Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 11:55   #31
BHPian

Hi rude7.
Good to see you are looking for a more sensible option in terms of long term ownership.
Well what kind of money would you want to spend on a car like this? Whenever you post a price range, importance of fuel economy(and type) will enable the people here to guide you better.
Audi Q5 would be the way to go if I were to buy one in the luxurt segment. The car is just sweet. For driving the BMW x3 but it looks a little dated.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Hi rude7.
Good to see you are looking for a more sensible option in terms of long term ownership.
Well what kind of money would you want to spend on a car like this? Whenever you post a price range, importance of fuel economy(and type) will enable the people here to guide you better.
Audi Q5 would be the way to go if I were to buy one in the luxurt segment. The car is just sweet. For driving the BMW x3 but it looks a little dated.
No audi
I hit the alto 4 times when i was reversing the car and around 3 times to the walls and damaged the doors.Luckily,that being a maruti it did not cost much.But audi comes under ultra premium segment right .And price range never mind,but maintainence should not cost very very much ,like a 30K for a door and a little scratch

You meant this regarding 7 series ?
Old 25th May 2009, 13:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
No audi
But audi comes under ultra premium segment right .And price range never mind,but maintainence should not cost very very much ,like a 30K for a door and a little scratch
yes,ultra premium segment,and its not 30k , its 90k for a small dent job and paint on the door.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:18   #34
BHPian

Hey R7, Definately the best out of the lot, i.e From Merc S Class, and Audi 8.

I would definately recommend it! I went to the BMW Workshop on saturday evening, and i saw a freshly polished White 7 series, and it was looking gorgeous! It means business! Best thing is its looks are such, that it would look great even if self driven, unlike the A8 or S Class or the previous 7 Series (which look good only with a chauffer).

Go for it, i would say, and the BMW Workshop here is also great, very friendly and attentive staff, thou, you really have to push them hard to do anything out of the book
Old 25th May 2009, 16:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey R7, Definately the best out of the lot, i.e From Merc S Class, and Audi 8.

I would definately recommend it! I went to the BMW Workshop on saturday evening, and i saw a freshly polished White 7 series, and it was looking gorgeous! It means business! Best thing is its looks are such, that it would look great even if self driven, unlike the A8 or S Class or the previous 7 Series (which look good only with a chauffer).

Go for it, i would say, and the BMW Workshop here is also great, very friendly and attentive staff, thou, you really have to push them hard to do anything out of the book
Hey thanks insane devil.That adds up some info to me.morphin1 gave me a very nice advise.

I have heard that the Merc S and the BMW 7 are cars that have a lot of problems.It would be better if you get some first hand feedback from actual owners as you dont want the car to be sitting in the showroom for half the year.

That's what me,my cousins and father is doing right now.In our circle,we got some mercedes E class owners,but not S and 2 730Ld owners and one audi q7 owner.These are from hyderabad.Me or my cousins will be meeting them in person and will ask them about it's performance,comfort and any accidents etc.We also got some BMW 7 series owners in mumbai.Soon I will be gathering information meeting them.

It's confirmed that we are buying an ultra premium car,but before buying we are just gatherin information regardin it's usage and maintainence.It's not a low amount and even though we can afford to buy two bmw 7 series ,we just don't want to waste money without having any knowledge on the car.

we will book the car by end of this june or in july 2nd week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
yes,ultra premium segment,and its not 30k , its 90k for a small dent job and paint on the door.
you're good at breaking the ice bro
Old 25th May 2009, 17:22   #36
BHPian

Good luck with your hunt, R7, but i think you will not gain any more than u already have by asking other owners about it, as these cars are so fine so advanced, there are hardly ever problems with them. There were some problems initially with the Merc C Class, GTO here has had some problems with it before, but after that, generally nothing.

You could just go and book the car, rest assured, you will enjoy every moment of its ownership!

Also, You could also keep in mind the JAGUAR that has launched last week in India, officially! lovely car!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 25th May 2009 at 17:23.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Good luck with your hunt, R7, but i think you will not gain any more than u already have by asking other owners about it, as these cars are so fine so advanced, there are hardly ever problems with them. There were some problems initially with the Merc C Class, GTO here has had some problems with it before, but after that, generally nothing.

You could just go and book the car, rest assured, you will enjoy every moment of its ownership!

Also, You could also keep in mind the JAGUAR that has launched last week in India, officially! lovely car!
yesterday night I've met one of the bmw 7 owners and he told me nothing.He said "we bought this car to show our status".And they use the car very less,unless to pick up important delegates coming from other countries and they are happy with the car.No problem with the car according to them.

And my devil friend we're not going to take any car other than Bmw or mercedes.Jaguar,a big no for that.since it being a new car,we don't want to take a risk.

And I have requested a car for starters,I did not get enough replies.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I have requested a car for starters,I did not get enough replies.
Please start a new thread for that, its difficult to discuss a 7 series & an Alto in same thread
Old 27th May 2009, 00:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday night I've met one of the bmw 7 owners and he told me nothing.He said "we bought this car to show our status".And they use the car very less,unless to pick up important delegates coming from other countries and they are happy with the car.No problem with the car according to them.

And my devil friend we're not going to take any car other than Bmw or mercedes.Jaguar,a big no for that.since it being a new car,we don't want to take a risk.

Hey R7,
Its not amusing thou, your friends purchase story, as most of the people in India buy these luxury brands for that. Unfortunately very few ppl are there who really drive these cars to their limits, or use this as their "daily drive" or a "go everywhere car". Keeping a car like that is bound to get you scratches around bumpers and body, but hey! whats the fun of depreciating a car without even using it! If you use it scantily, you aint gonna get a very good resale of it at all, maybe a couple of lakhs more than a good used one! So as well use it as a daily go everywhere car, and enjoy the comfort/pleasure/luxury of such beauties throughout ownership.

My 5er gets abused pretty good, i even take it to old city n all, u know what i mean and i drive it like i drove my tucson around. ok, so that did give me a few nicks on my bumper, and one big tri-scratch on it, and its due to be painted next week, but hey, i love it! and it pinches me no more than any other that i drive.

The 7 is a huge, but not for long. once you drive it around for a couple of weeks, you get pretty used to its lenght. You know how much space it requires for a u-turn or a cut, and then you are game! As long as you keep to scratches and small tinks, you are fine, but the moment you blow one of the pdc's or some electronic stuff, you are in for a big bill! hahaha...

Which color you going for? White? Saw a white and a Monaco Blue today at the workshop, the white looks way too good!
Old 27th May 2009, 08:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:

you're good at breaking the ice bro

sorry, i didnt get you bro

if you are definitely ordering the car,do take the ambient lighting and LWB version package.car looks good in alpine white.i hav azurite black and i hate it.if you want any rare colour then take a barbera red or toledo blue
Old 27th May 2009, 09:26   #41
BHPian

i would personally get myself the M3 "hardtop" convertible. great power easy to drive. looks like million bucks. has a hardtop so can use like normal car or roadster whenever you want. night driving around the town would be so much fun.

if you are going for the baddi gaddi wale look lolz then get those cameras on the side of the both bumpers(vision package?).for the 7 series you get the rear camera also. which assist you in parking this will help you as you are learning to drive!.

7 series is a big one. i think this is the longest one among all the 3 German saloons. 52XX mm. if you get the 360 by cameras vision it will make your day to day driving easier.

also get the diesel . v8 petrol is good but these car drink petrol like a drunk guy doing Taquela shots lolz.

as for merc s class i think they are gonna facelift her in 2010. and audi is old but i love audi for its sheer unique look factor. its design is timeless.

Last edited by Caramelo : 27th May 2009 at 09:27.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:19   #42
BHPian

The Porsche Panamera.
4 doors, 4 seats.
17 exterior colour options
10 different interior colour options (leather)
twin clutch, 7 speed automatic Porsche doppelkupplung gearbox
adaptive air suspension
4.8 V8 400bhp (0-100kmph in 4.8secs) & 500bhp (0-100kmph in 4.0secs) option,
extendable warranty upto 9years
etc etc.

Option definitely worth a consideration.
Attached Thumbnails
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-porschepanamera_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg  

Last edited by doctorque : 27th May 2009 at 10:24.
Old 27th May 2009, 12:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Any reason why we dont get the swb 7 in india ?
Old 27th May 2009, 12:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Any reason why we dont get the swb 7 in india ?
Simple: There will not be a buyer pool that will justify bringing in the car, maintaining the inventories across dealer network and selling it.

For South East Asia (Including China) where drivers come cheap, LWB is the most desired option. For the price the customer pays, they will not mind the additional leg room at the rear. For European markets where these machines are mostly self driven, swb is the car of choice.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Simple: There will not be a buyer pool that will justify bringing in the car, maintaining the inventories across dealer network and selling it.

For South East Asia (Including China) where drivers come cheap, LWB is the most desired option. For the price the customer pays, they will not mind the additional leg room at the rear. For European markets where these machines are mostly self driven, swb is the car of choice.
I don't know about the wheelbase. After seeing shreyas post I've seen that in wikipedia.why is it so important whether it's LWB OR SWB ? Does it adds any safety to the car ? and according to wikipedia "bmw 7 and mercedes s class" have long wheel bases. What's the importance of LWB.

Most Viewed