Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 01:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Entropy! Do let me know if you're passing through Moradabad any time!
Old 25th February 2009, 02:16   #77
BHPian

Personally, I prefer new since, the only owner the car has is you. Every driver breaks-in their car differently so beware, but if you believe that this car is mechanically sound, then by all means go for it. By the way if you do go for it, ask the guys at Audi to reset the transmission programming, since most German car transmissions are adaptive (meaning in the first couple of KMs, the transmission understands the drivers driving style and adjusts shift point to that, and if the previous owner drove it like "he stole it" and you drive at a fairly natural pace then their might be some uncomfortable situations I.e. jerky shifts and what not). Having wrote an essay, the decision is upto you and not to us, we are here to give advice, and you are here to make a decision based on the advice and ur own gut, so Good luck!
Regards,
56 Landmaster
Old 25th February 2009, 12:25   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56landmaster View Post
Personally, I prefer new since, the only owner the car has is you. Every driver breaks-in their car differently so beware, but if you believe that this car is mechanically sound, then by all means go for it. By the way if you do go for it, ask the guys at Audi to reset the transmission programming, since most German car transmissions are adaptive (meaning in the first couple of KMs, the transmission understands the drivers driving style and adjusts shift point to that, and if the previous owner drove it like "he stole it" and you drive at a fairly natural pace then their might be some uncomfortable situations I.e. jerky shifts and what not). Having wrote an essay, the decision is upto you and not to us, we are here to give advice, and you are here to make a decision based on the advice and ur own gut, so Good luck!
Regards,
56 Landmaster
did you actually read anything beyond the first post? i suggest you do so.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:54   #79
BHPian

Got my baby

Thanks for all the good wishes and so many responses.

Finally took the delivery and got her home. @iraghava, I took the NH2 instead of Moradabad route. Covered a distance of about 540 kms in 8.5 hrs which included about 1.5 hrs of stop time due to jams/stopover etc. This was covered in about half tank (about 50 ltrs). Haven't check the on-board computer for milegae etc. I think it should be around 10ish.

Now for the first impressions (in no particular order):

- Size is really an issue in the city but highways are a breeze. I was really tense while going through jams encountered on my way in some of the cities.

- Features galore but some of them not quite intuitive and require you to go through manual. E.g. rear A/C controls stopped working and showed a ---. later from the manual found out these along with other switches are disabled when rear door lock is on. Huh !! There are several such "dependencies". I guess it would take time to understand most of these and how to make best use of them.

- MMI is kinda OK but I guess you need at least a day to get really familiar with all the features.

- Feels a wee-bit lazy to inputs at slower speeds (in D and automatic suspension mode). As the speed builds up everything tighten ups. Not a big issue though. Steering feels quite heavy at higher speeds (Compared to say Civic) but doesn't hurts.

- Automatic suspension mode was good enough. Didn't try comfort/dynamic etc. Pot-holes etc were dismissed with ease and couldn't hear any thuds at all as I do hear in Hondas. You do get jolted from big ones but again it is never uncomfortable :-). My uncle with back-pain was traveling with me and he felt the ride was very comfortable. We did not felt any fatigue after covering all this distance.

- Cabin is really silent and well-built. The muted V6 growl during overtaking is really music to ears. Love this *feature* the most. Had several instances where we overtook folks doing 120/130 odd kmph with extreme ease. Overtaking is really not an issue on highways with all the power at disposal. Cruise at 160 kmph = 2900 RPM. We didn't go beyond 3K. Audi manual suggests that you do not exceed 2/3 the max speed during first 1000 kms. Hence limited and satisfied overselves to 160.

- Excellent braking and stability/handling. Some of the corners we did at speeds I would have never dared in my other cars. After a while you do get the confidence to throw the 2.5 tonnes around knowing things will be in control quickly as and when you want.

- Really really love the cockpit at night. All the interior lights and hues make up for a visual delight and make you think you're about to pilot a boeing .. He He ..

About the pics, unfortunately I accidentally dropped the camera while taking out from the pocket. All later pics were overexposed. I have put here some taken before the delivery and while doing our first tank full. I'll update with more detailed pics as and when I get over the interia and have put some kms on the odo.

Thanks to all great t-bhpian folks for their inputs all along.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-aq7-004.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-aq7-011.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-aq7-012.jpg  

Old 25th February 2009, 23:35   #80
BHPian

Congrats , waiting to catch a glimpse of it on lucknow roads. The NH-2 is fantastic, awesome road. You might have been stuck in jam Agra. The roads are awesome, could easily do 130kmph in my swift for long duration, but just thinking how good would have the Q7 felt on the same road.
Old 26th February 2009, 00:31   #81
BHPian

Akshay1234, sorry about that, I think I may have experience a brain fart. Besides the Brain Fart Theory, my computer is partially to blame since it made page 1, page 6, but Again sorry about the whole incident.

Entropy, Congrats on the car, my friend recently has taken delivery of a 2008 Audi Q7 (through Euro Delivery Program). It really is a beast of Luxury automobile (considering it is made on the same chassis as the VW and Cayenne (spelling). Enjoy the new ride to its fullest.

Quote: "Feels a wee-bit lazy to inputs at slower speeds (in D and automatic suspension mode). "
I dont want to seem to advice-full (not a word made it up this second) but, if its a tad bit sluggish or the shift point are a bit to awkard, you may want to reset the Transmission, to learn your indiviual learning style, but this again is just my advice, nothing more (if you want more info im glad to provide you with details).

Anyways congrats, and hopefully this time my post is not a bit too late, or based on past events!
Old 26th February 2009, 00:39   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Akshay1234, sorry about that, I think I may have experience a brain fart. Besides the Brain Fart Theory, my computer is partially to blame since it made page 1, page 6, but Again sorry about the whole incident.

Entropy, Congrats on the car, my friend recently has taken delivery of a 2008 Audi Q7 (through Euro Delivery Program). It really is a beast of Luxury automobile (considering it is made on the same chassis as the VW and Cayenne (spelling). Enjoy the new ride to its fullest.
no need to apologise mate. euro delivery program? thats the thingy where you get delivery right from the factory and can drive it around europe and then its sent to india?

i agree on the transmission reset. you may also wanna try sport mode.
Old 26th February 2009, 00:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

@entropy
congrats,she is a big beauty
post pics of interiors,and I agree on the growl part,Q7 sounds amazing.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
no need to apologise mate. euro delivery program? thats the thingy where you get delivery right from the factory and can drive it around europe and then its sent to india?

i agree on the transmission reset. you may also wanna try sport mode.
Thanks Akshay, I felt really bad, but I am good.
European Delivery is a program where Buyers are allowed to put an order in for their car. This order is processed and a date is chosen by the customer (usually 3 months after order) for pickup in Ingolstadt. Fast forward 3 months, customer goes to Ingolstadt for pickup drives the car (max out the speed limiter on the car on the autobahn) anywhere in the Europe (selected countries are excluded) and after a certain period of time (6 months max without paying VAT, but usually 14 days since free insurance ends after 14 days). After that the customer drops off the car at Harms shipping and the car is returned to the states (any damages sustained are repaired before delivery.) One Bad part is that, per my knowledge, the program is only available in the states.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:01   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Akshay, I felt really bad, but I am good.
European Delivery is a program where Buyers are allowed to put an order in for their car. This order is processed and a date is chosen by the customer (usually 3 months after order) for pickup in Ingolstadt. Fast forward 3 months, customer goes to Ingolstadt for pickup drives the car (max out the speed limiter on the car on the autobahn) anywhere in the Europe (selected countries are excluded) and after a certain period of time (6 months max without paying VAT, but usually 14 days since free insurance ends after 14 days). After that the customer drops off the car at Harms shipping and the car is returned to the states (any damages sustained are repaired before delivery.) One Bad part is that, per my knowledge, the program is only available in the states.
All german car markers offer this in the states. Infact, I was told it even works out cheaper than buying it off the shelf in the US.

Clearly "Running in period" means nothing to them
Old 26th February 2009, 11:03   #86
Team-BHP Support

i thought it was available here too though from brands like lamborghini. i remember reading something about it on ecks thread. anyway back to the topic.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:33   #87
BHPian

Congratulations dude. Could'nt quite see the sunroof. Beautiful colour though. Do post the pictures of the interior cockpit you were talking about.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:56   #88
BHPian

to know more about Q7's systems and the PANAROMIC SUNROOF go to Audi Technology Microsite .skip the mini movie and select the features .

congrats entropy.. but be careful with the fuel the dealer told me that i must fill the car only with "SHELL" DIESEL but for 3 months ive used normal diesel only
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
congrats entropy.. but be careful with the fuel the dealer told me that i must fill the car only with "SHELL" DIESEL but for 3 months ive used normal diesel only
Thanks. I was told to fill only Premium Diesels. E.g. Xtra-Mile, Hi-Speed etc. The brochure also mentions that diesel must have a cetane number of 51 or higher and I guess only premium diesel fits the bill.

Also I discovered that the 3.0 TDI model I got is 176 kW, 550 Nm (Same as current UK spec). This is different from what is published in various car mags. I guess this 10% increase in torque and power has been done fairly recently ? Have put about 1200 kms on odo. Computer 2 shows 13.3 l/100 km = 7.51 km/l.

One of these days I'll pick up the camera and post some pics and a bit more detailed review.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:17   #90
BHPian

wow, you are a lucky owner sir,my car shows 1ltr/100 km some times (might be the most fuel efficient car on the planet ) and mostly it shows 50lit/100 km .. ( the biggest stomach ) .. dont know what the problem is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks