Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 13:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

I checked after my last post. All cars sold out in Mumbai at least. No more highly discounted cars (lesser discount available) available.
Old 31st December 2008, 14:04   #62
BHPian

eh... Whats the difference between a "highly discounted" and a "less discounted" car?
Old 31st December 2008, 15:00   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
eh... Whats the difference between a "highly discounted" and a "less discounted" car?
I think what he meant is, all E Classes with 7 - 8 lakh discounts are gone. Cars are still available, albeit at a lower discount rate.
Old 31st December 2008, 16:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
How much is the E -Class in Chennai. I am in the market now with a budget of about 32-33 lakhs. Drove the 320d and was not all that impressed(maybe because I saw the M3).
Got a 320d at a very good price from BMW Chennai.

They have 1 Black 320d with Reddish interiors. ( 2008 model ), can be got at a good price, PM me if interested.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Would have reduced quite a bit after that due to excise duty cut. Anyone knows how much are the bimmers and the A4 are onroad?

What model of A4 do you "seriously" want. I can get you a decent deal if you are really interested.

Cheers
Old 9th January 2009, 09:47   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There is nothing called "stripped down" version - this is MB not Hyundai or Maruti
Some years back, I bought a white W210 E220CDI manual with fabric interiors and it was substantially cheaper than the same car with automatic gearbox and leather interiors which my friend bought. I don't remember the exact figures. I'll have to search my old records to tell exactly what the price difference was. At the time of selling, he got just Rs. 20,000 or so more for his car which had almost the same mileage as mine.

Even the C class nowadays comes in three trim levels, and by "stripped down" should it be understood "base model"/ "Classic"?

And, when the W210 E class was discontinued, Mercedes actually launched a "special edition" loaded with different alloys, wooden steering wheel, sunroof, etc. I bought one second- hand. So IMHO, Mercedes might launch not a "stripped out" final version, but a "speced up" one.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:19   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeldo, times have evolved. Back then stripped down versions were plenty but not any offered now. Hence getting a more loaded E is def not going to happen, it's already loaded to the brim thanks to the BMW effect they have now added xenons, parktronic,etc
Old 9th January 2009, 21:47   #68
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Some years back, I bought a white W210 E220CDI manual with fabric interiors and it was substantially cheaper than the same car with automatic gearbox and leather interiors which my friend bought. I don't remember the exact figures. I'll have to search my old records to tell exactly what the price difference was. At the time of selling, he got just Rs. 20,000 or so more for his car which had almost the same mileage as mine.

Even the C class nowadays comes in three trim levels, and by "stripped down" should it be understood "base model"/ "Classic"?

And, when the W210 E class was discontinued, Mercedes actually launched a "special edition" loaded with different alloys, wooden steering wheel, sunroof, etc. I bought one second- hand. So IMHO, Mercedes might launch not a "stripped out" final version, but a "speced up" one.
That "special edition" is the Avantgarde version they launched in the C class besides the Classic and Elegance. It is way more decked up than the others and it actually does feel like you're driving a luxury car with all the added features. They only have the C 220 CDI and the C 230 V6 petrol in this trim. No wooden steering wheel though.

I picked up the diesel in November and I love it. It does feel different than the other "basic" C's out there.
Old 9th January 2009, 22:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolavi88 View Post
That "special edition" is the Avantgarde version they launched in the C class besides the Classic and Elegance.
No sir, I was specifically referring to the past generation E Class- W210. It had a loaded Special Edition in the E220CDI guise. Some dealerships had some examples of it, even as the W211 was initially launched only in the petrol guise, if I'm remembering correctly. The W211 E220CDI followed some months later. And W210 the Special Edition had alloys of different design, a sunroof and wooden steering wheel. I bought one from Tamil Nadu as the waiting period for the W211 E220CDI was painfully long.

BTW, congratulations on your purchase of the C220CDI Avantgarde. Appreciate your taste, may we know what color is your car?
Old 10th January 2009, 17:37   #70
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
No sir, I was specifically referring to the past generation E Class- W210. It had a loaded Special Edition in the E220CDI guise. Some dealerships had some examples of it, even as the W211 was initially launched only in the petrol guise, if I'm remembering correctly. The W211 E220CDI followed some months later. And W210 the Special Edition had alloys of different design, a sunroof and wooden steering wheel. I bought one from Tamil Nadu as the waiting period for the W211 E220CDI was painfully long.

BTW, congratulations on your purchase of the C220CDI Avantgarde. Appreciate your taste, may we know what color is your car?

Oops! My bad! Well thank you! The color is tenorite grey with grey interiors. They have different combinations and also different type of leather offered on the Avantgarde.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:10   #71
BHPian

Help!!! Is this the best deal I can get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I checked after my last post. All cars sold out in Mumbai at least. No more highly discounted cars (lesser discount available) available.
Help/Advice sorely needed gentlemen....

My colleague is planning to buy a E 280 CDI.This is the best discount we could get today at Auto Hangar. (After the E 280 CDI experience, all other Es paled in comparison!)

2008 Manufactured E 280 CDI Elegance

(All Figs in Rs/-)
Ex Showroom: 4260897
Loan Amount: 3620000
Difference: 640897

1st EMI: 82040 (Approx EMI @ 11.5% )
Insurance: 155276
Stamp Duty: 9120
Total Down Payment: 1210596

Freebies on the above Down Payment:

Discount on Down Payment: 300000
Zero Depreciation Costing: 67321
Extended Warranty for 3rd Year: 42000

Total Discount: 409321

Now, a Total Discount of at least 610596 is desired so that down payment would be 6 lacs sharp.

The Autohangar salesman is totally refusing to give in. Is this the best possible deal? I tempted my friend saying there's 7-8 lacs off and am feeling pretty guilty about it :(

Incidentally, was shocked to see the rear leg room with the front seats 3/4th back...My friend, who's 6 foot 2 brushed his knees! the Meru Logan we came in was a tad better!

HELP
Old 12th January 2009, 23:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Check with other dealerships around Mumbai area.
Also while calculating the discount, dont involve any financing. there are different ways to tweak and manipulate the discount. Just ask them the final on road outright price with your selected options and registration details. Once you have the price, look for the lowest price and then discuss the financing.

Why not the 520D ? If your friend can live with a little less power comparatively.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Also while calculating the discount, dont involve any financing. there are different ways to tweak and manipulate the discount. Just ask them the final on road outright price with your selected options and registration details. Once you have the price, look for the lowest price and then discuss the financing.

Why not the 520D ? If your friend can live with a little less power comparatively.
Thanks Dipen, there's only 1 other dealer Sanghi Motors. Will check with them too.

AFAIK, financing is between- 11.25% to 11.5% interest rates.The dealer is willing to accept any bank if one can negotiate a better rate.The discount game is only on the initial down payment.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:02   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

Even tho the 520d is lesser powered, it delivers performance almost at par with the E280CDi. The 0 to 100 on both are near identical figures. Your friends legs will be more at peace in the 5 too.
The 520d would fetch a better resale later as the E is being phased out sooner.
Do check with Inifinty & Navnit motors if they have 2008 cars available for a discounted price. Even if there is no discount the 520d would be cheaper than the discount E280.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Even tho the 520d is lesser powered, it delivers performance almost at par with the E280CDi. The 0 to 100 on both are near identical figures. Your friends legs will be more at peace in the 5 too.
The 520d would fetch a better resale later as the E is being phased out sooner.
Do check with Inifinty & Navnit motors if they have 2008 cars available for a discounted price. Even if there is no discount the 520d would be cheaper than the discount E280.
Thanks for the help Sahil! TDed the 530d Highline y'day and was blown away.

Major Plus: the rear leg space is substantially better than the E Class. the seat wasn't as supportive though. Also, definitely faster than the E280D.

Major Minus: Ride Quality, while quite ok for me, wont go down well with my colleague's parents.

Will close the deal if discounts add up to 3 lacs and the dealer takes back the run flats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks