Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 23:02   #91
BHPian

congrats on the car..
why are you going specifically for a customcode remap?
I'd suggest you look at other options as well...
Old 5th May 2009, 23:20   #92
BHPian

remaps are the easiest, as it does not require any modifications and you get more out of your car, also you can remap to OE and get it back to original anytime you want with out any hassle, unlike FFE, CAI, etc.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
congrats on the car..
why are you going specifically for a customcode remap?
I'd suggest you look at other options as well...
Well because I really don't know what other options are available in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
remaps are the easiest, as it does not require any modifications and you get more out of your car, also you can remap to OE and get it back to original anytime you want with out any hassle, unlike FFE, CAI, etc.
Doesn't this mean that to revert back to OE the person doing this remap must bring his laptop etc at my premises. Not sure how practical it is. Also what if I again want to switch back to the non OE map.

I went through the t-bhp tri-phase reviews but it was sort of inconclusive about the advantages. Is it trivial to install (say compared to a Petes tuning box which is a breeze to install) ? Also will it work well with the Skoda's 3.6 FSI (I guess it will be known only after the installation )
Old 6th May 2009, 17:33   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
@entropy
Have you really pushed this car yet? How does a 7star luxury car perform with the pedal to the metal
karthik247, I'm still waiting for the car. The delivery is expected sometime in 2nd or 3rd week of June. Silver and beige models are immediately available but I wanted black - hence the wait.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Haven't you done a test drive?? May i ask why you picked this over the Honda Accord performance wise (luxury wise i understand).
Old 6th May 2009, 18:00   #96
Senior - BHPian

AWD and DSG. The Accord is less of a sports car and more of a highway cruiser.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Both are ~270bhp, both are V6's, both are ~3.5L. And between Honda and Skoda, we know who makes better performance cars.

Its a close call, thats why i wanted to know if he TD both of them and how the experience was.

BTW, is the Skoda AT or MT?

Last edited by karthik247 : 6th May 2009 at 18:07.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:12   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Both are ~270bhp, both are V6's, both are ~3.5L. And between Honda and Skoda, we know who makes better performance cars.

Its a close call, thats why i wanted to know if he TD both of them and how the experience was.

BTW, is the Skoda AT or MT?
Skoda is only AT. Also, Superb is only 260 BHP but the engine is 3.6, not 3.5...

BTW entropy, what other differences are there between the normal Superb and this one (except for tyres and engine)? The 3.5 Accord comes with a body kit and some other fancy features AFAIK

Last edited by f450 : 6th May 2009 at 18:13.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Well because I really don't know what other options are available in India.

Doesn't this mean that to revert back to OE the person doing this remap must bring his laptop etc at my premises. Not sure how practical it is. Also what if I again want to switch back to the non OE map.

I went through the t-bhp tri-phase reviews but it was sort of inconclusive about the advantages. Is it trivial to install (say compared to a Petes tuning box which is a breeze to install) ? Also will it work well with the Skoda's 3.6 FSI (I guess it will be known only after the installation )

If you just want to switch between OE and performance maps, then piggy back ECU is good option nut then again you get a physical modification, unlike just a remap, and yes for each remap, the laptop has to be connected, unlike the tri-phase, you can switch between maps with a button, but then again you get a physical modification. I would suggest you dont do any physical modifications till the first 3 services, then you can get them done, by then you will be use to the car and the car would be completely run-in.
With a remap, you spend 30-40k for first remap and about 1-2k each on next remaps.
Old 7th May 2009, 06:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't you done a test drive?? May i ask why you picked this over the Honda Accord performance wise (luxury wise i understand).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Well put ImmortalZ. If I may add apart from AWD, DSG - Comparatively better handling and steering feedback. From several reviews I gathered that Superb is more confidence inspiring at higher highway speeds. Please take a look at fastestlaps.com comparisons also. I didn't get my hands on either of the Accord V6 or Superb V6 but did indeed test drove Accord 2.4 and Superb 1.8 TSI. Liked Superb 1.8 nature better if that means anything ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
BTW entropy, what other differences are there between the normal Superb and this one (except for tyres and engine)? The 3.5 Accord comes with a body kit and some other fancy features AFAIK
Apart from alloys/tyres and the engine I'm not aware of any other difference as even the 1.8 TSI is pretty loaded. I guess we don't get Columbus unit here but all Superbs get only the Bolero HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I would suggest you dont do any physical modifications till the first 3 services, then you can get them done, by then you will be use to the car and the car would be completely run-in.
Thanks. Yes physical mods are a no-no. I might just go ahead with a remap only and hope things would be allright
Old 7th May 2009, 11:49   #101
BHPian

Fly in the ointment !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1292319-post55.html
Old 7th May 2009, 12:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Dude, just import the EVO X and put and end to your hunt.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:30   #103
BHPian

Sigh ! Settled finally for a 2.0 TDI PD

Well .. what an anti climax. From whatever scant reviews I could read off the internet, folks were not very enthusiastic about the 3.6 FSI Superb. E.g. whatcar flatly says to avoid this variant. Also couldn't get my hands on a 3.6 FSI for a test drive.

Later Mr. Practical turned up in my head and said buy a diesel. It would fetch a better resale after 2 years. Sigh .. what an end to my search.

Anyway, I plan to bring this 140 PS to a reasonable 175 PS using chipexpress kit that I have already ordered. With that I somehow hope to get sub 9 secs 0-100. I'm expected to get my diesel car by friday next week. Plan to run about 1000 kms without any chipping and then add the kit. I hope to resume my search after two years :-). Now I'm thinking if it would be a good idea or makes sense to change the stock 205/55 R16 to 225/50 R 16 as I'd like to maintain the ride quality but would like more grip. Besides to me wide tyres look neat
Old 15th May 2009, 17:58   #104
BHPian

Congrats dude for this buy.
Lets just hope you made the right decision.
Old 15th May 2009, 23:16   #105
Team-BHP Support

what a shame. but still, congrats. IMO use the car at least for 1000kms, get used to it and then remap it. otherwise you wont know what difference the remap made.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks