Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 10:07   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats entropy ! Great choice, was hoping you'd pick the V6 Superb too.

After the Q7, I am sure you can be a lot more carefree while driving the Skoda Besides, you have a well sorted garage, a car for every need/place in town. The i10 and Innova sure do come handy in crowded areas.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
congrats man do let me know after 2 years when you are selling the car after the horrendous depreciation
He he .. Sure. BTW My Civic V AT (Oct/2007) 6400 kms (red) is up for sale. Will put an entry into the relevant t-bhp section soon. if anyone is interested
Old 27th April 2009, 10:49   #63
BHPian

Dude best of luck, and try not to dent or get into a accident till the 3 free services are done with, i.e 10k kms as those skoda guys (wanted to say something else but i have to follow rules) are just hungry to eat your money.
There is also 1 more thing i would suggest, ask around people who have skodas, ask them about the A.S.S, and see which dealer is not the worst amongst them.
Hope you are in bombay or atleast comming to the meet on 22nd, we all would love to see this tamed beast.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
There is also 1 more thing i would suggest, ask around people who have skodas, ask them about the A.S.S, and see which dealer is not the worst amongst them.
Hope you are in bombay or atleast comming to the meet on 22nd, we all would love to see this tamed beast.
Thanks Sahil, abhayshanu and all for the congrats. Finally booked the car today. Superb v6 3.6 FSI 4x4 in black color. Delivery would take 2-3 months as I'm told. The sales staff and the dealer folks were quite responsive and eager to please. I did the booking at my home and did a second short test drive of the 2.0 TDI on sports mode (as I had asked them to bring the car for second looks).

So far overall a positive experience and I can notice an improvement compared to two years back when no one seemed bothered to sell a Laura to me (let alone test drive).

Lets hope the good experience continues. Now waiting for the v6 beast.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:37   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thanks Sahil, abhayshanu and all for the congrats. Finally booked the car today. Superb v6 3.6 FSI 4x4 in black color. Delivery would take 2-3 months as I'm told. The sales staff and the dealer folks were quite responsive and eager to please. I did the booking at my home and did a second short test drive of the 2.0 TDI on sports mode (as I had asked them to bring the car for second looks).

So far overall a positive experience and I can notice an improvement compared to two years back when no one seemed bothered to sell a Laura to me (let alone test drive).

Lets hope the good experience continues. Now waiting for the v6 beast.
Black looks good on the Superb. But if you want to be a little more "carefree" i'd recommend silver as black is very hard to maintaining since scratches show very easily.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

^+1 ,i have had a bad experience myself with a black car.absolute nightmare to maintain.even my driver's crying all the time and doesn't let me use the car saying that "saab abhi to saaf ki hai, aap koi aur gadi le jao".lol.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:45   #67
BHPian

Congratulations, Entropy.

I test drove Superb 1.8 TSI over the weekend and was really impressed. I am sure you would be very happy with the 3.6 V6 variant.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:48   #68
Team-BHP Support

congrats. good choice. im sure youll enjoy it. skoda also seems to be trying to improve.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:04   #69
BHPian

I really hope they are, having such awesome cars but a bad A.S.S made it very unreasonable to buy, but if they are truly trying to improve than WOW, now a skoda seems quite a good buy.

Also i am using a black car and yes it is hard to maintain, but getting a layer or two of clear coat will make it shine more and the scratches will not be seen much. I apply wax once a month, the scratches nearly disappear, like they never were, once 1 have applied wax, i dont have to apply again, it is only when a new scratch joins the family do you have to apply, but unfortunately i dont drive the car, so almost every month there is a new scratch, so iv made it a point to apply each and every month
Old 3rd May 2009, 01:12   #70
BHPian

I have two mods planned immediately after I get the vehicle

1. Get a stage-1 remap from Petes (Custom-Code) perhaps to around 300 bhp or so. Would have liked higher but Stage-2 is not planned immediately.

2. Get wider tyres. The OE ones are 225/45 17. I'd like somewhere around 255/40 17. What options do I have in this range ?.

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2009, 01:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Get a stage-1 remap from Petes (Custom-Code) perhaps to around 300 bhp or so. Would have liked higher but Stage-2 is not planned immediately.

2. Get wider tyres. The OE ones are 225/45 17. I'd like somewhere around 255/40 17. What options do I have in this range ?.

Thanks
Michelin Pilot Sport 2

225/45ZR17
235/40ZR17
245/40ZR17
Old 3rd May 2009, 09:50   #72
BHPian

Good choice on the Superb. I loved the car, but the horror stories on this forum were too hard to digest. Just couldnt take the risk. Keep us updated on the servicing etc, should make for interesting reading to see if they have really improved.
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Michelin Pilot Sport 2

225/45ZR17
235/40ZR17
245/40ZR17

Why dont you go in for 19"ers? They would look SUPERB on your superb ()
Also get a free flow and a conical intake if not a Cold Aid Intake, both these things are quite good and help quite alot, cost of both will be around 25-30k.
If you think that FFE is just for the noise then you are very much mistaken, it really improves the low-mid range torque.

I can suggest a awesome thing to you but...
I really dont know the hesistation on your part but i would just go and buy and install it.
The V6 does not come with a turbo, so why not go and install a Turbo, not a big one just a medium one and then get a FFE, CAI, ECU remap or even a new ECU, but i wont suggest getting one now, get it later, it is just a suggestion.

Also so when is the V6 coming home? the date?
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Dude. It's a Skoda. With an FSI engine. Don't screw around with the mechanicals or you'll regret it.
Old 3rd May 2009, 19:34   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So finally today is the d-day for booking. I'm pretty much set on the 3.6 FSI. As I read on some other forums this engine is the same as R36 albeit a detuned one (Same as 3.6 V6 on Q7). Plus a 4 wheel drive option is too delicious/inviting to ignore.
Congratulations, great choice from an enthusiasts POV. Do update us with a detailed ownership thread once you take delivery.

Also, make sure you keep a close eye on her when she goes in for 'em services. Skoda dealers are a nasty lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed