Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 09:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Cool that you finalised on your car. Sure you are going to enjoy the comfort of a merc and the image of the pointed star and yeah! when you intend to drive it, you can feel the torque of a modern diesel. If they launch an upgraded 'C', you can achieve that with a pete's box

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
I want to Thank all the member whose precious replies to my Post have made me know about ins and outs about cars,

Thanks @ Following
WOW! thats an off beat way of replying/thanking!!!

Quote:
absynthguzzler,
By the way what does this name mean? Absynthguzzler?
one who guzzled down absynth(search for absynth)
Old 15th October 2008, 14:58   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am now certain that your people skills are one of the reasons behind your success! Congratulations on a great choice...the C220 is the current segment leader. I hope you opted for the fab 6 speed manual (if you like to drive)!

I'll take you up on that dinner off anytime that I visit Delhi. Do post an ownership report once you get the car.

P.S. Just read that you are going to test the A4. It is the 3.2 you GOT to drive, not the FWD diesel.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2008 at 11:52.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
one who guzzled down absynth(search for absynth)

The proper word is Absinthe , but used the y to avoid misappropriation.

Do not drive under the influence of alcohol.In the case of Absinthe, do not even consume more than 60ml in an evening.

If your choice pens down on the papers of a C220, I'd say kudos to keeping a level head.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:24   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't Absinthe banned in many places due to its high alcohol content?
Anyways,
congrats on the car. the mercedes C220 CDi, is one of the best in the market right now (along with Audi) as it is newer than its competition (barring the Audi).
I was referring to the Mercedes paint peeling off.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Isn't Absinthe banned in many places due to its high alcohol content?
Anyways,
congrats on the car. the mercedes C220 CDi, is one of the best in the market right now (along with Audi) as it is newer than its competition (barring the Audi).
OT :
Quote from Wikipedia :

"By 1915, absinthe had been banned in the United States and in most European countries except the United Kingdom, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Although absinthe was vilified, no evidence has shown it to be any more dangerous than ordinary liquor. Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, had been much exaggerated.[3] A revival of absinthe began in the 1990s, when countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale. As of February 2008, nearly 200 brands of absinthe were being produced in a dozen countries, most notably in France, Switzerland, Spain, and the Czech Republic.[4]"

Wohoooo , i was in UK when i experienced white rabbits chasing me !.Sebor Absinthe is the one to go for.
Warning Once again -Do Not Drive Under The Influence of Alcohol
- Absinthe is an alcoholic product

back to the discussion :

I didn't know that Paint could peel off on a new car , leave alone a Merc ! Jeez , there's a 124 in the office and that thing looks pristine even today in OEM condition, am i living in the false realms of Merc quality ?

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th October 2008 at 09:36.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please elaborate on this my friend. I have never come across this in all my Mercedes or even on my friends and reletives cars. My friends 1981/82 200 (123) which is in original paint looks brand new. The quality control is very High at Mercedes for the new car paint to peel, unless the car has been repainted elsewhere and the job is not done well.

I did also confirm with my friend at Mercedes and the bluetooth kit is standard for all models and variants of the C class so you do no have to opt for it seperately. The sports grill costs Rs 27,000 in Bombay.

Last edited by speedy : 16th October 2008 at 13:46.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Glad to be of help buddy.Hope to be in your position soon by gods grace.
Great decision on the C220CDI.great car.Very Very comfortable.And a damn good looker as well.
Also this model would not change for the next 4-5 years so you can always say that you have the new C class.
Great simply great.
Now buy it soon.And post up the pics and review in the New car section.

And most of all.Be proud of yourself when you drive your new car.I hardly know anyone achieving the feat that you have done at this age.Wow.
Old 16th October 2008, 20:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am now certain that your people skills are one of the reasons behind your success! Congratulations on a great choice...the C220 is the current segment leader. I hope you opted for the fab 6 speed manual (if you like to drive)!

I'll take you up on that dinner off anytime that I visit Delhi. Do post an ownership report once you get the car.

P.S. Just read that you are going to test the A4. It is the 3.2 you GOT to drive, not the FWD diesel.
I went to the showroom yesterday and the C220 Avante Garde was also there with the 7 speed auto gearbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
I want to Thank all the member whose precious replies to my Post have made me know about ins and outs about cars,

Thanks @ Following

Abhinav,
Thanks abhinav you are right Merc is for comfort seeker and am one.
Not an issue dude

Which gearbox have you chosen?

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 16th October 2008 at 20:07.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:19   #54
BHPian

Hi Congratulations on your succes and new car, Hope we'll also get a TD sometime in future....By the way. I was there at pitampura on sunday just a day before you posted your review, a crazy guy was TDing A BMW. And later saw him drive a merc crazily with full accelerator on the same strech, The one near Apeejay school..Once I thought about you, that you would also drive both the car very soon..

Best of luck..Waiting for PICS...
Old 17th October 2008, 00:46   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

@speedy and absynth:
I was not referring to the exterior paint but rather the stowage cabinet button's paint peeling off.
I have not seen this happen in our other cars so it is a bit of a disappointment given that it is a well maintained mercedes.
Here's a picture with the part in question circled. Sorry I do not have the exact picture with me.
From Rags to Richies: Which Top segment car to buy? EDIT: Bought Merc C class-i123.jpg
Old 17th October 2008, 01:24   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest a E280 CDI or a 530d,even A4 3.2 would be a good pick.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:43   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I would suggest a E280 CDI or a 530d,even A4 3.2 would be a good pick.
Haven't really followed the thread, have we?
Old 17th October 2008, 13:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@speedy and absynth:
I was not referring to the exterior paint but rather the stowage cabinet button's paint peeling off.
I have not seen this happen in our other cars so it is a bit of a disappointment given that it is a well maintained mercedes.
Here's a picture with the part in question circled. Sorry I do not have the exact picture with me.

Thank you for clearing the issue. I have not faced this on all three of the E 280's, which are a year old now. Even my friends E270 CDI which should be around three years old does not have this issue. So i guess it would be a one off case. Have you spoken to the Mercedes guys about this.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:58   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@speedy and absynth:
Attachment 60897
I don't think thats paint on the dash board, poor quality of plastic is the culprit!
You should try and take this up with the dealership,since it is a defect.
Old 19th October 2008, 04:12   #60

Who buys?

You have a few listed, thought you might like to see just who normally buys them. I was about 23 when I bought my first Porsche. Now I just buy the company, (Poahf)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
are you sure, you want a sedan??
2. Porsche Boxter
3. Porsche Cayman

1. A Psychographic Profile of the Porsche Buyer

The report categorized owners into five personality types as follows:

Top Guns represent 27 percent of owners. These individuals are driven and ambitious. Of primary importance to them
are the matters of power and control as well as a strong desire to be noticed.

Elitists represent 24 percent of owners. These individuals are old-money blue bloods. To them, a car is just a car, no
matter how expensive it happens to be. They do not feel that the car is an extension of the owner’s personality.

Proud Patrons represent 23 percent of owners. To this group, ownership is an end in itself. Their car is a trophy earned for hard work.

Bon Vivants represent 17 percent of owners. These individuals are worldly jet-setters and thrill seekers. To them, the car is a means of heightening the excitement in their busy lives.

Fantasists represent 9 percent of owners. To these individuals, their car is an escape. Feeling a little guilty about having a Porsche, they avoid impressing others with the fact that they own one.

Analysis of high-end luxury sedan market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks