Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

CONRATS buddy!!!!

Is it black color? or some dark shares? Can i request a pics taken on a bright sunlight day
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:27   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post

Maybe some people who own 320D or 520D here can answer that better.
Sahil has had the 520D since a while now, you should check with him on this. But if there was anything like that, he would have mentioned it somewhere on the forum by now.

manson.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:48   #93
BHPian

Well , can you let me know what made you chose the 3 series over the A4?
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:52   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
congrats diki...i'm sure its been quite a journey for you till you finalized on the beemer!
and i'm sure t-bhp has a major role to play in your decision
Hell yeah, it was a super ride reaching this point. right from setting finances and getting the best deal. I think it would be underplaying Team-Bhp's role in this, if i say it just helped me in my decision. I think the help was far more and in many different ways to put it at the least.
Thanks Team-BHP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Congrats Bro.

For the benefit of all of us, can we have a list of all the goodies (discounts/freebees etc) that the dealer offered considering this to be year end purchase.

We still have 10 days to go, may be some fellow bhpian(s) can use this info for good!
I didnt go for any accessory or freebies. I asked for the cash discounts. Total discount on Ex-showroom was around 4L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
CONRATS buddy!!!!

Is it black color? or some dark shares? Can i request a pics taken on a bright sunlight day
the color is Graphite, ie Metalic grey. It probably two tones lighter than Black. Yes i will take some better pics and post them soon
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:22   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Sahil has had the 520D since a while now, you should check with him on this. But if there was anything like that, he would have mentioned it somewhere on the forum by now.

manson.
I have the 525d,very different from the 520d. its a 6cyl engines while 520d is 4cyl.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Well , can you let me know what made you chose the 3 series over the A4?
I think new A4 is better in many ways than 320, but the OTR price difference between A4 Diesel (since there is no petrol) and 320i was more than 8L here in Bangalore. I just dont think that price difference is justifiable, ie A4 is better but not that much to command 8L more than 320i. Besides Quattro to me is in different league so no point in comparing.

Apart from the above, other factors were service network, Brand recognition (atleast amongst my circle of friends, BMW and Merc have a far higher preceptional value than Audi).
Besides i think that New Merc and BMW 3 series are just about right size for this segment. Audi is far longer than these two, so thats a downer for me.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:55   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have the 525d,very different from the 520d. its a 6cyl engines while 520d is 4cyl.
Oops, but what about the fuel issue that the guy from Aligarh has been told about. Anything remotely close to that?

manson.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude.
Looks great.
By the way, does the 320i come without the idrive.
I dont find it above the centre console.
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:37   #99
BHPian

yes abhi 320i comes minus the idrive. AFAIK idrive comes standard with 325i, 320d, 320d highline and so on...
but if you ask me idrive could be distracting at times, in case of 320i its only the man and his machine
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:45   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
yes abhi 320i comes minus the idrive. AFAIK idrive comes standard with 325i, 320d, 320d highline and so on...
but if you ask me idrive could be distracting at times, in case of 320i its only the man and his machine
It doesn't come in the 320d as well. Only the 320d highline has the idrive.

So without the i-drive where does one see all the on board parameter? Are they there on the display between the 2 dials?
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:57   #101
BHPian

thanks vid6639 i stand corrected!
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It doesn't come in the 320d as well. Only the 320d highline has the idrive.

So without the i-drive where does one see all the on board parameter? Are they there on the display between the 2 dials?
Yes Vid, purely from the functionality point, 320i has everything that highline has. What appears in colors and in a larger screen in highline and above, appears in monochrome in the tiny screen between the dials and also most of the same functions are viewable on the Audio screen on the central console.

Highline has a visual Parking assist, whereas the 320i has audio based. At first i though how reliable can the audio feedback be, but now i feel quite comfortable. though sure the video would still be a bit better i suppose.

Having said this, Offcourse the iDrive has its own charm and gives the car a upper class feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Oops, but what about the fuel issue that the guy from Aligarh has been told about. Anything remotely close to that?

manson.
Manson, I checked with my cousin who has 520d and he deals with used cars (so i assume he knows a good deal about cars). He has never heard anything of this sort. Also he stays away from the city (Mumbai) where one might doubt the fuel quality. So i doubt if there is any substance to the claims.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st January 2009 at 00:53. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTi-QUOTE to respond to multiple posts.
Old 28th December 2008, 17:50   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
I think new A4 is better in many ways than 320, but the OTR price difference between A4 Diesel (since there is no petrol) and 320i was more than 8L here in Bangalore. I just dont think that price difference is justifiable, ie A4 is better but not that much to command 8L more than 320i. Besides Quattro to me is in different league so no point in comparing.

Apart from the above, other factors were service network, Brand recognition (atleast amongst my circle of friends, BMW and Merc have a far higher preceptional value than Audi).
Besides i think that New Merc and BMW 3 series are just about right size for this segment. Audi is far longer than these two, so thats a downer for me.

Hi

Just for the record, the Audi A4 comes with a stonker of an engine in Petrol too !! The 2.0 TFSi, it is a 200 Bhp engine launched recently.

The 3.2 never really took off as the price was way to much for the segment, though the car is one hell of a car to drive.

@ diki
Congrats on your new car !! It is a great car. Though I personally prefer the new gen diesels.
I have the A4 diesel & can vouch for the cars, performance, features, ride etc etc

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th December 2008 at 17:57.
Old 28th December 2008, 19:40   #104
BHPian

Congrats Diki24, A truely superb choice. Enjoy it and post some more Pics of the beauty soon.
Old 28th December 2008, 20:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

congrats diki , how much was the OTR finally ?

Do post daylight pics . .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks