Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:13   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post

I was wondering if someone here has tried any tuning chips on Q7. E.g. speedkit or the PSI motorsport one (that friendly Petes sells in India). The Power and Torque increase would be about 15% from current 176kW (240 Bhp) and 550 Nm. Inputs would be appreciated.
haha so now after your innova you want to get a tuning box for the q7. go for it. itll be crazy.
Old 3rd April 2009, 02:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
haha so now after your innova you want to get a tuning box for the q7. go for it. itll be crazy.
Yes the innova experience was too good to be true . Already running it on +2 and enjoying every bit of it (Thanks to the doc you sent on another thread). As for the Q7 I have ordered a chipexpress kit. The tuned Power and torque would be 281 BHp and 641 Nm respectively. Would update about q7 experience once I get it (may be in next 2-3 weeks).
Old 3rd April 2009, 02:25   #108
Team-BHP Support

wow holy crap. that is going to be insaaaane. just make sure you remove it before services. and with the chip i think itll be more sensitive to bad fuel.
Old 3rd April 2009, 05:07   #109
BHPian

Wow this is like adding fuel to fire. The huge thing will pull like hell. Also entropy the initial impression you wrote about low speed responsiveness may improve to your delight. Just be careful on the warranty, you reeeeaaaallllyyyyy don’t want to mess with it!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:48   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the innova experience was too good to be true . Already running it on +2 and enjoying every bit of it (Thanks to the doc you sent on another thread). As for the Q7 I have ordered a chipexpress kit. The tuned Power and torque would be 281 BHp and 641 Nm respectively. Would update about q7 experience once I get it (may be in next 2-3 weeks).
WoW ! Thats a sizeable improvement, 641Nm of torque!! Be ready for quick wear on your brake pads and tyres because your traction control going to be working in overtime ! But it's well worth it, will be supppper fun to drive.

Where did you order the chip from? What was the damage like?
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
WoW ! Thats a sizeable improvement, 641Nm of torque!! Be ready for quick wear on your brake pads and tyres because your traction control going to be working in overtime ! But it's well worth it, will be supppper fun to drive.
Where did you order the chip from? What was the damage like?
Yes Sahil. I expect so. I'll post the details once my ordering experiment is successful and I do get the kit. It cost me about 33K. The power/torque increase is not that substantial. Up about 17% from the stock. May be because I'm biased after the Innova tuneup which was more than 25%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Wow this is like adding fuel to fire. The huge thing will pull like hell. Also entropy the initial impression you wrote about low speed responsiveness may improve to your delight. Just be careful on the warranty, you reeeeaaaallllyyyyy don’t want to mess with it!!
Sure. This is paramount. This is a removable kit like Petes one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
wow holy crap. that is going to be insaaaane. just make sure you remove it before services. and with the chip i think itll be more sensitive to bad fuel.
Yes this is one of my prime concern too. However for the heck of it !! I just wanted to give it a try If it fails I can always go back to the stock setup.
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sahil. I expect so. I'll post the details once my ordering experiment is successful and I do get the kit. It cost me about 33K. The power/torque increase is not that substantial. Up about 17% from the stock. May be because I'm biased after the Innova tuneup which was more than 25%.
If you think about it, the Q7's engine has only 20% more cubic capacity yet it produces more than 2.5 times the torque and the bhp compared to the Innova engine!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd April 2009 at 19:53.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:58   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If you think about it, the Q7's engine has only 20% more cubic capacity yet it produces more than 2.5 times the torque and the bhp compared to the Innova engine!
Exactly. And that makes me wonder how much further it can be boosted within 3.0L confines. Nevertheless I think in this age cc or ltrs don't really much upto certain extent with correct setup and tuning. (Whatever that means !! ) I guess the plug and play types are the safest bet as I'm not yet venturing into full blown chipping and performance tuning territory.
Old 4th April 2009, 07:28   #114
BHPian

any idea about the mileage of the Q7 ? my car gives only 2 to 2.5.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:47   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
Gosh! That's horrible

There must be some error in calculation, it defeats the purpose of buying a diesel. I wonder what the v8 petrol gives, 0.5kmpl?
Old 4th April 2009, 20:34   #116
Senior - BHPian

The M3's V10 gives 4-5 in the city and 10 on the highway. I suppose the bulk of the Q7 will drive it down a bit, but it can't be that bad.

Are you sure about those averages shreyas?
Old 4th April 2009, 21:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

^M3 has a V8.

Wow entropy congrats on the car and a double congrats on the Chip that you're getting for the car.It'll surely be a hoot to drive.Just be careful:"With power comes great responsibility"
Old 4th April 2009, 21:22   #118
Senior - BHPian

Whoops, my bad. It's the M5 that has a V10, right?
Old 5th April 2009, 04:41   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
Wow !! My average so far has been about 7.2 km/l. With a tankful (100 ltrs), it shows a range between 700 to 740 kms consistently and that's what I have gotten almost so far. Of course, I drive only in D and never tried Sports so far except in emergency overtaking maneuvers.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:07   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Gosh! That's horrible

There must be some error in calculation, it defeats the purpose of buying a diesel. I wonder what the v8 petrol gives, 0.5kmpl?
dont worry about the petrol version.sometimes this car even shows 0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The M3's V10 gives 4-5 in the city and 10 on the highway. I suppose the bulk of the Q7 will drive it down a bit, but it can't be that bad.

Are you sure about those averages shreyas?
yes.im sure.it shows 100 also.sometimes 6.5.but it never exceeded 6.6

Quote:
Wow !! My average so far has been about 7.2 km/l. With a tankful (100 ltrs), it shows a range between 700 to 740 kms consistently and that's what I have gotten almost so far. Of course, I drive only in D and never tried Sports so far except in emergency overtaking maneuvers.
WOW!!! . when i fill the tank fully,it shows 590 ONLY!! :( .after driving it for 30 kms,it decreases to 300 km.and the mileage computer shows 56.6 km/100 ltr :( .i drive the car rarely in S mode.only in jubilee hills.now im trying to use the tiptronic to see the real mileage.ill drive to college in tiptronic tomorrow morning and reply here.

Most Viewed