Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 23:35   #91
BHPian

Entropy: Be very careful *where* you get fuel from. Assuming you are in Lucknow, the IOC pump in GomtiNagar is really good since it is COCO (Company Owned Company Operated). Wouldn't really recommend any of the others.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:25   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thanks. I was told to fill only Premium Diesels. E.g. Xtra-Mile, Hi-Speed etc. The brochure also mentions that diesel must have a cetane number of 51 or higher and I guess only premium diesel fits the bill.
I would check with Audi before keeping her on premium diesel diet. Both BMW & Mercedes in India recommend against premium diesel fuel usage.
Contact your dealership or better still email Audi India directly for the best advice.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Entropy: Be very careful *where* you get fuel from. Assuming you are in Lucknow, the IOC pump in GomtiNagar is really good since it is COCO (Company Owned Company Operated). Wouldn't really recommend any of the others.

To add one more to the list, the Scooter India petrol pump after Gauri on the Lucknow-Kanpur highway is also company owned company operated. It also dispenses good quality fuel.
Old 5th March 2009, 15:26   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I would check with Audi before keeping her on premium diesel diet. Both BMW & Mercedes in India recommend against premium diesel fuel usage.
Contact your dealership or better still email Audi India directly for the best advice.
Really !! Thanks Sahil. Let me check with Audi directly and update. I had confirmed this part with the dealership several times and always they confirmed that go with the Premium.

How is the experience of other Q7/Audi owners in the forum. Which diesel works best ?
Old 5th March 2009, 15:43   #95
BHPian

Congrats Entropy that is really a great car to own,please post some pics of the interiors. one lucky dude you are. Happy driving!
Old 6th March 2009, 17:59   #96
BHPian

Quote:
How is the experience of other Q7/Audi owners in the forum. Which diesel works best ?
i dont have any problem in driving the car. its just too huge for the roads and traffic.thats a major problem.i dont know about the diesel . i always drive the car in S mode and turn the esp off. this shows the real power of the car and i get 3km/ltr mileage , i dont drive in that mode actually.the car flies.
and in normal D mode and ESP turned on and normal driving in city i get 6.5 km/ltr
Old 8th March 2009, 11:43   #97
BHPian

Folks

Got my first 1.5 inch scratch on the driver side door when a dumb scooter rider coming from the opposite direction rammed into the door while pushing his way through between my car and a rickshaw on the other side. God help this country and give some common-sense to the people.

Anyway, what is the best way to get rid of this scratch. My driver said in due course of time (5-6 months) this scratch should become unnoticeable. What are your suggestions mates.
Old 8th March 2009, 12:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

Got my first 1.5 inch scratch on the driver side door when a dumb scooter rider coming from the opposite direction rammed into the door while pushing his way through between my car and a rickshaw on the other side. God help this country and give some common-sense to the people.

Anyway, what is the best way to get rid of this scratch. My driver said in due course of time (5-6 months) this scratch should become unnoticeable. What are your suggestions mates.
if its not a deep scratch,you can get rid of it by using rubbing compound
Old 8th March 2009, 14:28   #99
BHPian

i warned you before itself..now buy the formula 1 scratch out bottle.works like a charm on all my cars.some BHPians don't recommend this product but when you use all your energy and time on a small scratch (3-4 inches) it vanishes.you need to waste 15 minutes for the scratch on your car.
Old 8th March 2009, 16:34   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
if its not a deep scratch,you can get rid of it by using rubbing compound
Thanks akshay4587. There is no dent. The scratch has however peeled off the paint about 2-3 mm wide and 4 cm long. Any recommendation about the make/brand of this rubbing compound. Also any precautions in its application.

I pray for the sanity of that poor scooter driver. I hope he does not lands into any major trouble in the future.

Saw shreyas28 post later. Will search and inquire about "formula 1 scratch out".

Last edited by entropy : 8th March 2009 at 16:37.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have had this very experience which is why I sold my car after a lot of tention!! Freaken Domino guy came and rearended mine in the first week. FAREKLA is the best and expensive comes in various intensities you will get it at any large car paint shop/distributor small tube cost Rs 500 becasuse if anything gets that scratch out it is FAREKLA you need to apply it sprinkle some water and rub it hard till heat is generated by the friction should do this for half hour or so. cheers Nikhil

Last edited by canonball : 8th March 2009 at 22:18.
Old 9th March 2009, 12:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks akshay4587. There is no dent. The scratch has however peeled off the paint about 2-3 mm wide and 4 cm long. Any recommendation about the make/brand of this rubbing compound. Also any precautions in its application.

I pray for the sanity of that poor scooter driver. I hope he does not lands into any major trouble in the future.

Saw shreyas28 post later. Will search and inquire about "formula 1 scratch out".
If the scratch has removed all layers paint, you're SOL. If you see the primer layer, which is white or if you see metal, you've cut through paint. Once that happens, you'll have to get it painted in some way. No sort of rubbing compounds will help you. If you see metal, get it repainted ASAP or rust will start creeping in.

Also, I highly recommend you let a professional use rubbing compounds. They will mess up your paint if you do it wrong.

P.S : Farecla.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 9th March 2009 at 12:09.
Old 10th March 2009, 09:16   #103
BHPian

hello,
better go to a car workshop and get the area rubbed carefully.as its lava grey.you can get the computerised colour.the person will just peel a 1cm area paint(cant be seen) and he puts it into a device which shows what all colours he must mix to get that colour.it might cost you 500 but its worth the price.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:08   #104
BHPian

I got the paint from their workshop on my way back from a vacation trip. After applying 3 coats with a zero number brush and some rubbing compound action, the scratch is not glaringly noticeable.

I was wondering if someone here has tried any tuning chips on Q7. E.g. speedkit or the PSI motorsport one (that friendly Petes sells in India). The Power and Torque increase would be about 15% from current 176kW (240 Bhp) and 550 Nm. Inputs would be appreciated.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:26   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the paint from their workshop on my way back from a vacation trip. After applying 3 coats with a zero number brush and some rubbing compound action, the scratch is not glaringly noticeable.

I was wondering if someone here has tried any tuning chips on Q7. E.g. speedkit or the PSI motorsport one (that friendly Petes sells in India). The Power and Torque increase would be about 15% from current 176kW (240 Bhp) and 550 Nm. Inputs would be appreciated.
I don't have personal experience of this. But I believe these chips do work very well. Although you will loose warranty if Audi finds out, hence get a plug & play system which will enable you to take the box out during service or a good remap that can go undetected by Audi diagnostics.

Most Viewed