Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 20:29   #31
BHPian

Dont buy now!!!!

Hi there,
I have a few pointers for you:
1.3 series has gotten a mid life facelift and the new 3 will be here hopefully next year
2. If you can wait for a year or two you the new E class and 5series will be launched and you could probably decide between them.
3. Also hopefully by march next year C class might offer electronic seats and side mirrors as kit.
4. Also consider volvo for sheer V8 motor and safety.
Dont rush.If you have the cash buy at the best moment possible and dont be fooled by these Luxury companies with underspec offerings.Right now 3series offers the most for the price you pay.
Test drive them all and then decide.
Cheers and happy shopping
Old 10th October 2008, 23:08   #32
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post

3. Also hopefully by march next year C class might offer electronic seats and side mirrors as kit.
C class already offers all the features it was missing from its competitors in its Avantgarde range which was recently launched. As usual MB did not make a big deal about it like the C230 Avantgarde which was launched a couple of months ago. I know this because i booked a C220 CDI Avantgarde and am expecting delivery in a week or so.

Thanks,

Avi.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:35   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post

A friend of mine is keen to sell High absolutely Clean looking C 220 Petrol One year old 12K on ODO. He is asking for 22L? For a good price quote, check out New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com . That should hopefully help you. What is the reason for sale? I think that since the new one is out his resale should be lower. And lastly, do you mean C200K because I never heard of a C220 Petrol.

And lastly I really need to know
Whats the maintanance cost of these High end cars Yearly? 30-50K for a service. Parts are super expensive.
Will there be any difference in maintaining A C and A E? Yes. GTO's services for his C Class cost him around 30-35K and we pay 40-50K for our E class services. Check it out. Parts of the E are super expensive also.
Which is more fun to drive and Easy on pocket maintainance wise. Petrol or Diesel? There won't be much difference in maintaining them if you follow the schedule. The Diesels are a lot more fun to drive.

I will reply to more replies later right now in really Hurry. Vya friends...love you all..
Look at my replies in Bold.
Here's a suggestion, why not get a C, save the extra money for maintainance and once you have a better idea of the features and maintainance, get the new E class a few years down the line or when you feel the need for a bigger car.

Here's a thread you could refer to:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ss-220cdi.html

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th October 2008 at 00:37.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:16   #34
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My budget anything Under 55L, I am seriously Considering buying E or BMW 5 series.
The 525d is my recommendation. Its simply fantastic. Obviously the 530d would be a touch better but for all practical purpose the 525d is faultless. You can use the extra cash to holiday in Europe . Infact see if you can take delivery in Europe, drive around and return the car to the factory as they will ship it to India. Most car factories have this, its called tourist and diplomat sales.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:47   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The 525d is my recommendation. Its simply fantastic. Obviously the 530d would be a touch better but for all practical purpose the 525d is faultless. You can use the extra cash to holiday in Europe . Infact see if you can take delivery in Europe, drive around and return the car to the factory as they will ship it to India. Most car factories have this, its called tourist and diplomat sales.
there is only a 520d and a 530d now. the 525d has been stopped.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:50   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Merc C230
Please avoid. There is nothing sporty about the C230. It is just a pointless expensive variant.

Quote:
C63 AMG(If available)
Close to a crore on the pricetag.

Quote:
, C220 CDI.
Segment leader. Do I recollect you mentioning backseat comfort? If so, don't even look at the 320D.

Quote:
A friend of mine is keen to sell High absolutely Clean looking C 220 Petrol One year old 12K on ODO. He is asking for 22L?
Avoidable.

Quote:
Whats the maintanance cost of these High end cars Yearly?
I have spent about a lac on my C220 in 3.xx years / 50,000 kms on 4 services. A tyre change cost about 36,000 (4 tyres) and the brake pad change was another 22,000.

Quote:
Will there be any difference in maintaining A C and A E?
Factor in a premium of 25 - 30%.

Quote:
Which is more fun to drive and Easy on pocket maintainance wise. Petrol or Diesel?
Go for the diesel. As mentioned previously, they are infinitely more durable. And will fetch far superior resale.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:15   #37
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
there is only a 520d and a 530d now. the 525d has been stopped.
Thanks, in which case 530d is the car to go for.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Go for the 530d. Apart from the superior styling, you'll get unmatched state of the art german technology and BMW's are known well for their reliability and after sale value.
Old 14th October 2008, 15:27   #39
BHPian

Hi friends, i test Drove C 220CDI and 3 series 320d. BMW was very nice, I was in love with the car the minute i saw the way it starts. All the time I was like WOW here wow there. Many wows, Lot of features on the huge centre console, buttons here and there though i didnt got much time to explore it but loved the automatic transmission. I found the steering a bit hard In comparison with merc. But loved the beige colour scheme. If i hadnt sat on merc I would have been happy with BMW's back seat. While driving BMW the steering felt as if it was Gripped to the road, (Something I would like for highway trips but not for everday City driving), Driving BMW was amazing. It accelerates like anything turns like anything. I cant describe it in words. I was in love with the car. I had Inside almost decided to buy it.

Then I got chance to Drive a C220 CDI elegance. I really liked the metal on the key, This is my friend's Car so got much more time to fiddle with electronics. I found Black interior way better than BMW's beige. The minute i started Driving Merc, I was again WOWed, But this time I didnt feel as if the car is gripping the road that hard, Driving it in normal way was pleasure, The steering was lighter then BMW's and found car more smooth and laid back. All I could feel was yes this is me I loved the car. Then i got chance to sit at the back then it was final, this is what am going to buy its fabricated for my use.

Though I loved BMW's driving capabilities, but its not what i would love to drive everyday, I need a light steering. And there's nothing better then seeing a star on the bonnet when you drive luxuriously

I think I have decided to go for C220CDI Elegance. Am waiting for my Dad to return from his trip to Goa then we'll go and Finalise it. I didnt considered Audi and any other as i didnt like their looks much.
I also dropped idea of buying 5 series at this moment(Reason being I cant resist my tempation for Merc and dont want an E).I havent test driven 5 series or E class till now.
Till my dad comes am open to any suggestion. Love you all
Old 14th October 2008, 16:08   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I see where you are coming from, the 3 pointer star has a different charisma for a first time luxury car buyer, so go indulge ! I too personally do prefer the C over the 3. Now that you have a good amount of saving by downsizing a segment, go in for a full AMG kit and wheels to make the car even more special!
But i do suggest you test drive the 520d+530d highline before you finalize, just to get the biggest WOW out of you

Last edited by Sahil : 14th October 2008 at 16:09.
Old 14th October 2008, 16:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Good so you have decided on the Merc. But do take a drive of 5 series and if you can manage also just test drive the 7 series (i know its not in the list but you will get to know how it feels to drive a plane)
Old 14th October 2008, 17:55   #42
BHPian

No actually I intentionally dont want a TD for 5 series as it will be my second car down the line 4 - 5 years want to save the fun till then. I dont know about the AMG kit as I have alreay booked New Honda City AT for my dad. Will get AMG kit sometime later in future. What all does it include waise? I have decided to go for Bluetooth cradle with My merc.
Can anyone tell me City Average of 220CDI?
I am confused between Elegance and avantgarde?
Old 14th October 2008, 18:51   #43
BHPian

I want to Thank all the member whose precious replies to my Post have made me know about ins and outs about cars,

Thanks @ Following

GTO/ GTO TOURING, (Are you both same or diff?)
Thanks so much, I guess you know quite a lot about cars. Too bad you are in bombay otherwise would have taken you along for finalising the purchase. Followed by a Lavish Dinner ofcourse.

Navpreet,
Dude its youe advice that's on my top list. You words were there in my mind when i was tding. Thanks so much

Abhinav,
Thanks abhinav you are right Merc is for comfort seeker and am one.

Turbo 1787
danlanan

absynthguzzler,
See am going for C now. By the way what does this name mean? Absynthguzzler?

Speedy,
We both are in the same boat merc lovers

Taciturn

Sahil,
I have a feeling you love 5 series like anything? Thanks so much for helping me decide.

NikhilB2008,
You are right Bro.

ashthedivx
Ricky,
Well you have actually pointed out a reason why I am buying merc, I need to be with people who have Grey hair most of the time, So have to look mature. I dont look 23 at all, My staff thinks am 30. So just justifying my fictional age.

mjothi,
Ofcourse first thing when i Get the car Post pictures here.

kkr2k2,
Yeah bro want a sedan only, Which are atleast common. Dont want to go so overboard that i regret later.

The ENd,
Will be that adventurous once have saved a lot for my Old age. Till than am satisfied with Saloon, Thanks for your advice.

Carlover98,
Well this Financial crisis will go with the same speed that it came, Just wait and watch till next financial year start. I would suggest you investing now.

Sridhga,
Well the title is to Intruge people into entering and posting. Well will PM you all the names if you want. Its just that I do it everyday. I sell and purchase websites for living.

Greenhorn,
Yeah You are right bro.

Lamborghini,
Whose paint is peeling off your MERC or BMW?

Moephin,
Cant wait that long Bro, Will get all the good stuff for C fitted in it with time.

Kool avi
Congratulation Bro, Even am thinking of booking the same, Tell me. Please do tell me why did you made this decision?

DKG
Well going for a lower segment anyway thanks for your advice,

9thsphin
Harry

Thankyou all.

And lastly on insistance from a friend am also going to TD Audi A4 TDI
Old 14th October 2008, 20:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy,
I like both cars but what i thought was the Mercedes is more suited with city driving,comfort and the simplicity of technology. Practically over the C class is the 520d BMW.

Congratulations On you purchase and an excellent choice. I would not suggest going for the AMG kit at this point as i feel you need to get used to the car first and at a later point you could get it done if you feel the need to. My recomendation if you want the car to look sporty is to opt for the sports grill.
I think the 220cdi elegance comes with the Bluetooth Kit and you do not need to get an additional bluetooth cradle for your car.
Yes at a later stage you could upgrade to a bigger car, take one step at a time. Enjoy your new ride and drive safe.cheers:
Old 14th October 2008, 21:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to Thank all the member whose precious replies to my Post have made me know about ins and outs about cars,

Thanks @ Following

GTO/ GTO TOURING, (Are you both same or diff?)
Thanks so much, I guess you know quite a lot about cars. Too bad you are in bombay otherwise would have taken you along for finalising the purchase. Followed by a Lavish Dinner ofcourse.

Navpreet,
Dude its youe advice that's on my top list. You words were there in my mind when i was tding. Thanks so much

Abhinav,
Thanks abhinav you are right Merc is for comfort seeker and am one.

Turbo 1787
danlanan

absynthguzzler,
See am going for C now. By the way what does this name mean? Absynthguzzler?

Speedy,

Taciturn

Sahil,
I have a feeling you love 5 series like anything? Thanks so much for helping me decide.

NikhilB2008,
You are right Bro.

ashthedivx
Ricky,
Well you have actually pointed out a reason why I am buying merc, I need to be with people who have Grey hair most of the time, So have to look mature. I dont look 23 at all, My staff thinks am 30. So just justifying my fictional age.

mjothi,
Ofcourse first thing when i Get the car Post pictures here.

kkr2k2,
Yeah bro want a sedan only, Which are atleast common. Dont want to go so overboard that i regret later.

The ENd,
Will be that adventurous once have saved a lot for my Old age. Till than am satisfied with Saloon, Thanks for your advice.

Carlover98,
Well this Financial crisis will go with the same speed that it came, Just wait and watch till next financial year start. I would suggest you investing now.

Sridhga,
Well the title is to Intruge people into entering and posting. Well will PM you all the names if you want. Its just that I do it everyday. I sell and purchase websites for living.

Greenhorn,
Yeah You are right bro.

Lamborghini,
Whose paint is peeling off your MERC or BMW?

Moephin,
Cant wait that long Bro, Will get all the good stuff for C fitted in it with time.

Kool avi
Congratulation Bro, Even am thinking of booking the same, Tell me. Please do tell me why did you made this decision?

DKG
Well going for a lower segment anyway thanks for your advice,

9thsphin
Harry

Thankyou all.

And lastly on insistance from a friend am also going to TD Audi A4 TDI
You do not need to thank everyone buddy as this forum is designed to help each other only.
I liked your thoughts. Keep it up.
Personally i like Merc more than BMW so if you gonna buy the Merc am gonna be more glad for you!

Last edited by harry10 : 14th October 2008 at 21:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks