Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 7th October 2008, 00:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinahuja View Post
haha..i agree..it a lot more prestigious and rare as well!
Prestigious yes, you could say Rare for the time being, give it some time. There are three in Bombay and i believe two in the south.
My suggestion is that you take your time and look at the reviews, utility and test drive the cars and then decide. They are not cheap so do not rush. I took six months to decide. May i remind you i did not buy the car that my brains had chosen, i went with my heart.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:38   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Prestigious yes, you could say Rare for the time being, give it some time. There are three in Bombay and i believe two in the south.
My suggestion is that you take your time and look at the reviews, utility and test drive the cars and then decide. They are not cheap so do not rush. I took six months to decide. May i remind you i did not buy the car that my brains had chosen, i went with my heart.
I totally agree..i keep changing my views on these cars every day! Talking to you has been a great help! Thank you so much
Old 3rd May 2021, 20:11   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes Benz GL 320CDI

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm being offered a 2007 MB GL 320CDI (a consulate car) and wondering what I would have to pay for taxes/registration/other if I registered it in Mumbai.

Does anyone have an idea what rate/s apply for such a vehicle?

TIA!
Old 3rd May 2021, 20:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
what I would have to pay for taxes/registration/other if I registered it. Does anyone have an idea what rate/s apply for such a vehicle!
The last I heard here in Delhi, one has to pay GST on the sale value, should be itís 18% but depending on the interpretation by the consulate, can be even 50% as the car was technically never sold in India (vat or gst unpaid). Plus the road tax depending on the value as RTO in your jurisdiction mandates. Have seen a couple of people picking the cars but had big troubles in registration. Some had to be actually scraped.

Frankly, I will simply stay out of this.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 20:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
The last I heard here in Delhi, one has to pay GST on the sale value, should be itís 18% but depending on the interpretation by the consulate, can be even 50% as the car was technically never sold in India (vat or gst unpaid). Plus the road tax depending on the value as RTO in your jurisdiction mandates. Have seen a couple of people picking the cars but had big troubles in registration. Some had to be actually scraped.

Frankly, I will simply stay out of this.
Wow!

Yes, better to be careful...

Most Viewed