Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 21:15   #121
Team-BHP Support

shreyas - can you try resetting your transmission and then driving normally and seeing what mileage you get. i think that might just help a bit. ask your audi dealer how to reset the tranny.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
shreyas - can you try resetting your transmission and then driving normally and seeing what mileage you get. i think that might just help a bit. ask your audi dealer how to reset the tranny.
thanks bro,i dont have patience to go to the service center now.they wont show this in the showroom,the service centre is very far from my place.ill go day after tomorrow
Old 6th April 2009, 23:53   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
WOW!!! . when i fill the tank fully,it shows 590 ONLY!! :( .after driving it for 30 kms,it decreases to 300 km.and the mileage computer shows 56.6 km/100 ltr :( .i drive the car rarely in S mode.only in jubilee hills.now im trying to use the tiptronic to see the real mileage.ill drive to college in tiptronic tomorrow morning and reply here.
Apart from resetting the tranny (I don't have a clue how to do that ..) few obvious things to check

- Are you using it for short commutes only (< 1km)
- Tyre pressure (I use 43 Front and 46 rear)

But still the figures you quote are too low. Better get them checked at the earliest. Try running for a week with a light foot and see if that makes any difference (yes I know it's difficult but please try)
Old 7th April 2009, 00:03   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks bro,i dont have patience to go to the service center now.they wont show this in the showroom,the service centre is very far from my place.ill go day after tomorrow
for bmws u have to put on the ignition to the 2nd step (just before cranking) and then press the accelerator pedal fully for about 30 seconds. try this is might just work in your q7.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:09   #125
BHPian

Got CHIP Expess kit for Q7

I got my chip express kit yesterday. Much earlier than I had anticipated (Perhaps Royal Mail efficiency). It took about 10 minutes to do the install (5 mins to read the doc, 5 mins to plug it in). I found it to be much simpler than the Petes kit for Innova. Also quality of the cables, tuner box etc looks much better and sturdy compared to the PSI kit from Petes I have for Innova.

- The default setup increases the Power/Torque from 240Bhp/550Nm to 280Bhp/641Nm. With 3 stages of the power increase it can be boosted further up to a maximum of 320Bhp/698Nm. However I do not plan to go beyond the standard setup due to fuel quality concerns.

Did a brief test drive after the install to verify if everything is Ok. Will get to feel more about the increase on a longer drive but following are my brief observations from a short drive:

- There is a slight increase in the external engine clatter. From inside the cabin the noise levels are virtually unchanged.
- Car seems to be more responsive now even in the D mode. However when you floor it there is still some hesitation before you're pushed real hard into the seats. Didn't tried the Sports mode yet
- The car was effortless even earlier but pace pickup feels much better now. It gives more confidence to make better use of the gaps you find occasionally in the city traffic.
- At least a second has been shaved from 0-100 time. It is more 7ish secs now rather than the 8ish for the stock. Will use a stop watch may be to measure the difference accurately. But it very defn feels faster and eager now. The experience is more enjoyable and addictive now.
- No warning lights or messages on info display. Seems the kit has blended in seamlessly.

It is too early to tell but I feel satisfied with this investment. Now looking forward to a longer drive on the highways to extract true potential of this tuning. Esp pickup after 140 where Q7 earlier was not very eager relatively earlier.

Side Note: A fresh road was laid up in front of my house two days ago. Now I find the road coming off from various places. Is the traction/torque taking its toll on the road ? Didn't find this with any of my other cars and not in the front of any other home on this road.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:46   #126
BHPian

few pics and update on chipexpress

Have covered about 3K on odo. Not much actually as mostly I'm using cars on rotation. Attached are few pics of my recent trip to hilly areas.

During the trip, we went to about 200 kmph couple of times without breaking a sweat. But mostly the cruise was around 140. At this speed none of the passengers complain and still we can cover ground fairly quickly. Though we have built quite good roads/highways it seems people need to be educated on how to use them. Anyway I think enough has been said about this already elsewhere.

I timed the 0-100 with my older default chipexpress setup (281 bhp/640 Nm) using a crude stopwatch method. I did 3 runs of 0-100 in S mode. I got 7.93/7.96/8.11 secs. So it seems the chip is helping . However I feel that ESP is playing a spoilsport and doesn't really allows full transfer of power to the wheels. Of course I need to make test run with ESP off and see if that makes a difference. Also the power setting is now moved to default + 2 that supposedly should take the BHP/Nm to 306 Bhp/667 Nm respectively. Will report later if this has made any difference to the 0-100 and driving pleasure.

In all, I'm very much enjoying the Q7 experience and each drive is a wonderful experience. The interiors are very refined and the sweet V6 roar in S mode during kickdowns is something to die for.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc001.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc002.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc003.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc004.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc005.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-dsc006.jpg  

Old 20th May 2009, 15:05   #127
BHPian

Nice pics of the monster.

Put some pics of interiors & Gizmos too.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:51   #128
BHPian

Average kya hei ..

The FE average till now (if anyone cares) with about 20% driven in "spirited" S mode. Also I don't know how to switch off the A/C completely, so it has always been on. The average speed over these 3K is pathetic considering the kind of traffic and traffic sense we have.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-20052009097.jpg  

Need Urgent Advice: 1.7K done Audi Q7: EDIT booked Toureg Edit: cancelled, now Q7-20052009099.jpg  

Old 24th May 2009, 01:01   #129
BHPian

nice pictures.even you need to upgrade the rims .
to switch off the a/c completely,you need to press and hold the econ on/off button.whenever you switch on the a/c the rear operation also starts,its better if you turn it off when there are no passengers behind you.
Old 18th June 2009, 05:50   #130
BHPian

Quote:
nice pictures.even you need to upgrade the rims .
Thanks shreyas28 for the AC tip. The rims are kind of boring but I'll keep it this way for some time.

It seems that the brakes have faded somewhat now. The brake pedal requires more travel to decelerate compared to what it was few months back. I don't know if brake pads need a change or if this is normal. I have done only 3.5K so far. I was told it would cost about 42K to replace both front and rear pads. Is there a way I can check if pads require a change or not since I'm far off from Delhi and it would not be possible to take it to the dealer for service check immediately.

Below is a small video of few 0-100 runs of my chipped Q7.
Old 18th June 2009, 06:27   #131
BHPian

I remember Sahil had mentioned about the brakes loosing effectiveness with time. Here's the quote. You may want to check if the pads are bad or is it the clutch adjusting to certain driving style...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
WoW ! Thats a sizeable improvement, 641Nm of torque!! Be ready for quick wear on your brake pads and tyres because your traction control going to be working in overtime ! But it's well worth it, will be supppper fun to drive.

Where did you order the chip from? What was the damage like?
Old 18th June 2009, 11:42   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no way brake pads can wear out in 3500kms ! And the symptoms you mention makes it seems like the brake padel needs some setting.

@nishant - My previous post did not indicate brakes loosing effectiveness. I meant that wear & tear of the pads would be quicker. Even when the brakes pads are almost completely worn out, at least on the german cars, you won't ever feel the brakes loosing effectiveness. The only way you can tell that your brake pads are giving way is when you hear the brakes sqeak, loud !
Old 18th June 2009, 11:48   #133
Team-BHP Support

Am sure a warning light will come on. Quite possible, the brakes are effective but the feel has changed due to bedding in also plenty of grime+ dust on disk will diminish things slightly
Old 18th June 2009, 12:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quite possible, the brakes are effective but the feel has changed due to bedding in also plenty of grime+ dust on disk will diminish things slightly
This could very well be the reason. The brakes of course work quite well but where earlier it required just a gentle touch, now I need to depress the pedal somewhat more to get the same effectiveness. My drivers like it better in current state but somehow I'm not comfortable with the slackness due to extra pedal travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There is no way brake pads can wear out in 3500kms ! And the symptoms you mention makes it seems like the brake padel needs some setting.

@nishant - My previous post did not indicate brakes loosing effectiveness. I meant that wear & tear of the pads would be quicker. Even when the brakes pads are almost completely worn out, at least on the german cars, you won't ever feel the brakes loosing effectiveness. The only way you can tell that your brake pads are giving way is when you hear the brakes sqeak, loud !
Thanks Sahil. That's quite assuring. Even the service manager at dealership said it is highly unlikely that pads have worn out.

In any case, I would like to show this at their service station when I'm in Delhi for my peace of mind and if can be set to earlier state. I guess some rough driving on the highways could have caused this Can't help being a hooligan with this car and some nice roads.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:05   #135
Team-BHP Support

Have them lok at the brake fluid level also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks