Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 09:18   #16
BHPian

what is the OTR price of A8 in hyderabad ? including taxes,insurance.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
Thanks for your replies and I have got an Audi A8 for my dad and it's a chauffer driven.He is really very much happy with it..Luckily we got the car in a week,as there were 8 bookings for audi a8 along with me,around 10 or 11 days.
8 bookings??? How many A8's are there in Hyderabad?
Old 30th March 2009, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Pikchars

Can we see pics of your acquisitions please, BmwAddict?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I must say thats a mighty jump from your current stable. I think it's best to first get a budget from your father on what he plans to shell out for the wardrobe makeover, because the options that are currently being thrown out here will run in to crores of rupees.
+1 A tremendous class upgrade there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
Nice to hear that somebody is not bothered about the budget. Wish i could do it.
I do it all the time, but only in my imagination...
Old 4th April 2009, 07:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
8 bookings??? How many A8's are there in Hyderabad?
as far as i know,there are only 5 here.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be to have all three cars from different leagues.
1.premimum Sedan:Audi-A8. (since u've bought)
2.Sports car:Prosche or Merc or any coupe)
3.Suv:BMW-X5,prosche-cayanne).
Old 9th May 2009, 06:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
My choice would be to have all three cars from different leagues.
1.premimum Sedan:Audi-A8. (since u've bought)
2.Sports car:Prosche or Merc or any coupe)
3.Suv:BMW-X5,prosche-cayanne).
correction: its Porsche and Cayenne
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
as far as i know,there are only 5 here.
and the 5th one is ours
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
Greetings respected members.
I am Aneesh and 20 years old,studying final year of my engineering.
Because of recession car prices have got down to very low and I think it's the right time to change our entire cars.Right now we are using a maruti alto,a hyundai accent,an ambassdor which is 15 years old and a lancer.

My dad is pretty sentimental about cars and he always goes by his ambassdor because he got that car with his first salary.Now he is retired and both of my parents being doctors,they stay in guntur and my dad needs to travel around 100 kms up and down to the hospital where he works right now.And my dad has also undergone a by-pass surgery,he is unable to take down the stress in travelling and he just cant stay at home and take rest.

We decided to get premium cars and I have very less knowledge in cars and their comfort and their selection.According to my friends advise,Mercedes would do good for people like my dad.And also I am done with my car driving license and my dad accepted to get a car for me.I did a test drive for Bmw m3 e92,audi a6 and bmw 530d.I am also interested in test driving a touareg and audi q7.

Bottom line is we want to buy 3 cars at a time,because of no excise duty and lots of discounts.
1 car is for my dad and other 2 cars are a sedan and an suv.
So please advise me and this my humble request,because i dont have any knowledge on cars.Though we have money to buy premium cars,I want to get the best.So please advise me the best of the best.I really cant trust any other and i have been seeing all the topics in this forum around a year.I will take the advise from this forum as the last one and will book the cars.And I am not concerned with budget,Any budget would do good and only premium cars.

Thankyou.
Get the cars which you and your family likes,remember these are machines they break down from time to time.so the service is most important.I will not be comfortable if my car breaks down when I am 100 km away from home and there is no garage or mechanic who can fix my car let alone he has not seen or heard about the particular model of car or suv.just my 2 cents
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

You have mentioned that the car you are looking forward to must be very comfortable to travel in.

1) As your first car for your father :
My opinion for your dad's car are
a) Mercedes E-280 diesel. This car is very very well sound insulated from outside noise as well as road noise. The ride quality is the best. You father will not be at stress traveling in this car.
If affordable, you can even go in for S class diesel. The most comfortable car.

b) Toyota Camry. This car is also having good ride quality and is comfortable. The sound insulation is also good.
c) Nissan Tenna : This is also a car that is more intended to be comfortable mile muncher. Comfortable, refined and good ride quality.

Lexus is reported to be entering the Indian market, but then you will have to wait, not a good thing considering that you father just had a health issue.

2) SUV :
If you are the prime user then go in for any BMW or Audi. Excellent driver's car.
a) Audi Q5/Q7
b) BMW X3/X5
c) Wait for the new diesel Landcruiser.
d) Mercedes M class. Again all Merc features like comfort and refinement.
e) Porsche Cayenne. I think diesel Cayenne is also being considered for India.

3) Sedan :
Honda Accord or Toyota Camry ( if the car for your dad is not Camry ). But if Budget permits buy a C-class.

IMHO, if you are spending a huge amount of money, I think that priority is to get comfort and peace of mind. There is no point in buying a car that has poor ride quality or there if the cabin is not well insulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post

1. BMW 530d for your dad ( Diesel since your dad will do 100 kms a day)
Sir, I am sorry but I am having different opinion.
BMW have poor ride quality as compared to others. BMW 530D for thread starter's father is not the ideal vehicle to travel as the ride quality is not the best. Its rather more discomforting journey if the roads get really rough.
Old 18th June 2009, 02:16   #25
BHPian

Three cars

In my view

1. For your dad I would suggest Toyota Innova. It has one of the best ride and leg space in the middle seat. Having a driver adds all the comfort. And he will love you for all the lacs you save him by not buying a Merc or a beemer.

2. A Landcriser (LC 200)

3. A bugatti as a sports car

dear Moderator, can I attach a youtube video link like below?

Old 18th June 2009, 11:46   #26
BHPian

Now that your dad has his luxury sedan in the form of an A8. I think your other two cars should be

SUV -- Q7 (Huge space, better than Touareg) or X5 (great to drive) or Porsche Cayenne (its a Porsche, enough said!)
The toyota LC might be good but for the price (I think its like 81L) it should have been branded as a Lexus and loaded with all the bells and whistles

Car -- Now I don't know what kind of car you are looking at. If it is for yourself and you want the flaunt value go for something like the Merc CLS. If money is not an issue then go for the all out impractical and get a Lambo
Old 21st June 2009, 05:57   #27
BHPian

For a good, reasonal and sporty SUV you should consider the Volkswagen touareg TDI, either V6 or V10 depending on your power needs and budget. I have the V6 for a couple of months now and is perfect for outskirts, small towns and country roads. Very comfortable and if well-kitted can be luxurious and convenient. Then you can also go for the more sportier Cayenne in its various versions (i.e regular, s, turbo, turbo gts, etc. etc.)
As for the flashy 3rd car, perhaps an Audi TT 3.2 quattro, New BMW Z4 or SLK. If you want to spend bigger, M3, 6 series, Audi R8, Merc AMGs, Audi S8 or RS6, and then the Lambos and Ferraris. Decisions, Decisions...

Most Viewed