Old 31st August 2008, 12:29   #121
Team-BHP Support

i think its 5l for the panoramic roof.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:40   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think its 5l for the panoramic roof.
. Mercedes charges around the same for a Panoramic roof as well. the sun roof is standard.
Old 31st August 2008, 17:13   #123
BHPian

i dont know when its coming.dad ordered it.3 months apprx.
Old 1st September 2008, 11:49   #124
BHPian

Congrats Indra! lovely buy! so finally you zeroed in on the Q7! lovely suv it is! When is the delivery?
Old 1st September 2008, 12:28   #125
BHPian

does anyone know how much a range rover sport cost(on-road price)? speedy can you find out with importers in mumbai or dehli?
Old 2nd September 2008, 01:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
does anyone know how much a range rover sport cost(on-road price)? speedy can you find out with importers in mumbai or dehli?
Here we go again. dont change your mind this time round .

the Range rover sport officially is starting at 85lacs and goes upward depending on the options chosen. a dealer was offering a 30 km done RR sport for 78lacs.
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:14   #127
BHPian

Speedy
BMW 530 does not play DVD movies (original) . It does play DVD mp3
both rewritable and non rewritable .

Sad it doesn't allow DVD nor VCD movies
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:12   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Speedy
BMW 530 does not play DVD movies (original) . It does play DVD mp3
both rewritable and non rewritable .

Sad it doesn't allow DVD nor VCD movies
OH ! that is bad. i just read DVD from the guys so i presumed movies. dont you think in the 530 it would be pointless to have the movies as it has a small control screen only. you would require the external entertainment package option right. my mother wanted it for the ML but i refused. i find it pointless with our kind of roads. it would just keep skipping or hang.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:01   #129
BHPian

Speedy today i tested the cayenne(off road).We have a sand dune (big one) in our property.Uncle came with his cayenne and we had our hyundai tucson.first we tried to climb the sand dune with cayenne and guess what!!! it dint climb.so we decided to try our tucson and it CLIMBED! both cars were in 4wd. To me this is very shocking.So tomorrow uncle is coming with is X5 3.0d.will update you if it climbs the dune or not.I am very happy we dint choose the cayenne.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:31   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
OH ! that is bad. i just read DVD from the guys so i presumed movies. dont you think in the 530 it would be pointless to have the movies as it has a small control screen only. you would require the external entertainment package option right. my mother wanted it for the ML but i refused. i find it pointless with our kind of roads. it would just keep skipping or hang.
They have a rear entertainment pack like the 7 series .
They are charging close to 3.5 lakhs which i think is quite expensive sinse i would be driving...
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy today i tested the cayenne(off road).We have a sand dune (big one) in our property.Uncle came with his cayenne and we had our hyundai tucson.first we tried to climb the sand dune with cayenne and guess what!!! it dint climb.so we decided to try our tucson and it CLIMBED! both cars were in 4wd. To me this is very shocking.So tomorrow uncle is coming with is X5 3.0d.will update you if it climbs the dune or not.I am very happy we dint choose the cayenne.
That is not possible i just cant believe it. i have seen my friends doing crazy things with their Cayenne's. the cayenne has more ground clearance than the tucson and with the airmatic suspension it raises higher. the cayanne also is more powerful than the tucson so it has to climb. maybe your uncle was being carefull with the car. spares have to ordered if anything goes wrong. so this removes have the fun from these cars. you can see the Cayenne offroading videos to see what i am talking about. the X5 i hope would pull through. dont expect the Q7 to do that, it is bigger and heavier than the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
They have a rear entertainment pack like the 7 series .
They are charging close to 3.5 lakhs which i think is quite expensive sinse i would be driving...
yeah that is the worst thing if your going to be driving. we too had the options for the 7 and the X5 and now the ML. we did not take it for any. it made no sense to us. Criminal waste of money according to me.
the ML is the only one thats going to be self driven for 500kms one trip, and even if we do go to pune or other places our friends are always there. so what do i do with entertainment pack.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:23   #132
BHPian

speedy the cayenne was driven by me and tucson also. i even set the cayenne to full off roading settings. Today took the x5.performed far better than my tucson and even more than the cayenne.When i was driving the x5 it hit badly under the bumper and broke the under protection.And then it showed on the screen that steering needed serious checking.
Old 4th September 2008, 00:12   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
speedy the cayenne was driven by me and tucson also. i even set the cayenne to full off roading settings. Today took the x5.performed far better than my tucson and even more than the cayenne.When i was driving the x5 it hit badly under the bumper and broke the under protection.And then it showed on the screen that steering needed serious checking.
i have informed my friend in Porsche, and he could not believe it too.
the X5 does not have skid plates ( i think thats what its called), they are options that not many choose including ours.. these protect the bumpers and the drive train from below incase of offroading. The X5 is a capable car for this but i feel a tad bit fragile. i wonder how the ML would hold in such conditions. i would know soon as the car comes in tomorrow.
there is a nack of how to take the car through this sort of surface without damageing it. check out the Range Rover experience. they teach you haw to take cars through the rough terrains.
Old 4th September 2008, 04:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch!! and Double Ouch!! Whats the point of having an SUV that cant have fun
Old 4th September 2008, 08:51   #135
BHPian

i think i have not adjusted the 4wd properly in the porsche. it is just too complicated.i had tested the old ML on the sand dune it performed quite well being a soft roader.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks