Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
But if your even more power hungry, throw in a turbo charger+FFE+Intake etc and you are guaranteed far more driving pleasure than your v6
more chance of blowing your engine too Sahil. a friend of mine has blown his engine in just testing the car. even though i am a power freak i would recomend just the exhaust change and an air filter. this would give more power. if you are still not satisfied remap the car to give more bhp.
Old 23rd August 2008, 16:28   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But if your even more power hungry, throw in a turbo charger+FFE+Intake etc and you are guaranteed far more driving pleasure than your v6
To a new Accord? Thats easier said than done. Factory horses are far more reliable / powerful than aftermarket ones. And you can in all certainly say bye-bye to the famous Honda reliability. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Besides TCS what else does the V6 have over the New Accord?
Well, how much more does the new Accord I-4 offer over the old Accord V6? More space...sure, but the old Accord is not lacking on that front either. The old Accord V6 is far more powerful, handling is more driver-oriented and looks, well, are subjective. His usage is primarily within the city. For that purpose, the smaller (relatively) dimensions of the old Accord + automatic gearbox are far better suited. What I am trying to arrive at, is the owner of an old Accord V6 getting equivalent value for the 9 lakhs differential to the new Accord I-4? Certainly not.
Old 23rd August 2008, 16:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think kedar needs to watch the fuel efficiency test in Top gear Season 11 Episode 1 where they put a BMW M3 vs a Toyota Prius.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:58   #19
BHPian

noise

Guys after all your advice I have finally decided to keep the Accord.(especially after reading GTO's Mathematics)Well I am doing few mods on the V6,will post the pics very soon.I wanted to ask the gurus,Since last week there is some kind of noise coming beneath the bonnet.Its nothing to do with the engine or the suspensions.Its only when I shift the gear in D mode there is some kind of rubbing noise near the tyres.I got it checked from a local mechanice.He told me that there is some fixing to be done in the rubber foundation which will cost around 2K.Now the question is that should I get it done locally or do I need to go the Honda Service center.After the free services I have been changing the engine oil every 5000Kms.Since a year I ve not taken my car to the authorised service center.Its around 25000KM on the odo.Should I take it to the service centre or no??
Old 1st September 2008, 22:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

get a qoute from the dealership and then decide over giving it to a trusted mechanic
Old 1st September 2008, 23:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Since you have not taken it to an authorised service center in a while, have your car serviced at one next time.
While at that, your service advisor will make a list of the things wrong/busted/kaput/malfucntioning, or not OE in/on your car.
Get a rough quote from the service center for the same, and then get one from a reputed garage. See the naure of problem, difference in costs, and then make your choice.

Good choice on keeping back the V6, getting a new accord for twice the price of your current ride would not make financial sense.

manson.
Old 1st September 2008, 23:16   #22
BHPian

It's nice to hear that you've decided to keep the V6. Everyone has stated most of the reasons why it's the far better option, so I won't repeat the same.

Just a word of advice. Go ahead with the exhaust, intake etc. but do try and avoid the "angel eyes". They're of really poor quality and will need different sized HIDs, as compared to the stock headlights. So, if something does go wrong with the headlights, you'll have to change to stock AND buy new HIDs to fit the stock headlights.
Old 1st September 2008, 23:27   #23
BHPian

service

First thing after Ganeshotsav,I will take the car to Linkway.As advised by senior bhpiians,I will go for a regular service and mention about the noise problem and ask for the quote.Thanks once again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks