Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 20:22   #61
BHPian

power and looks are the main thing we need. price is not a issue.which looks better yourll think? car shouldnt cost 65 lac and above.any idea what is the price of a range rover sport?
Old 13th August 2008, 00:41   #62
BHPian

Q7 is the KING of suvs i would say...just like SINGH IS KING!

By far, much much better than the Cayenne in looks and size, Havent driven the Cayenne yet, but the Q7 is mighty powerful.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:43   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
power and looks are the main thing we need. price is not a issue.which looks better yourll think? car shouldnt cost 65 lac and above.any idea what is the price of a range rover sport?
thats sort of contradicting yourself isnt it? lol

i suggest you stick to the q7 with the 20s.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:57   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thats sort of contradicting yourself isnt it? lol
I was thinking about the samething.

If your running is high and you require a diesel then it's the Q7, if not then the Cayanne will be more fun to drive.
Personally i prefer the Cayanne's look provided it has atleast 18-19inch alloys. Q7 is a good looking SUV but at certain angles it tends to look like a station wagon.
RR sport might be a little out of your budget unless you get a complete base version and the HSE version is not thaat quick either.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

it all depends on which cayenne your looking at. the fun is in the S, GTS and Turbo. these would be in the 65 and above price bracket.
the Range Rover Sport is in the 85 lacs and above bracket. the dico 3 is in the 78 lac range. i had asked the Guys at Navneet motors as i wanted to get a Range Rover Sport.
As far as what i heard and have seen with the Touareg companies are now homologating their vehicles and have stopped the extra options they used to Provide. Touareg offers only two options base and luxury, so please check with the company otherwise your dream of 20' or 21' wheels will be shattered.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:46   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As far as what i heard and have seen with the Touareg companies are now homologating their vehicles and have stopped the extra options they used to Provide. Touareg offers only two options base and luxury, so please check with the company otherwise your dream of 20' or 21' wheels will be shattered.
So the price has come down?

VW should consider locally production of the V10 TDi !
Old 13th August 2008, 14:47   #67
BHPian

i am looking at the cayenne(v6).shail even i think it looks little like a station wagon.but for us the third row seats are important. if its the cayenne it is the blue on or if it is the q7 it is lava grey.(we like whites alot but now have too many whites )
Old 14th August 2008, 02:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

no sahil the price has not come down. the price for the base is 41,000 dollars and the luxury package is 46,000 dollars. they should but i am not at all happy with their showroom response and plan to take it up in the next WIAA meeting. it took me from January to last week for a response from them after i involved my friend from BSM Magazine.

indra slk drive both variants of the cayenne. the base and the S variant and you shall see the power difference in both. if you want the third row seating then the q7 is what you want to get. My aunt has one and it is very comfortable.
Old 14th August 2008, 03:36   #69
BHPian

You booked and cancelled a Q7 booking "WOW." Good that the Quote was not updated from Thinking...to...Thought...to...Thinking Again

In my opinion, Q7 was the best option that could have been booked. Rest of the options done really compare with this mean machine!!
Old 15th August 2008, 15:22   #70
BHPian

the s varient is over the budget.does anyone know the standered features on the Q7 and the optionals?and their prices?
Old 16th August 2008, 01:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
the s varient is over the budget.does anyone know the standered features on the Q7 and the optionals?and their prices?
indra_slk if you say you had booked the q7 and then cancelled the company must have given you options list and specification sheet of standard features with priceing.
you can go into the audi india website and download the brouchure.
Old 17th August 2008, 18:11   #72
BHPian

i think we will stick to Q7 as of now.but i heard the diesel cayenne coming next year to india.also heard that the cayenne mileage is not good.any idea how much is it?
Old 17th August 2008, 18:43   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

The diesel cayenne is still under development slated to launch in 2009, by the time it makes it to India it would be atleast a year from now.

Hopefully by then Porsche's plan to setup an assembly line in India will be finalized.
Although i have full confidence in Porsche' engineering it would be best to wait a while before buying a diesel cayanne as this is the first time they are developing a diesel powerplant.

Btw its expected to be a 300+HP with twin turbo V6

My friends Cayanne_S gives 4-5kmpl in Mumbai !
Old 17th August 2008, 22:41   #74
BHPian

wow 300hp!!then ill tell my dad to wait for that.hope its more powerfull then the petrol one.
Old 18th August 2008, 08:58   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

dude you might have to wait a long time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks