Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 21:05   #31
BHPian

Hey Sujith,

What u say is very true... The concept of "Enough power for indian roads" made me go for the 520d instead

I was planning for the new Audi A4 diesel, but just before that launch, BMW launched the 520d, now i saw that the 520d costing me only a few lakhs extra, is giving me much more! More Gadgets, More or Same power, Bigger car, more spacious and all that! also the BSI+R package of 2.7lk sounds a great deal, (had to clarify with other members and BMW India if it also is "extended warranty" also, which it is!)

Audi is coming out with similar packages next month, supposedly.

About Gadgets in 530d and A4 3.2lt FSI Fully loaded (rs.51lk,) the Audi A4 is much superior to the 530d in terms of gadgets dude!

- Drive Select system - WONDERFUL!
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System, much better than BMW's Harman Kardon.
- Full Fledge MMI in the petrol A4 is better than iDrive they say.
- 12 way seat adjustment is better than BMW's.

Only thing more in the BMW is that the 'rake and reach' steering is Electronically adjustable. Rest, all features in both cars are same.

530d Highline has one extra feature - Infrared Nightvision Camera.

But yes, the Diesel definately is best suited for Indian driving conditions, both power vise and economy vise. Gives enough power for all - 530d/520d, and good mileage too.
Old 29th July 2008, 22:07   #32
BHPian

Guys, I drove the 530d on Saturday last week; came away presently surprised.

It's the first diesel car I am buying.

Also, the new Audi A4 ( 3.2 FSI ), needs 97 Octane fuel to delivery 265 horses.

So, the BMW 530d, makes a lot more sense as it delivers 235 bhp and 500 NM of torque on regular diesel, itself !!
Old 31st July 2008, 10:16   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Guys, I drove the 530d on Saturday last week; came away presently surprised.

It's the first diesel car I am buying.

Also, the new Audi A4 ( 3.2 FSI ), needs 97 Octane fuel to delivery 265 horses.

So, the BMW 530d, makes a lot more sense as it delivers 235 bhp and 500 NM of torque on regular diesel, itself !!
Congratulations ecclipse ! It seems to be raining beemers rather 5ers on T-Bhp of late

You definatly picked the best of the lot, the diesel is a no-brainer.... Are you getting the highline or regular?
Old 31st July 2008, 11:09   #34
BHPian

Hi Sahil,

I've booked the Highline. The premium for this over the regular version includes:

Nightvision
18inch alloys and 245/40 tyres
Sports steering
Old 31st July 2008, 14:23   #35
BHPian

ah! so now we have a 520d, 530d and a 530d highline as well in the forum, all scheduled for august delivery! hahaha!
Old 31st July 2008, 15:12   #36
BHPian

Congrats dude.
Do post the pics here.
Well the video proves beyond a spec of doubt that the beemer is as good as it comes.
BEE-UUU-TI ful to say the least

Cheers and drive safe
Old 31st July 2008, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Im getting the highline version too.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2008 at 22:39. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 31st July 2008, 17:41   #38
BHPian

Guys, it looks like we have to plan a BMW 5 series meet itself soon, once all of us get our cars in August.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey Sujith,

- Drive Select system - WONDERFUL!
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System, much better than BMW's Harman Kardon.
- Full Fledge MMI in the petrol A4 is better than iDrive they say.
- 12 way seat adjustment is better than BMW's.
1 . I Dont agree drive select is wonderful especially because the difference is so minimal that u hardly realize in india

2 . B&O is better than harman kardon but again everyone thinks Audi is a 36L car rather than 51L

3 . Full fledge MMI in Audi is situated on the dash near the air conditioning buttons and unlike BMW's idrive knob is next to the hand brake and i felt BMW's was much easy to access than Audi's

4 . 12 way seat adjustment is good .

And main thing is as i said in kerala audi dealership is gone to peninsular and trust me those people just cant be handled. so unless someone badly wants an audi i wouldn't suggest anyone to deal with penisular they are just bad.
Old 4th August 2008, 23:32   #40
BHPian

Who is going to service your BMW in Cochin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
I scraped the idea of getting an A4 3.2 after having a test drive of 530d and thanx to team bhp too.

Now my issue is whether to get a 530d or 530i .

Now 530d is more economical but i wanna know whether there is a drastic diffrence in performance when compared to a petrol version. it will be great if you people could guide me .

ps: thanks to team bhp that i scrapped A4 and i feel it was a right choice
thanks guys

Note from the Support Staff: Thread merged with existing. Continue discussion here.

Please don't tell me you trust Koyenco( supposedly the service center) to service your BMW when they have made a total botched up repair of my Junkindica after the court gave them 14 days to repair my car.
Please take your car elsewhere for service. If they cannot repair a simple car like the Indica how on earth are they going to service your car let alone make attempts at repair.
Please please go to the service center and have a chat with the service guys and see if they know at least a much as you do regarding BMW cars and what their qualifications are.
Old 5th August 2008, 01:02   #41
BANNED

Doctor, I don't think BMW isn't such stupids to be ignorant about the dealers and service guys they have with them.
It's sure they'll have their own service team.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Please don't tell me you trust Koyenco( supposedly the service center) to service your BMW when they have made a total botched up repair of my Junkindica after the court gave them 14 days to repair my car.
Please take your car elsewhere for service. If they cannot repair a simple car like the Indica how on earth are they going to service your car let alone make attempts at repair.
Please please go to the service center and have a chat with the service guys and see if they know at least a much as you do regarding BMW cars and what their qualifications are.
YUP. i did have a word with the service team especially after most people told me about thier indica trouble. i was really amazed to know that most of them are indians who were working in dubai and germany plants of BMW'S . They were the people who actually explained the whole car to me because the sales people knew hardly anything . They even took me on a tour in their service section and its quite neat.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:03   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
i've told them to go ahead with mobile interface and ipod kits
they even suggested me to go for a dvd player like the one found on 7 series in the middle for the rear seats and they charge 260000/- . i am not so sure with that but they told me they can fix that any point of time even after delivery . I am still open to options if something is available .

One important thing is does anyone know where i can get BMW'S keychains

THANKS
Your getting a beast of an engine to sit in the backseat and watch DVDs?

I have a really nice keychain with a small BMW sign and a big 5 attached to it. It was for 2500 or so at the dealership but I took it for free by telling them when I spend 50 lakhs on a car the least I expect is a damn keychain free

PS: i indeed was quoted 60k for bluetooth.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th August 2008 at 00:25. Reason: Oops! Did not notice double post. Fixed.
Old 6th August 2008, 13:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats guys!

Hi5 @ TBHP.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
@ Sujithnk: The DVD system is meant for Navigation, as Maverick rightly said, and the main purpose it being a DVD System, is that in Europe and also in US, they have the entire US/Europe MAP in one DVD, as most people there keep driving from one country to another by road. So the data comes up to around 2.5 - 3 gb for the entire Europe map.
hey maverick
I am getting my car on august 17th and its a monaco blue and they swapped from another dealer and now i think they swapped with your dealer since u said they swapped .

My friend had taken the chasis number to buy ipod kit in dubai and they told him that in india its 2007 model 5 series and apparently there is a 2008 model 5 series released in dubai .

Is it so ?

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks