Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I have two mods planned immediately after I get the vehicle

1. Get a stage-1 remap from Petes (Custom-Code) perhaps to around 300 bhp or so. Would have liked higher but Stage-2 is not planned immediately.

2. Get wider tyres. The OE ones are 225/45 17. I'd like somewhere around 255/40 17. What options do I have in this range ?.

Thanks
Congratulations for the new car, Superb has always been an excellent choice and the new generation really takes the game alot further. I for one am in love with those aston-martin like tail lamps.
Although I really do not intend to play spoil sport to your excitement but do think about the planned mods once again. We at tbhp are well aware of Skoda's after-sales and God forbids if anything goes wrong with your superb I am sure they will have reasons and excuses to void your car's warranty due to the mods, even when they might have nothing to do with it.

Regards.
Old 4th May 2009, 04:36   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Michelin Pilot Sport 2
225/45ZR17
235/40ZR17
245/40ZR17
Thanks. So 245 are indeed available. Good. Somehow couldn't find the 245/40 17 on the michelin.in site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Good choice on the Superb. I loved the car, but the horror stories on this forum were too hard to digest. Just couldnt take the risk. Keep us updated on the servicing etc, should make for interesting reading to see if they have really improved.
Arigato-gozaimasu. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed. Dou naru ka mada wakaranai desu ga .. maa ikkai demo Skoda tameshi katta kara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Why dont you go in for 19"ers? They would look SUPERB on your superb ()
Also so when is the V6 coming home? the date?
Wow. Thanks abhayshanu. That's giving me too many ideas. Let me revisit this after I find out how inadequate the stage-1 remap is. I'd like to retain 17 inchers as ride quality is also an important factor from family usage point of view. No delivery date has been comitted by the dealer except for sometime in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Dude. It's a Skoda. With an FSI engine. Don't screw around with the mechanicals or you'll regret it.
True. At least for a year or until I can restrain myself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations, great choice from an enthusiasts POV. Do update us with a detailed ownership thread once you take delivery.

Also, make sure you keep a close eye on her when she goes in for 'em services. Skoda dealers are a nasty lot.
Thanks GTO. Yes services are something I'll be keeping a close eye on. Esp after all the incidents we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Although I really do not intend to play spoil sport to your excitement but do think about the planned mods once again. We at tbhp are well aware of Skoda's after-sales and God forbids if anything goes wrong with your superb I am sure they will have reasons and excuses to void your car's warranty due to the mods, even when they might have nothing to do with it.
Thanks for the caution note. The tyre upgrade should not be a problem I presume. Of course remap could potentially void the warranty if discovered. Let me decide this after I get the car.

All in all, this Superb looks like a VFM alternative to an A6 to me. That is the sole reason why I'm going ahead with this car.

Last edited by entropy : 4th May 2009 at 04:40.
Old 4th May 2009, 21:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thanks. So 245 are indeed available. Good. Somehow couldn't find the 245/40 17 on the michelin.in site.
Its there

Michelin India - Pilot Sport 2
Old 5th May 2009, 18:20   #79
BHPian

Excellent choice, and I'm afraid I've reached this thread a bit too late. I'm very surprised nobody mentioned the Laura RS at all....
Old 5th May 2009, 18:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't exactly exist in India, does it?
Old 5th May 2009, 18:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't exactly exist in India, does it?
When we're discussing Evo's etc., why not this?
Old 5th May 2009, 18:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
When we're discussing Evo's etc., why not this?
Who says we're not.. Search around, its been discussed
Old 5th May 2009, 19:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Who says we're not.. Search around, its been discussed
I just read through all the pages on this thread...nobody suggested a Laura RS!
Old 5th May 2009, 19:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I just read through all the pages on this thread...nobody suggested a Laura RS!
I meant on the forum.

@entropy
Have you really pushed this car yet? How does a 7star luxury car perform with the pedal to the metal
Old 5th May 2009, 19:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

One of the reasons could be that the Laura vRS does not reach the magical $40k mark to qualify for import. The EVO X on the other hand, does. Besides, why import a Skoda when there are so many other choices going down that route?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 5th May 2009 at 19:35.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
One of the reasons could be that the Laura vRS does not reach the magical $40k mark to qualify for import. The EVO X on the other hand, does. Besides, why import a Skoda when there are so many other choices going down that route?
But isn't the Laura RS going to be launched in India pretty soon? Forgive my ignorance

I'd assumed that it was coming here pretty soon, and since he entropy was prepared to wait for the 3.6 anyway, I thought he might as well wait for this...
Old 5th May 2009, 19:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

The Laura has a petrol variant coming, supposedly. Might not be the vRS. Besides, a 3.6FSI V6 or a 1.8TFSI L4? I'd take the V6.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:55   #88
BHPian

Quote:
The Laura has a petrol variant coming, supposedly. Might not be the vRS. Besides, a 3.6FSI V6 or a 1.8TFSI L4? I'd take the V6.
Donno how good the Laura RS is meant to be, but the Octi RS is a more than able competitor to the 3 litre Accord (prev gen)..I'd spend 8-10L less and take the RS.
Old 5th May 2009, 20:40   #89
BHPian

Laura vRS (supposing we would get it sometime in future) would not have fit fully with my requirement as I also wanted ample rear leg room  alongwith all the bells and whistles. Besides the lure of V6 and 4x4 is just too great to resist (Budget wise I am Ok upto 30 L).

As I have mentioned earlier I feel Superb is like a VFM A6/5 series alternative.

Last edited by entropy : 5th May 2009 at 20:42.
Old 5th May 2009, 22:09   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Congratulations for the new car, Superb has always been an excellent choice and the new generation really takes the game alot further. I for one am in love with those aston-martin like tail lamps.

Regards.

Then instead of a remap why not go in for a tri-phase from viper, it will give almost equal performance gain, but even if you get a remap, there is no physical change, the only tune the ECU map which can be reset to original as and when you want.
For everything else before going to them you can remove the mods and keep on original, then they cant say anything.
Even if supposedly the mods damage the car in anyway then they wont know, you can just blame them
Closed Thread

Most Viewed