Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 18:12   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With an OTR of >25 lakhs, I don't think he'd have gone for the V6.

Updates?
Old 31st March 2009, 19:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Speeding@160 - any updates?
Did you go for the Accord V6?

Does anybody have a ready comparision table on the 2.4 Accord and the Accord V6?
Is the engine the only difference?
In addition to the 275PS 3.5L V6 engine, the Accord V6 has :
  • 225/50 R17 wheels/tyres.
  • Different, aggressive body kit.
  • Dual exhaust.
  • Lots of little knick knacks all over, like illuminated side step garnish, chrome garnishes, wood inserts etc etc as standard.
  • Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control.
  • Full size alloy spare wheel.
  • Cruise control.
  • Variable Cylinder Management (3/4/6 cylinder operation depending on load)
  • Active Control Engine mount. Reduces vibrations caused by unbalanced engine during VCM operation.
  • Active Noise Control. Once again, reduces noise caused by VCM operation by using active out of phase sound to cancel out such irritants.
I suspect Honda used their standard accessory pricing for all the little garnishes and body kit parts to arrive at the price. Looking at some of these accessory prices, one can really see where the 6L premium goes the most.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:40   #33
BHPian

All the so called goodies + V6 engine for 6-7 lac more!!!

Seems to be a difficult choice.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:54   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
  • Different, aggressive body kit.
  • Dual exhaust.
  • Lots of little knick knacks all over, like illuminated side step garnish, chrome garnishes, wood inserts etc etc as standard.
lol. Those 3 are hilarious. The body kit is 55K extra and not part of the V6. The only extra bits are the inspire grill and the duck tail spoiler. The inspire body kit is 25.35L whereas the standard V6 is 24.8L ex showroom.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Eh, I was looking at the brochure and it mentions only V6 Inspire. No V6 Standard business.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:07   #36
BHPian

goddamned honda...screwed up pricing again!!! i went in for the test drive of the Superb, jeeezzz it is great! way nicer goodies! drive is best described as 'mehhh' but the fully loaded package when compared with the Honda's frugal provisions is a major bonus. still have not decided. i may just have to put it off for a bit now.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:33   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
goddamned honda...screwed up pricing again!!! i went in for the test drive of the Superb, jeeezzz it is great! way nicer goodies! drive is best described as 'mehhh' but the fully loaded package when compared with the Honda's frugal provisions is a major bonus. still have not decided. i may just have to put it off for a bit now.
Did you test drive the newer V6 petrol Superb? It will be far from 'mehhh'
0 to 100km/hr is claimed to be 6.6 seconds !!
Old 14th April 2009, 18:55   #38
BHPian

I think V6 Superb and V6 Accord are beyond the said budget.

If I were you, I would have taken a TD of Accord (2.4L) and Superb petrol (1.8).

Expect better fuel efficiency from Superb, since its a 1.8 L motor.

Raneesh
Old 15th April 2009, 11:44   #39
BHPian

Bang on Raneesh...i did TD the 2.4 & 1.8.

SAHIL - Just got back from a business trip; the V6 Passat came out when i was travelling. Have not had a chance to check out the newbie but will do so shortly.

On a side note..i was driving the ES350 in Canada and realised that Toyota is missing out in this bracket! The 3.5V6 is a MONSTER! i'm pretty sure it hit 0-60mph in under 7/8 seconds! Too bad the whole CBU racket toyota is pulling would put this baby well into the C/3/4 range..

need to decide within this month...will keep updating!
Old 16th April 2009, 09:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SAHIL - Just got back from a business trip; the V6 Passat came out when i was travelling.
You mean the Superb V6? Or there's a Passat V6 that haughty VW haven't bothered to market?
Old 16th April 2009, 10:34   #41
BHPian

Buddy, you have mentioned all the cars , Accords, Superbs, Passats, what about Toyota Camry.
If possible TD one today and you may change the decision, Toyota is also No 1 in service if that helps.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Buddy, you have mentioned all the cars , Accords, Superbs, Passats, what about Toyota Camry.
If possible TD one today and you may change the decision, Toyota is also No 1 in service if that helps.
Needlessly expensive, underequipped in comparision to younger blood, uninspiring to drive, shockingly expensive spares, tacky interiors (IMO), not exactly very well built (atleast my TD car was rubbish), ultimate expression of non-VFM. Just this one, the Toyota badge wasn't and isn't enough to sell the car.

Looks quite good though
Old 16th April 2009, 13:14   #43
BHPian

flying spur - they do have a V6 passat but not in India; my mistake as i mis-stated the superb for the passat. Since it came up..you should check out the Passat CC - Its a looker! By far the most beautiful VW ever!

gary - i have driven the camry several times > bom-pune expressway & city. Spur got it right..shame that toyota pitches it as a CBU and brings it in so much more than the accord. Which is why i mentioned the ES350 which is the Lexus equivalent of the Camry 3.5v6. Outer beauty & Inner Beast - excellent car..more than worthy of competing with the Super & Accord v6s!

Always disappointing how despite paying 80%-120% more for the same car (India vs Canada/USA/UK/Singapore/Thailand) we get such basic trims....Indian & its protectionist policies!
Old 16th April 2009, 14:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

After all the heat generated on Skoda by TBhp, are you seriously considering getting one? The Accord V6 is atrociously priced. But what are the choices if we leave out the Skoda, Honda and Toyota???
Old 16th April 2009, 15:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
flying spur - they do have a V6 passat but not in India; my mistake as i mis-stated the superb for the passat. Since it came up..you should check out the Passat CC - Its a looker! By far the most beautiful VW ever!
I'm aware of the V6 as well as the CC. Wish they sold the latter in India at the price point they're at right now!

Quote:
Always disappointing how despite paying 80%-120% more for the same car (India vs Canada/USA/UK/Singapore/Thailand) we get such basic trims....India & its protectionist policies!
Don't bring that up again dude! Sensitive topic on this forum There's been enough debate about those words and on that topic. Gets exhausting, really

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th April 2009 at 15:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks