Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 19:18   #61
BHPian

Diki24 go for it bro.Don't think you will regret it. Just ask the showroom guys if they can fix xenon's on your car or not.
Also try to get a car that has a 5year BSI.
Regarding a toon who had electrical failure was probably because he got it done form people who did not know how to deal with sophisticated electrical system's like BMW and probably cause a chain reaction of problems. I was the one who got put off from buying a BMW a year back because of that but since no other problems like it have arisen I am content to say that it was his fault.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:59   #62
BHPian

Guys, I am getting a good offer for a new 320i. Is it worth going for ? The discount is significant. if say the difference between OTR prices of 320d and 320i is more than 7L. is it a good deal? I havent driven 320i as there are no TD vehicles for that. I know it 320D is better than 320i. but is the difference big enough to justify the price difference of 7L. this 320i is a newer batch and has Sunroof and Xenons as standard and is also 18 BHP (now 158 BHP) more than last years version.

Guys please help. Morphin, Sahil, ecclipse, GTO, all others please help. Have to finalize it in 24 Hours.
Old 27th November 2008, 19:55   #63
BHPian

Diki bro go for it. A 7lakhs difference is huge.
It's still going to be a good enough car to drive and remember we are not buying a sports car. We are getting sedans that have good road presence, snob value, decent performance etc.
You are getting everything as standard and remember we are on a budget so go for it.It's a good buy.
Attaching here a picture of the 2009 3 series interiors.
The only change I see are the gear lever like the 5 now and paddle shifts.
Also I don't like the exterior of the new 3, it feels out of place like they shoved those LED's in the car's buttocks hehe.
Buy the car, enjoy it and dont look back for another few year.
Enjoy m8 cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Budget of 30 Lakhs: should i wait till Jan? EDIT : Bought BMW 320i-2009-3-series-interiors.jpg  

Old 27th November 2008, 20:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

I would say its a pretty good buy at a discount of 7 lakh. But do check the vehicle thouroughly before buying it.
Also after reading many BMW threads, I would suggest you to take the maintenance package also.
Peace of mind.

Waiting for your decision
Cheers.
Old 27th November 2008, 23:02   #65
BHPian

Morphin, thanks Bro, you are an eternal motivator, :-). Yeah even i am not too fascinated with facelifted looks of 3 series. I find the new exteriors a bit feminine, anyways thats my way of looking, ;-).

Abhinav thanks but the discount is not 7L, what i meant was the difference in OTR cost of 320D and 320i, OTR, which is 7L. In anycase the current deal looks pretty decent VFM with overall discount. and yes i am in dillemma about that service package. my driving is not going to exceed 10K Kms/ year. is it still worth going for it? 5 yr/60K kms Service package costs around 1.55L without Accidental repir and around 1.98L with Accidental Repair included. any suggetsions on this???

Guys, Please send me any ponts on 320i before tomorrow, else i am going with the deal.
Old 28th November 2008, 00:09   #66
BHPian

Don't worry Diki about the 320i. It's a good car just buy it
Regarding the BSI plan make sure you get the BSI ultimate. It is totally worth it in my opinion.
Also see if you can get the BMW secure insurance. Ask the dealer and he will explain the cost/benefit of it.
Looking forward to you posting a Bought thread, pictures of your new ride and initial ownership review.
Cheers and congratulations.
Old 28th November 2008, 11:54   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Diki24: Go for the 320i, if you are saving 7 lakhs over the 320d.
Seems you have been misinformed about the BSI plan, there is no accidental cover, that is for insurance to cover. BSI is a maintenance plan that covers all consumables and labour costs so basically you have a stress-free experience with your BMW. All you pay for is for fuel and tire changes on the most part. There is no reason why accidental repairs would be included in this, if someone smashes his car every weekend why would BMW pay for the repairs?
Old 4th December 2008, 12:18   #68
BHPian

Sorry for sprinkling some more confusion. But i read somewhere in the blog, that life keeps throwing at you, better offers when you are on the verge of finalizing your current deal. Thats what is happening with me and i need help.

Question is what would you prefer between these 2 offers.

Used 320D (only 3000 Kms done, But old version without softer suspension, xenons and sunroof. also 15 BHP lesser than current) costing 26L (OTR). Registration date is July 2007.

Vs

New 320i (with Xenons, sunroof and softer suspension) costing 29L OTR

I intend keeping this vehicle for atleast 4 years

Your suggestions please.....
Old 4th December 2008, 13:22   #69
BHPian

Go for the new 320i (or) try and push your BMW dealer for a good deal on a new 320d. ( 1 lac more for the regular 320d over the 320i )
Old 4th December 2008, 15:38   #70
BHPian

New 320i.
Why would you want a car without xenons, sunroof etc?
The dealer is just trying to make a fool out of you.Go for the 320i
Old 4th December 2008, 16:04   #71
BHPian

I think you have not almost decided on the Beamer. All the best. Have to tried Nissan Teana. I think it is a huge car, Lot of space and goodies. Just have a look
Old 4th December 2008, 17:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
I think you have not almost decided on the Beamer. All the best. Have to tried Nissan Teana. I think it is a huge car, Lot of space and goodies. Just have a look
Very true.
You can wait till march when they announce the brand new Teana for India.
It is a very awesome car.Filled with goodies/tech
Also Nissan being a Jap company does have a good rep for making good products.
Cheers
Old 4th December 2008, 17:47   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on guys, the Teana! It hasn't ever been a contender this segment, its plain boring IMO. Unless ofcourse, you want to sit back and relax in the backseat.
For a guy zeroing in on a beamer he obviously wants some spunk and the teana is on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:46   #74
BHPian

Yeah i Agree with Sahil. Teana ?? I find it awkward looking. And to top it all, Leela has an entire fleet of Teanas. I see them at airports and at the hotels and around.
Even the New Teana, i dont find it too good looking but then 'to each his own'. If it had to be a Chauffer driven vehicle, i would rather go for New Superb and get some cool features found in Bentleys and S-classes :-).

Sahil, do you have any opinion on my question ?? Used 320D or new 320i ??
Old 5th December 2008, 01:22   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post

Sahil, do you have any opinion on my question ?? Used 320D or new 320i ??
I believe your monthly running is 500kms, in that case i'd say take the 320i. It has enough power for the city and even highway to an extent. Especially after an ikon, you wouldn't be complaining at all.

A new car has its own charm,not to forget the resale benefits. All the extra goodies would make the 320i more worthwhile too. Make sure you sell the run flats back to the dealer before delivery to get a good price and avoid yourself complaining of the harsh ride later.

Most Viewed