Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 19:37   #61
BHPian

If you can post the exact options list I can compute how much it would normally cost ex-showroom with those options. There is a standard spreadsheet almost all VW dealers use to price it since Touareg is currently sold as Dealer import and not as an official CBU from VW (I read somewhere that there are plans to do so by VW later in this year). Then you'd pay directly in Rupees to buy the car instead of wiring the USD to VW/Germany and paying the balance amount (duties/dealer margin etc locally)

Then you can take a call if you think all the options are really worth the greenbacks and whether they fit your purpose more or less. I guess it depends on whether you're ok with the resale and how passionate you are about this vehicle. If waiting time is an issue you can explore some other options (e.g. Q7 if you like it !!) since usually dealers have a preordered stock with them due to good demand.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:33   #62
BHPian

dont worry mate,you'll surely be satisfied with your Q7, i have the same features as yours but it has a rear view camera S-line package and lighting package.and mY Q7 is cobalt blue in colour.my friend has a lava grey car but i didnt like the colour personally from a closer distance,but it looks good from far
Old 16th February 2009, 17:10   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I'll be getting the delivery of this baby sometime soon. I plan to get it tinted from the dealer itself before taking the delivery. I have been quoted 42K for the following

Front 74% visibility
Rear 55% visibility

All are V-Kool with 99% heat rejection as told by the sales person. Does this looks reasonable. Plan to post the pics soon after the delivery.
Dont put the tints from the dealer it will always be pricey. I have V-cool 95% heat rejection on my car as the 99% was available in grenish clear colors only. ALthough the price difference was only 2000 odd rupees. It costed me around 25k if i remember correctly after discount for a 5 series. A Q7 would be 30k or so but certainly not 42k !
Just contact the offical V-cool dealer in your city via their website contact details. They have professional people to get the tints put in high end cars so don't worry.

And congratulations once again !!
Old 17th February 2009, 20:33   #64
BHPian

Sahil thanks for the info. However the place where I live, it is very difficult to get skilled people to do this job. Moreover I'd like to avoid the hassle and get it done at the dealership itself. Perhaps the glass area is large hence the price could be higher.

Now as I get closer to the delivery even few days of wait seem like eternity . Really looking forward to several hundred kms of drive over the GQ to bring her home from Delhi. But since it will still be in the run-in phase, not possible to do some ripping. How high can I go. 2000-3000 RPM ?
Old 20th February 2009, 15:57   #65
BHPian

Here is a teaser of soon to be my baby
More to come in just a couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-skirt_q7_003.jpg  

Old 20th February 2009, 17:13   #66
BHPian

Congrats dude.....I feel you made the right choice.

Please make sure you are taking your new muscle out of the city roads. You will love MUM-Pune xpress way on your Q7.

Btw, are you looking for a driver ? :-) I know a driver who will not demand salary...his name is Raneesh...lol.

Enjoy the drive pal.

Raneesh
Old 21st February 2009, 00:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

That was quick

Congrats.
waiting for the next part along with a detailed report.
Old 21st February 2009, 14:58   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, that picture is killer...akin to a monster waiting to be unleashed. The wait must be killing ya!

Congrats.
Old 21st February 2009, 18:21   #69
BHPian

be careful whole driving,maintaining this beauty isnt easy.the parts are SUPER expensive.i just bought it last year(october) so i cant say much about the parts but my friend replaced his brake pads for 49000 (they come with the sensors also,u cant buy them separately) windshiled for 39000 ( crack caused by a small pebble ) and side mirror for 73000..small cut on tyre rice = 23000.first service after 15k km =21000
Old 21st February 2009, 23:15   #70
BHPian

Thanks shreyas28 for your advice. This is a price I guess you have to pay when you go by heart rather than head (at least in my case).

Thanks GTO for the advice. I hope to take and post some pics during my GQ drive through bhaiyaland. Almost all of the driving will be done by the driver but I plan to take wheels occasionally. I was told at the dealership that these modern engines are very *advanced* and you can go ripping day one. Of course, I didn't buy it but still will take care to not go above 120 kmph during first 1000 Kms.

Two years back I bought my first car - a NHC ZX CVT, then Santro, Innova, Civic, i10 Asta AT and now decided to make few jumps straight to Q7 . I'm dreaming of the day to get my hands on "Flying Spur Speed" and my mission is to get it done in next 2-3 years MAX !! . This is because I started dreaming of Q7 soon after the day I bought my first car City ZX CVT. God and my karma willing I hope that it will happen someday.

Enough of my blahs .. Stay tuned for more pics.
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just a tip for your run in. It's not the speed that matters - it's the RPM. Do check the running in thread for more info.
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:51   #72
BHPian

entropy g, if I am not mistaken you reside in Lucknow. Well just saw this thread today, There are already two toureg's in our city. Both can be seen occasionally at One Up Motors, Alambagh, but awesome choice on your end for the Q7, its huge, you can easily frighten all the Safari and Scorpio wale Netaji's by it. Waiting to see it on Lucknow roads. Congrats again
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:34   #73
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Two years back I bought my first car - a NHC ZX CVT, then Santro, Innova, Civic, i10 Asta AT and now decided to make few jumps straight to Q7 . I'm dreaming of the day to get my hands on "Flying Spur Speed" and my mission is to get it done in next 2-3 years MAX !! . This is because I started dreaming of Q7 soon after the day I bought my first car City ZX CVT. God and my karma willing I hope that it will happen someday.
Wish you all the best for continued progress at that pace!
Cheers
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:47   #74
BHPian

Q7 has the best road presence. in abad here i see a few q7s quite often. and you cant help noticing them. this is one gentle giant.

go for it!!!.

BTW what is this open sky system. is this panoramic( full glass roof) sun roof system.??
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:58   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I like your spirit, need a business partner?
A Flying Spur Speed on board would be a joy for all bhpians, kudos to you and your dreams.

Your car looks nice, although those standard alloys are quite boring. I know comfort is priority but there are better designs that Audi offers. The alloys of the A6 3.0TDi & A4 3.2 FSi look superb on the Q7, i have seen one in Bombay with them and I believe they are the same size as the ones you have standard. Haggle with the dealer to make the switch, i doubt it would be very exp after the buyback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks