Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 17:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Choice #1. Honda Accord.

Choice #2. please refer to choice #1.

if you can wait till march (or march end) accord V6 3.5 is being launched!

if you want to go for a used BMW...go for 325i, of course with warranty from the dealer!

note: a new car is a new car....used car is a 2nd hand car!
Old 21st February 2009, 19:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

If I had that budget I would head only in one place: to a Honda showroon. No doubt about it: Accord AT if you want to get the max. fun with the least niggles.

If I could burn more, I would also strongly consider Camry; and maybe Teana and CRV. However, these do not sell well in India, but are as good as Accord, though more expensive.

Last edited by vasudeva : 21st February 2009 at 19:18.
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:16   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
If I could burn more, I would also strongly consider Camry
The Camry may be more expensive, but that doesn't necessarily make it better. Car versus car, the Accord has a fresher / newer design, more powerful, larger interiors and better ride quality. As you know, the Camry is a CBU and thus costs more than the locally-assembled Accord.

Toyota plans to assemble the Camry locally soon. That ought to give us a good fight.

@ Speeding160 : News is rolling in of an Accord V6 launch. With over 250 horsepower, you really can't get more bang for the buck!!
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Accord seem to have a boot which is less then 400 liters, if that is an importent criteria.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:12   #20
evo
BHPian

The Accord is just so much better value than a BMW 3 Series, though personally, I`m not in favour of either of the current generation cars, preferring the ones from a generation ago.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:09   #21
BHPian

V6 out in March....that pretty much clinches the deal! As much as i would love a used 320, I can't miss out on this 3.5L beast! I had a wishlist for the accord when the Honda Execs Acura TL was photogged a couple of months back! Heres hoping it comes with the sunroof/better suspension & nicer rims! will head down to Courtsey and figure out by when we can get more details...
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:34   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
V6 out in March....that pretty much clinches the deal! As much as i would love a used 320, I can't miss out on this 3.5L beast! I had a wishlist for the accord when the Honda Execs Acura TL was photogged a couple of months back! Heres hoping it comes with the sunroof/better suspension & nicer rims! will head down to Courtsey and figure out by when we can get more details...
Perfect choice & perfect time of launch. Seems like Honda heard your prayers

It's a total no-brainer now, put the money down the day bookings open!
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:05   #23
evo
BHPian

V6 accord with better suspension. Droooool!
Old 5th March 2009, 18:45   #24

I have a Passat, and honestly I can confidently say that it was the worst decision I ever made. It wouldn't have been so bad had I been in Europe but here its horrible. Please, don't even consider it. I am regretting it everyday.
I have an Accord too and am simply gaga over that car. Its amazing!! Just get that and don't even think!
However, if you can wait, wait for the Superb, I am hearing good things about it, but can't be sure about this VW/Skoda business here! And also, its gonna be much more expensive, 25 Lacs I believe!!
Old 6th March 2009, 11:05   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosse View Post
I have a Passat, and honestly I can confidently say that it was the worst decision I ever made.
Sorry to hear about your experience. How long have you had her? Is the driveability killing you or have you had reliability issues? Related thread
Old 6th March 2009, 11:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosse View Post
I have a Passat, and honestly I can confidently say that it was the worst decision I ever made. It wouldn't have been so bad had I been in Europe but here its horrible. Please, don't even consider it. I am regretting it everyday.
A similar disconnect is happening for me. Have seen the VW Jetta ads. Personally it looks good enough to me, has good ratings from independent car mags (not considering Indian rags). Jetta is coming with I think a 2+2 free warranty, 45K maintenance package. However, a big turn off is the experience of a majority of Skoda owners, the customer is always wrong attitude, and their `premium' pricing without giving anything for it except heart burn.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Let me tell you something

When i give my skoda for a service, I am on tenterhooks and calling to find out what is happening
Replace Skoda with GM and that has been my experience with them.
Old 7th March 2009, 10:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Buy whatever car you want to buy .Just dont buy a second hand skoda.And in your case the superb.The car is definatley a great package but the service will kill you.I say this from experience.Had a minor accident and my car was with the dealer for 4 months becuse he could not source the parts.And the ones he could were expensive enough for me to sell my kidneys.
Old 7th March 2009, 16:01   #29
evo
BHPian

Have prices of used 3`s come down due to the facelift?

Also, wasnt someone saying that used A4 V6`s were available at decent prices?
Old 31st March 2009, 15:15   #30

Speeding@160 - any updates?
Did you go for the Accord V6?

Does anybody have a ready comparision table on the 2.4 Accord and the Accord V6?
Is the engine the only difference?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks