date from Germany...worth checking out.

The Q7 is available almost off the shelf in Gurgaon, I am surprised the head of Audi Sales is unaware of that. Infact the dealer had sent me one for a TD for a whole day. It was great to drive AND it was available off the shelf, though in limited colour choices.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2008, 19:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

audi q7 could be your first option and toureg comes next
but then again toureg might be more value

Last edited by AMATMO : 20th June 2008 at 19:24.
Old 20th June 2008, 19:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

what is the onroad price of the Mercedes ML 320 CDI ?
why isn't popular among the fanboys on the forum ?
Old 20th June 2008, 19:27   #28
BHPian

q7 on road i think will be 65-70l.is the q5 worth the wait. the v6 does 0-100 in 6 seconds! and yes it will be diesel too.as for the montero i think it is very underpowerd 0-100 in 17 second. a tata indica is faster!what is on-road price of touareg? as for xc-90 it is very ugly and 45 lac with no options!
Old 20th June 2008, 19:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
what is the onroad price of the Mercedes ML 320 CDI ?
why isn't popular among the fanboys on the forum ?

A friend has the ML 320 & X5. There is a HUGE difference in road presence of the two. The ML does not come close at all. It makes little sense to buy the ML vs the X5.

See them side by side & you will know what I am talking about

Cheers
Old 20th June 2008, 23:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, Mitsubishi Montero costs less than 40-45 lakhs. This is a full size SUV ( almost full size ) and can do most of the jobs these ( read SUV ) are expected to do. It is capable and is well within budget you have specified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks