Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:13   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10,100
Thanked: 9,611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post

I was wondering if someone here has tried any tuning chips on Q7. E.g. speedkit or the PSI motorsport one (that friendly Petes sells in India). The Power and Torque increase would be about 15% from current 176kW (240 Bhp) and 550 Nm. Inputs would be appreciated.
haha so now after your innova you want to get a tuning box for the q7. go for it. itll be crazy.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 02:23   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost
Posts: 405
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
haha so now after your innova you want to get a tuning box for the q7. go for it. itll be crazy.
Yes the innova experience was too good to be true . Already running it on +2 and enjoying every bit of it (Thanks to the doc you sent on another thread). As for the Q7 I have ordered a chipexpress kit. The tuned Power and torque would be 281 BHp and 641 Nm respectively. Would update about q7 experience once I get it (may be in next 2-3 weeks).
entropy is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 02:25   #108
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10,100
Thanked: 9,611 Times
Default

wow holy crap. that is going to be insaaaane. just make sure you remove it before services. and with the chip i think itll be more sensitive to bad fuel.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 05:07   #109
BHPian
 
nishant_kingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 335
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Wow this is like adding fuel to fire. The huge thing will pull like hell. Also entropy the initial impression you wrote about low speed responsiveness may improve to your delight. Just be careful on the warranty, you reeeeaaaallllyyyyy don’t want to mess with it!!
nishant_kingpin is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:48   #110
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,871
Thanked: 4,713 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Yes the innova experience was too good to be true . Already running it on +2 and enjoying every bit of it (Thanks to the doc you sent on another thread). As for the Q7 I have ordered a chipexpress kit. The tuned Power and torque would be 281 BHp and 641 Nm respectively. Would update about q7 experience once I get it (may be in next 2-3 weeks).
WoW ! Thats a sizeable improvement, 641Nm of torque!! Be ready for quick wear on your brake pads and tyres because your traction control going to be working in overtime ! But it's well worth it, will be supppper fun to drive.

Where did you order the chip from? What was the damage like?
Sahil is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:59   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost
Posts: 405
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
WoW ! Thats a sizeable improvement, 641Nm of torque!! Be ready for quick wear on your brake pads and tyres because your traction control going to be working in overtime ! But it's well worth it, will be supppper fun to drive.
Where did you order the chip from? What was the damage like?
Yes Sahil. I expect so. I'll post the details once my ordering experiment is successful and I do get the kit. It cost me about 33K. The power/torque increase is not that substantial. Up about 17% from the stock. May be because I'm biased after the Innova tuneup which was more than 25%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Wow this is like adding fuel to fire. The huge thing will pull like hell. Also entropy the initial impression you wrote about low speed responsiveness may improve to your delight. Just be careful on the warranty, you reeeeaaaallllyyyyy donít want to mess with it!!
Sure. This is paramount. This is a removable kit like Petes one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
wow holy crap. that is going to be insaaaane. just make sure you remove it before services. and with the chip i think itll be more sensitive to bad fuel.
Yes this is one of my prime concern too. However for the heck of it !! I just wanted to give it a try If it fails I can always go back to the stock setup.
entropy is offline  
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:51   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4,031
Thanked: 3,246 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Yes Sahil. I expect so. I'll post the details once my ordering experiment is successful and I do get the kit. It cost me about 33K. The power/torque increase is not that substantial. Up about 17% from the stock. May be because I'm biased after the Innova tuneup which was more than 25%.
If you think about it, the Q7's engine has only 20% more cubic capacity yet it produces more than 2.5 times the torque and the bhp compared to the Innova engine!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd April 2009 at 19:53.
extreme_torque is online now  
Old 4th April 2009, 00:58   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost
Posts: 405
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If you think about it, the Q7's engine has only 20% more cubic capacity yet it produces more than 2.5 times the torque and the bhp compared to the Innova engine!
Exactly. And that makes me wonder how much further it can be boosted within 3.0L confines. Nevertheless I think in this age cc or ltrs don't really much upto certain extent with correct setup and tuning. (Whatever that means !! ) I guess the plug and play types are the safest bet as I'm not yet venturing into full blown chipping and performance tuning territory.
entropy is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 07:28   #114
BHPian
 
shreyas28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 160
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

any idea about the mileage of the Q7 ? my car gives only 2 to 2.5.
shreyas28 is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 18:47   #115
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,871
Thanked: 4,713 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
any idea about the mileage of the Q7 ? my car gives only 2 to 2.5.
Gosh! That's horrible

There must be some error in calculation, it defeats the purpose of buying a diesel. I wonder what the v8 petrol gives, 0.5kmpl?
Sahil is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 20:34   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,152
Thanked: 349 Times
Default

The M3's V10 gives 4-5 in the city and 10 on the highway. I suppose the bulk of the Q7 will drive it down a bit, but it can't be that bad.

Are you sure about those averages shreyas?
ImmortalZ is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 21:12   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 2,034
Thanked: 2,017 Times
Default

^M3 has a V8.

Wow entropy congrats on the car and a double congrats on the Chip that you're getting for the car.It'll surely be a hoot to drive.Just be careful:"With power comes great responsibility"
navpreet318 is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 21:22   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,152
Thanked: 349 Times
Default

Whoops, my bad. It's the M5 that has a V10, right?
ImmortalZ is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 04:41   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost
Posts: 405
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
any idea about the mileage of the Q7 ? my car gives only 2 to 2.5.
Wow !! My average so far has been about 7.2 km/l. With a tankful (100 ltrs), it shows a range between 700 to 740 kms consistently and that's what I have gotten almost so far. Of course, I drive only in D and never tried Sports so far except in emergency overtaking maneuvers.
entropy is offline  
Old 6th April 2009, 20:07   #120
BHPian
 
shreyas28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 160
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Gosh! That's horrible

There must be some error in calculation, it defeats the purpose of buying a diesel. I wonder what the v8 petrol gives, 0.5kmpl?
dont worry about the petrol version.sometimes this car even shows 0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The M3's V10 gives 4-5 in the city and 10 on the highway. I suppose the bulk of the Q7 will drive it down a bit, but it can't be that bad.

Are you sure about those averages shreyas?
yes.im sure.it shows 100 also.sometimes 6.5.but it never exceeded 6.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Wow !! My average so far has been about 7.2 km/l. With a tankful (100 ltrs), it shows a range between 700 to 740 kms consistently and that's what I have gotten almost so far. Of course, I drive only in D and never tried Sports so far except in emergency overtaking maneuvers.
WOW!!! . when i fill the tank fully,it shows 590 ONLY!! :( .after driving it for 30 kms,it decreases to 300 km.and the mileage computer shows 56.6 km/100 ltr :( .i drive the car rarely in S mode.only in jubilee hills.now im trying to use the tiptronic to see the real mileage.ill drive to college in tiptronic tomorrow morning and reply here.
shreyas28 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks