Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:54   #1
BHPian

Toyota Sprinter Marino

Hi Friends

Can anyone share me some reviews on Toyota Sprinter Marino. Have one of my friend planning to sell his car as he is out of the country and his car is presently unused.

Its a 1994 toyota Sprinter Marino, right hand Driven. Sample Photo From Net Below.

Information Needed

What is the Best Buy Price?

How is the Performance?

Any comparable Cars......?

Old 5th February 2009, 19:01   #2

Hi,
I too own a 1992 Marino Sprinter. Its an excellent car and really quick. I used to own a Nissan Patrol earlier and suddenly had to start using this, which is actually not making me feel comfortable. I'm planning to sell it too. If I get anywhere around 3.5 lacs, I'll give it off. Let me know how much you are expecting for this and also where its lying now.
Old 5th February 2009, 22:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwils View Post
Hi,
I too own a 1992 Marino Sprinter. Its an excellent car and really quick. I used to own a Nissan Patrol earlier and suddenly had to start using this, which is actually not making me feel comfortable. I'm planning to sell it too. If I get anywhere around 3.5 lacs, I'll give it off. Let me know how much you are expecting for this and also where its lying now.
Hi Thomwills

Firstly Welcome to Team-BHP

Is the TN 07 K 50 Silver Sprinter yours?

Actually My friend owns a 1994 Toyota Spinter, Silver color and is planning to sell it for 4,00,000. We had thought of going for one imported sports/ luxury sedan for my self and oone Skoda or a W124 for my friend but as this car is pretty well maintained I am thinking for options.

I drove Toyota Sera and also Sprinter, Find Sprinter better but would like to know more on the same. Expecting the cost of maintanance to be low as its from toyota and the car has hardly reaached 60k kms.

let me know your openion on the cost offered, maintanance and other suggestions.,
Old 6th February 2009, 02:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Holy crap, pick it up without thinking twice! Legendary Toyota reliability combined with a 4AGE silver-top that will make a B16 shudder in fear. ITBs baby!
Old 6th February 2009, 12:23   #5

Yeah thats my Baby. Its a fantastic Car and one would love to drive it around the city. I'm planning to sell it coz I owned a Nissan Patrol and had to give it back due to some dicrepencies with the papers and want to own another 4 x 4.

Cheers,
Tom.
Old 9th February 2009, 22:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Holy crap, pick it up without thinking twice! Legendary Toyota reliability combined with a 4AGE silver-top that will make a B16 shudder in fear. ITBs baby!
I think you read the wiki Page on the Sprinter Marino.

You are mistaken if you think it has the 4A-GE, my bet it has the 115bhp 4A-FE.
Old 10th February 2009, 04:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Lol, actually I was talking to a couple of AUS/NZ-returned friends and they vouched for it over a Civic B series. I just assumed this would have a 4AGE, dunno why. No way to tell which engine it has until a pic is shown, though
Old 11th February 2009, 02:05   #8
BHPian

Mates..

I am now confused......

There is Tom who is willing to sell his Sprinter marino manual gear for 4.5 and T-Bhpians asking for 1L and 2L.....

In this current thread I have got PMs' and replys to go ahead any buy the sprinter marino for 4L

I think I should wait till I get a right opinion on the car....

V1p3r... will try to get the images of the engine and post....

mura... V1p3r was not wrong with his views on buying this ride as he assumes it to be a sprinter marino with 4A-GE engine which till date is the best ever made toyota engine...

But I would not blame any of you guys or me myself as i am not really sure of the same... as Toyota Sprinter Marino has 3 Versions which is confusing on what Trim is the one I am buying

the 3 Trims produced
  • Marino X - 4AFE - 5SPD MAN, 4SPD AUTO ECTS option available on A/T
  • Marino X-Limited - 4AFE - 5SPD MAN, 4SPD AUTO ECTS option available on A/T
  • Marino GT - 20V 4AGE - 5SPD MAN, 4SPD AUTO ECTS option available on A/T

Will keep you updated guys
Old 13th February 2009, 12:43   #9
BHPian

If you get the VIN no from silver plate under the hood i can tell you what model, trim, engine, gearbox, original color, Manufactured plant ect.

And again my bet is it has the FE and not the GE.

And OT: the best engine Toyota has ever produced is the 2JZGTE.
Old 13th February 2009, 20:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
And OT: the best engine Toyota has ever produced is the 2JZGTE.
I would have to agree. How about a writeup on your car? Would love to hear about it! Pretty close behind are the 3S-GTE and the 4AGE. All Toyota engines are built bloody strong, though.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:54   #11
BHPian

1997 Nissan Maxima V6 or Toyota Sprinter Marino

Hi Mates

I am confused between

1997 Nissan Maxima - 3.0 L V6 Petrol and

Toyota Sprinter Marino - 1994 Petrol

Nissan:
Pros- Excellent Pickup, Pleasure Long Drive
Cons - Mileage

Toyota
Pros - Mileage, Looks
Cons - Comfort (not on par with Nissan)

Expert BHPians... please review and update me....

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:58   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Closest I have come to a Maxima is a 2001, and found it to be a very nice car. Not familiar with the Toyota. Between the two, I guess I would take the Maxima. It's newer of the two, and apart from the mileage (it wasnt a fuel guzzler), it should be the better bet.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:39   #13
BHPian

Which model of the marino is this they came with an engine called the 'black top' if im not mistaken, supposed to be very fast. PLs correct me if im wrong, there was one for sale on the classifieds section
Old 5th March 2009, 14:43   #14
BHPian

Nissan Maxima anyday. What a pleasure to drive it.Doesn't have such a bad Fuel efficiency as other American equivalents. Go fot it, you wouldn't repent it.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:35   #15
BHPian

Nissan Maxima 1997 gives 5 kmpl in city and 9knpl on the highways. the best quote after final negotiations is 3,10,000/-

Toyota Sprinter Marino 1994 gives 10kmpl on an average (9 for city, 11 for highways) and the final quote is 3,25,000/-

Both cars are single owner and auto-gear

I will be using the car for city drive mainly to commute between home to office. and occasionally for longdrives.

Please suggest the best option.

I am planning to go for MAXIMA and try for few days, if I can manage the car with atleast 8kmpl then I think it would be a good decision but 5 is too low.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks