Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:03   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
what a shame. but still, congrats. IMO use the car at least for 1000kms, get used to it and then remap it. otherwise you wont know what difference the remap made.
Yeah true !! Anyway got my boring black Superb yesterday. First superb delivery in my city !! Loving the gizmos and the build quality. Engine noise is little bothersome in the front seats. Will post pics and my observations in a later post.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:06   #107
BHPian

Congratulations, Entropy for yet another ride in your stable.

Hope you have a good time with superb and its goodies. It sure is a shame that you did not get a beast that you were looking for, but I guess 2.0 PD Superb would be fun to drive and great VFM.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:05   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats entropy! Regarding the tyre upgrade, I say go for it ! 205 would feel too skinny once you have chipped the car. 225/60 would give you additional grip while keeping the sidewall height the same as OE size(since profile is relative to the width)
Michelin PS2's are outrigth performance tyres, they would hamper the ride quality. Suggest you get something with a better blend such as the PP2 or Yoko S-drive etc
Old 28th May 2009, 11:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Congrats dude for this buy.
Lets just hope you made the right decision.
Thanks abhayshanu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
what a shame. but still, congrats. IMO use the car at least for 1000kms, get used to it and then remap it. otherwise you wont know what difference the remap made.
Yes I'm waiting eagerly for the odo to touch 1K mark. It has reached only 200 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congratulations, Entropy for yet another ride in your stable.
Thanks Ardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats entropy! Regarding the tyre upgrade, I say go for it ! 205 would feel too skinny once you have chipped the car. 225/60 would give you additional grip while keeping the sidewall height the same as OE size(since profile is relative to the width)
Michelin PS2's are outrigth performance tyres, they would hamper the ride quality. Suggest you get something with a better blend such as the PP2 or Yoko S-drive etc
Thanks Sahil. The problem here is none of the dealers have the PP2 in stock and say would take several days. Anyway I'm waiting.

About the car itself:

- The ride is defn firm even with 205/55R16. Perhaps I was used to Civic. But it is never hurting. Potholes, bridge-deck joints all get noticed very clearly.
- The steering feedback is quite good and it is really lovely to hold that steering in your hand. Chunky and good grip.
- Gizmos quite a few. I feel that they should have provided car setup etc in the Bolero HU rather than the MFD. But anyway may be its just because I'm thinking on MMI lines.
- The PD engine noise is somewhat bothersome for city driving. Though sound proofing is decent but still I think Skoda could have done a better job. Or may be offered us a CR version instead of the clattery PD. However once it gets to the cruising speeds things settle down and it becomes a pleasant ride.
- The PD engine response is slow at sub 2K rpms. Even compared to Civic where slight throttle inputs got immediate response. However above about 2K this thing starts to fly. Just needs some practice for city driving.
- Haven't yet figured out how to keep footwell lights on while driving or if it is possible at all ?
- This car loves to stick to D2. Moving from D2 to D3 gives a slight jerk.
- I believe the sound proofing could have been better (e.g. I can hear too much of outside noise and my own car horns). May be I am biased after the Q7 experience.

I have covered about 200 kms so far - all city driving stop-go traffic and the trip computer 2 shows an average of 6.2 km/l. I guess it will improve with time once I have consumed about two tankfulls of XtraMile diesel.

All in all, I'm enjoying this car so far. It sure is a headturner esp. in color black and I got VIP parking in a mall without even saying a word . The upgrades planned in near future are:
1. Tyres upgrade to PP2 225/50 R 16
2. Chipexpress kit to take the power to about 175-180 Bhp after 1K odo.

Last edited by entropy : 28th May 2009 at 11:54.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:42   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Entropy- Did you upsize your tyres yet? Please report on the exchange costs and if you feel any difference in power/FE or steering feel?
Old 17th June 2009, 11:43   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Entropy- Did you upsize your tyres yet? Please report on the exchange costs and if you feel any difference in power/FE or steering feel?
Unfortunately Sahil - I'm still waiting for the tyre upgrade. The PP2 225/50R16 seems to be a very rare commodity indeed than what I had imagined at least in this part of India (UP). Anyway I'm waiting till they have this in their stock. Will update with pics and drive experience once it is done .. Sigh !! (<rant> Why we have to wait so long for every damn thing in India !! </rant>)
Old 17th June 2009, 12:14   #112
BHPian

Some exterior pics

Here are some external pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Which VFM Performance Sedan ? EDIT- Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI PD now bought!!!-dsc03620.jpg  

Which VFM Performance Sedan ? EDIT- Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI PD now bought!!!-dsc03622.jpg  

Which VFM Performance Sedan ? EDIT- Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI PD now bought!!!-dsc03623.jpg  

Which VFM Performance Sedan ? EDIT- Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI PD now bought!!!-dsc03624.jpg  

Which VFM Performance Sedan ? EDIT- Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI PD now bought!!!-dsc03625.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 23:53   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Here are some external pics of the car.
Nice tint on the car entropy.

And good choice of colour too.
Old 18th June 2009, 00:01   #114
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words in posts is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2009 at 06:03. Reason: See note. Check PM.
abhayshanu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th June 2009, 01:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car. The 2.0 PD is a good 'practical' choice. The 'Quattro' V6 would have been the ultimate, but not as practical.

About your tyres - look for the new Primacy HPs from Michelin. You can also try the Pirelli P7s which are good. I think in the size you are looking at you might also get Continentals Contact Sport (stay away from Premium Contact).

Cheers,
Old 28th June 2009, 15:58   #116
BHPian

Finally got 225/50R16 PP2 for my Superb. The hit was about 28K for a set of four after discounting the OE Goodyear replacement. Differences:

- Do not perceive any major differences in the driving experience.
- These are much silent than the OE ones.
- Ride has become more comfortable.

I was expecting PP2 to be stiffer and hence a bit more harsh ride but on the contrary the ride has become more supple and enjoyable. Took to highway to about 150 and the car felt very planted and silent (Except for the PD purr). Overall I feel this was a good investment. It gives more confidence also as next week I'm going to plonk the chipexpress kit with about 175 PS setup.
Old 28th June 2009, 16:11   #117
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Entropy, how do you find the turbolag within the city? Annoying or takes getting used to?
Old 28th June 2009, 16:18   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have covered about 200 kms so far - all city driving stop-go traffic and the trip computer 2 shows an average of 6.2 km/l. I guess it will improve with time once I have consumed about two tankfulls of XtraMile diesel.
Congrats on your new ride.
Please use regular diesel.
Old 28th June 2009, 16:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Entropy, how do you find the turbolag within the city? Annoying or takes getting used to?
I would not say annoying but certainly it takes a bit of getting used to. After some time one gets a handle of the amount of inputs required for city driving. For the highway runs I hope the kit would help in quick overtaking. In stock form I would say it is just about adequate but I would prefer a quicker response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Congrats on your new ride.
Please use regular diesel.
Thanks cooldude1988765. The dealer folks have adviced me to always go for the premium diesel but I guess they don't have a clue. The manual just says to go for a cetane number of 50 or higher. I guess only premium diesel fits the bill ?
Old 28th June 2009, 18:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks cooldude1988765. The dealer folks have adviced me to always go for the premium diesel but I guess they don't have a clue. The manual just says to go for a cetane number of 50 or higher. I guess only premium diesel fits the bill ?
I highly doubt if premium diesel has a higher cetane number. Premium petrol has same octane as regular petrol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed