Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 10:18   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Ok just found on on the Australian Mitsubishi site, which has much more details on the Montero aka Pajero. It states clearly that the Rockford Audio System features MP3 Compatible 6 Disc Changer too. Yipee! cleared a major doubt! Was wondering what to do without an MP3 Player!
but the a4 has a 14 speaker b&o soundsystem.

it just comes down to your choice between a sedan and an suv. i think you wait till you td the 3.2fsi and then decide.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:13   #32
BHPian

Hey Karan, yes, keeping the mods busy for sure! I have not yet finalised on he Montero, just waiting for the A4 to come out. Another sad thing - The RED A4 will take me atleast 3-4 months to come, they told me today! :( It will have to be ordered for in the next lot. Currently only Black, Silver stuff is available. So if the delivery time is so long, and am getting the Montero readily, then Montero it is!

Another sad thing - Montero stocks are not maintained high in India with Mitsubishi. They are imported CBU time to time, and currently they have only 2 colors in stock the dealer "thinks" which he will confirm me in a couple of days. If Montero, then i wud buy in Silver or White, Black strictly no no! and Dark Blue, not sure, as already my Scorpio then and Tucson now is Blue.

Akshay, There is no way i am buying the 3.2 FSI, I STRICTLY want a Diesel only, and the 3.2 FSI in my opinion, would be a waste of money. 3.2 FSI would be around Rs.41-43 Lks on road. At that price, i would anyday take the 520d if i wanted a sedan of that price. I wont be able to use the super power of the 3.2 FSI at all! then why waste money on something u cant use, rather buy the 520d and enjoy its diesel benefits, and the extra space and all other comforts.

And akshay, do u know what the upgrade price is for the 14 Speaker B&O sound system!!! its Rs.6lks extra for that! now there is now way i am paying that money for just the sound system! hahaha! so yea. Montero at 42lk includes the Rockford 12 Speaker system!

MODS, again, PLEASE change the title or just add the Montero to it, so people can actually see comparision of 4 cars and why i chose one amongst them.

Thanks a lot guys for ur inputs i say again! please keep it coming, and help me clear of this stupid mindblock i am having against deciding if i want a SUV or want to compromise with a Sporty sedan!
Old 18th July 2008, 12:28   #33
BHPian

Audi A4 should be the all rounder as you can tune the dynamic suspension for the best ride, like you get 3 cars in 1.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:00   #34
BHPian

Hi Gopinathann, The Drive select feature is only in the 3.2 FSI and that too at a cost of around Rs.2lk - its an option, not standard. The Auto magazines are all given the fully loaded cars.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Just visited this thread.. starting readin gfrom the beginning, something (may be the little bird from the east) was telling me "This man is gonna go for Montero "...
And I guess you are closing in there..
All said here Audi is a bit upmarket, sober driving machine and there are no roads in India for this kind of beutiful hi-tech machines, while a Montero fits more than all your tastes as well as best suited to this country without loosing the fun and passion of driving...
go for Montero man.. thats the machine you need...
Old 18th July 2008, 16:50   #36
BHPian

Firstly, Thanks a lot for the thums up for the Montero, RajaTauras.

Hi guys, well, luckily the Dealer here has 2 Montero's with him, both Automatic,.

1. Blue Exterior - Beige Interior
2. Silver Exterior - Black Interior.

Now will go have a look at both how good they look, either silver or Blue. I think Silve with Black interior would suit me more, as with both my Tucson and Laura, having beige interiors, they have got quiet dirty. So this time i think its better i take something Black so it doesnt look dirty.

Unfortunately, no td! SO does anyone here knows how good the Montero's pickup is? Please let me know, coz if i buy the Montero, it will have to be without the Test Drive! :(

thanks again!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 18th July 2008 at 16:52.
Old 18th July 2008, 17:52   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
SO does anyone here knows how good the Montero's pickup is?
Its peppy alright, but the new Montero is slower than the 2006 model by about 2 seconds in the 0 - 100 dash. Reason? Added weight due to the luxo features.

Quote:
coz if i buy the Montero, it will have to be without the Test Drive! :(
Please don't buy a car without testing it; what may be good for someone else may NOT be good for you. You are spending 40 lakhs for a car....spend 7,000 bucks on an air-ticket. I am sure dealers from Mumbai / Delhi will have the Montero available for tests. If you need any help with arranging a test in Mumbai, drop a PM.
Old 18th July 2008, 17:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Exactly what I was going to say GTO. Do not buy without a TD. Audi tried selling me the old A4 without TD as well as the new A4. They said I can get the first lot of cars to arrive but no TD till july end or august. Naturally I refused. Putting down that kind of money without TD is just not done.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:28   #39
BHPian

Hello guys!

@GTO, Vid6639
Thanks to your advise about test driving it before buying! and indeed, its proven worth it!

Now guys, got to see the NEW AUDI A4 finally! and here is my take on it :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...si-250bhp.html

ITS AWESOME! very very good!
Almost finalised on this.

Saturday morning i get a call and first thing in the morning, i go to the Audi Showroom with dad and check it out! On the way, i called up the Mitsu dealer and told him i am on way to the Audi dealer to check out the new A4 as its very advanced, and i will not buy the Montero without a TD! hearing this he gets nervous! says will call me back in 10 mins.

When i reach the Audi showroom, his calls start coming, "Sir, i have arranged the TD of the Montero, just for you, and please come immediately as the car is waiting!" and then every 5 mins he called to ask if i have left from Audi or not! Maybe he felt really insecure about it (after TD i know why!) and wanted me to get out of AUDI as soon as possible!

NOw when i calculated, the model i wanted - with option pack of Memory function for front seats and mirror, 17"rims and Front parking sensors (stupid of them not to put the memory functions and front sensors as default!) was costing me around Rs.36lks after my Insurance NCB.

From here i go and check out the Montero -
The Montero is NOT GOOD! the driving is a bit rough kinda.

Engine : Noisy, has a dirty clatter, makes the car feel very cheap one - something like a sumo/bolero! The Scorpio mHawk sounds better than this engine!
Pickup: LOUSY! 0-100 mark is at 15.5sec! and this i think must be of the manual!

Only good for driver based! and then rear seating is not good - knee up position, just not acceptable for a car of 42-lks!

From here i went to TD the BMW 520d as it has the same price as the Montero.

Well, shortly will put up my TD on it, but for now -

ITS BOUGHT!

I would have surely gone for the A4, if the 520d model wouldnt have been there!
BMW 520d - Rs.41,20,000 onroad
Audi A4 2.0TDI - Rs.36,00,000 onroad

Now with only a difference of 5lk, the 520 d is a real deal!
-Bigger
-Segment above
- Same features almost but iDrive is better, as the MMI in A4 Diesel is with only half the funcitons
- Definately looks more better than the new A4,
- Similar Pickup can be expected, added weight, but 25bhp more too!

So hence my decission, Graphite Grey, with Beige Interiors, - the 520d!

Thanks a lot for all your inputs guys!

Now have to decide if i want the Service Pack or not.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ID.

Just one question - why not tan interiors ?
Old 20th July 2008, 13:56   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant decision !! Congrats!
Old 20th July 2008, 14:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

congrats!! saw you getting out of the dealership yest,was in barista then, thought you would def pick up a beemer but imagined a blue x5

whats going to happen to the tucson?

Last edited by aadix : 20th July 2008 at 14:01.
Old 20th July 2008, 14:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic! That's a good decision Rishaan, when's the delivery? And what wheels?? The E60 looks best in darker colours with big wheels
Old 20th July 2008, 14:59   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice finally. Congratulations and enjoy!!

i guess the same thing might happen to lot of potential A4 buyers. Audi seems to have put together A4 well - but their pricing will prevent any dramatic increase in their market share?
Old 20th July 2008, 15:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great buy. Think its a good decision over the others. Did you think volvo..??? How much would that be on road. iHeard its in 5series price range..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks