Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 11:16   #91
Senior - BHPian

@ Sahil, the space saver was designed to save space, hence it is with the size 135.Any wider tyre wont fit in it.Besides it is better to have this than to have a blown out RFT with no where to go!
Old 20th August 2008, 14:12   #92
BHPian

Maverick
why do we need a space saver tyre when we can use RFT?
Old 24th August 2008, 12:27   #93
BHPian

Hey all

Finally took the delivery today around 11:am, but that was just a "formal" delivery, as in, took it out of their workshop, and immediately put it back in!
Because... My new set of tires haven't yet come! transport company says it will reach today at any cost! :( and as i wanted to take the delivery at any cost today itself, so the dealer suggested i take it just out of their workshop today for delivery sake, and put it right back in, coz he aint going to allow me driving it one bit with the stock oem tyres as he is buying it back from me, if driven more, then he cant buyback. i can understand his problem, and appreciate he allowing me to drive that much at least!

Hope fully tires to come by today evening or tomorrow morning, then can take delivery by tomorrow afternoon again from their showroom.

the wait is a slow death!
Old 25th August 2008, 02:19   #94
BHPian

Hey All!

The Tyres have finally come in! got a call from the transport company's godown that their truck has finally arrived! (which unfortunately went missing coz of non communication with the driver, as the truck was a day late! came to know it had a tyre blast, else would have come in by saturday!)

Just came back home now getting it from the Transporter's godown! 2 am!

So now i can be rest assured that by monday afternoon i will have my new car with me! going to sleep now! bye!
Old 28th August 2008, 16:35   #95
BHPian

HI ALL!

Finally taken delivery of my 520d on 25th - Monday! Gave the workshop the tyres on monday morning, and by evening 5pm it was all ready to go!

The tyres look very good, and the best part is... the comfort level now surpasses even the Mercedes E Class! The Runflats are NO DOUBT a horrible thing, and putting in normal Tubeless tyres has made the drive heavenly!

4 days and already clocked 400kms! hahaha! Will post the pics soon!

Have added following accessories to it :
1. AC Shnitzer Roof Spoiler
2. AC Schnitzer Trunk Spoiler
3. ///M Badging on rear and both fenders - ///M 5 on rear, and ///M on left and right fenders.
4. M5 Alloy Wheel center caps
5. Chrome BMW Door Lock Pins
6. M6 Type Kidney Grill
7. 3M Floor matting

Thanks a lot for your opinions! just waiting for the first 2000kms breakin period to get over! cant wait to redline it!
Old 28th August 2008, 20:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Waiting anxiously for the pics. Please try and meke it to one of the meets so we can admire the beauty in person
Old 28th August 2008, 20:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey InsaneDevil, congratulations on finally getting your hands on the monster.
Now , pics and an initial report please.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:19   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn I made a mistake by introducing you to e60forums, the modding bug has bitten you bad!!
Looking forward to the pics so I can order whatever I liked off it, like I said your a ginuea pig
Did the customs give you problems?
Old 28th August 2008, 21:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on the delivery of the car. your report is crutial for me to decide whether i want to get it or not. do post pictures of the car at your liesure. i thought you called for the tyres from BMW itself.
Old 28th August 2008, 22:22   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

speedy-you seem to be on a car buying spree!
so you finally come to term with "5>E"
btw the 520d is nearly as quick as the e280cdi so if you are looking for something quicker get the 530d.
Old 29th August 2008, 08:00   #101
BHPian

@ Cooldude : Thanks mate, surely will make it to the next one, just give me some time to settle down. Our holy days have just started this thursday, will go on till next thursday. so these 8 days no eatin outside! :( so yea... anytime from 5th september, i am game!

@ Sammyboy: thanks! just give me some time, and everything will come in! waiting for a couple of parts to come thru!

@ Speedy : dont wait for a report... just buy it mate! the car is so fine, that u dont need a report to read to buy it! i bought it without the testdrive... i had only driven the 530 d, which indeed is powerful, and bought the 520d, well, i will say the 520d is also very powerful! anything exactly u looking for to know, before u make ur decission to buy it? so that i can answer u instantly. Speedy, I purchased the tyres from a Pirelli Dealer in hyderabad. he is my cousin, and hence he said if i wanted to save time and get the tyres as quickly as possible, it is better i take it directly from the transport company, else they take long time sending it over to his shop. The sole distributor of Pirelli Tyres in India is located in Baroda. So all tyres have to come from him. Unusual sizes, like mine, no one keeps stock here.

@ Sahil: Bhai, yes, u really shuld't have introduced me to that forum! now the bug is all over me, and finally i am only to decided about the fate on angeleyes! Till i dont get a purewhite one, i wont be satisfied! just not able to decide which one to go for! Will surely put up the pics soon! And NO, the customs didnt make any rucuss over it! i tracked the shipment for my spoilers, as it was a big box, entered mumbai customs on 17th august, and left from there on 23rd August, after being declared "non-dutiable"! so now i am wondering should i go one step ahead and call for AC Schnitzer Rear Bumper spoiler too! thanks a lot!
Old 29th August 2008, 08:44   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ID. Replacing run-flats must have improved the ride a lot. Good decision - I didn't know dealer would allow it. Enjoy your car!
Old 29th August 2008, 09:13   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Rishan. I can't wait to see the pictures and yes, please make it to next meet so that we can atleast drool over your new beauty
Old 29th August 2008, 09:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rishaan.. quiet a list of mods you have added there.. waiting for the pics.. drive safe!
Old 29th August 2008, 11:10   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the 520! I am glad you got rid of the runflats. Enjoy.

Most Viewed