Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 20:52   #61
BHPian

BimmerPost | BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog Site||Information covering the entire range of BMW cars is nice but Bimmerfest: BMW Forum, BMW Research, BMW European Delivery, 335, M3 is the best BMW forum available.

team-BHP, of course, is a lifesaver for specific Indian automotive scene.

Anyways, keep the thread updated R7.

Cheers!
Old 28th May 2009, 20:53   #62
BHPian

Oh thanks for that BEAMER BOY once again.I am going for the secure package though.I think mercedes has the same package ?

And regarding pictures,if at all we want to buy a new car any time we always book the car on June 18th.It's a lucky day for us and our company.But the dealer guy said,sir if at all there is no stock in chennai,then you have to for 4 month to get your car.So,I will book the car as soon as I get the call from the dealer guy and with in 1 day car will be delivered.And soon will send the car to registration.I want the number 7 and I want the district with registration code 7 then it will look nice.

Bmw 7 series,Number 7 and registration district also 7.Actually today we've asked discussed regarding the number.One of my cousins told me to get 730,then car model and number look same.But it did not sound so good for my father.

So,pictures are going to take a while or else if I am too excited,then i will post immediately and for High quality pictures,I think my camera is not so good.only average quality pictures,if you tell any one best high quality camera,I will buy that for you people and take pictures.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

I highly doubt the bmw secure is only 1 lakh. Please check on that. Have you test riven the 7 already ? If not please do so you might want to change the RF tyres to tubeless before your car even hits the road IIRC insane devil did something like this. I have driven and been diven in a 7 (the previous gen) with RF tyres and tubeless and the difference is like night and day.

Here is a price list of the BMW service packs.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 28th May 2009 at 21:54.
Old 28th May 2009, 23:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I highly doubt the bmw secure is only 1 lakh. Please check on that. Have you test riven the 7 already ? If not please do so you might want to change the RF tyres to tubeless before your car even hits the road IIRC insane devil did something like this. I have driven and been diven in a 7 (the previous gen) with RF tyres and tubeless and the difference is like night and day.

Oops! Cool Dude...important points:

* The link was entered by me. These prices are for Service Inclusive (Whenever they were prevailing; not sure of the current prices).
* Secure & Service inclusive are 2 separate offerings. Secure for my 530d if I remember correctly came for 65KINR. So for a 7er, 100KINR sounds reasonably close.
* I remember E65/E66 (Old gen 7er) coming with Normal tubeless radials ONLY. Where did you find an old 7er with Runflats???
Old 29th May 2009, 08:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

My friend's 745 had run flats.
Secure does not include all the maintainence expenses right ?
BSI secure ultimate (or something like that) costs close to 4L (as mentioned by you in the qouted post). Even if it is not exactly right it will give a ballpark estimate right. Give or take 50k
Old 29th May 2009, 09:14   #66
BHPian

R7, do think about replacing the RunFlats... They really make the ride harsh.
And mate, was it I who mentioned that Delta Motors is opening a workshop in B.hills? eh..i dont remember saying that, and i know for sure they are not. Was talking to the owner the other day, and he didnt want to open any more workshops.

Well, even better on the color front, Alpine White-3 Was itself very good, now you are getting an even better shade!

Good luck with the number! In case you dont have a person to get it done, let me know.

Mate, i suggest for the 7, you also go for the BSI+R package. The maintenance is all covered in this package, and will be worth it for the 7er. Its a so called extended "Warranty" and includes oilchanges/brake pads/discs changes and other small maintenances.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 29th May 2009 at 09:19.
Old 29th May 2009, 09:17   #67
BHPian

My friend's 745 had run flats.
Secure does not include all the maintainence expenses right ?
BSI secure ultimate (or something like that) costs close to 4L (as mentioned by you in the qouted post). Even if it is not exactly right it will give a ballpark estimate right. Give or take 50k

Runflats on 7er. That's news.

For the rest of it, we are talking about two separate offerings:

BMW Secure: For accident repairs. Covers the depreciated component of an insurance claim. (Price: 100 K approx for 1 years)

BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate (BSIU): Covers Repairs & Maintenance for given number of years & kilometers. (Price: 400 K approx for 5 years)
Old 29th May 2009, 09:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post

The cost of secure package for BMW 7 series according to the dealer guys is 1.15L or may be 1.5L.I think I did not listen to him properly.But still,I remember him telling the price of secure scheme is 1.15L only with 4 tyre replacements.
Old 29th May 2009, 11:42   #69
BHPian

delta motors dealer guy called me now to give the status of my mineral white.And I've asked him about the BSIU.

He says that BSIU or BSR(according to his language) is only for engine and servicing.And Bmw secure is for exterior of the car.

BSIU comes in two packages

5Years with 60,000Km priced at 2,87,500 INR
5years with 1L Km priced at 3,92,500 INR

with 2 years unlimited Kms after the purchase of the car and this can be transferable if the owner wants to sell the car.

And BMW dealers are authorised to give only RFT but not normal tubeless tyres.

I've asked him if there any owners who had taken both the BMW SECURE AND BSR packages and dealer guy replies me with yes.

Even I am interested to take Both the packages and need an advise on that. And yeah BMW SECURE comes with 1 year warranty for 1.15L as said before.

And the ground clearance is only 147mm,does it effect me when I take the car to ghastly roads of my town ?

Insane devil,you didnot mention about the new service centre.Air bus was telling about it,please don't mind though.And it's sad to hear that they are not opening another service centre.And regarding number,all of our suvs were fancy numbers only,my dad is a die hard fan for 9.So,I know this guy who is very good at getting us the numbers.But for this car,we I mean only me strongly protested to get number 7 for the car and 7 is very much cheap,comes around 10K (initially if there are no auctioneers).If at all I don't get the number,then sure I will seat in your 3-series .But thanks for your help though

And once if the vehicle gets to hyderabad,I myself want to do a test drive,even though I am not good at driving and also I never touched an AT vehicle.And my question is

do I feel comfortable in driving an AT car ? I mean I've just started learning driving.I can drive a car,but I am very much scared.Today evening I am going to drive a recently released accord which has an at.One of my friends have got that last month,So I will drive that too,but BMW is different right.I want some answers regarding this ! please
Old 29th May 2009, 16:07   #70
BHPian

R7,
AT is the easiest one could drive! In fact, it is so easy, that ppl in Australia i know, they give their driving test in Automatics only, and Many of them dont know how to drive a Manual tranny!

Its just a matter of getting used to it, takes maximum 5 minutes of driving around, and you are already getting perfect ! Best part is that the BMW Auto Tranny lever is the best one around. It is an Electronic shifter, wherein the Shifter is in one central place all the time, wether in Drive/Reverse/Park/Neutral. Only take it to left for the Sports mode. And you dont even need to take the Shifter all the way up to "P" position,(as u will see you do in the Accord) while switching off your car once parked. here you just switch off the engine and walk out, it automatically engages the "P" mode when the engine goes off.
Old 29th May 2009, 17:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
And BMW dealers are authorised to give only RFT but not normal tubeless tyres.
I am sure insane devil can help you regarding this. IIRC he got his RFT echanged before his 5 hit the roads.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:28   #72
BHPian

Hey!

Sorry people if the information was mis-typed. Their actual plans are to make the trimulgherry workshop as a permanent body-shop including paint etc., and the prospective new workshop specifically for servicing.

Of course, their plans are always subject to change but every time i have spoken to them, they have shown positive confirmation towards service expansion to ease their daily stress.

Anyways, BSIU is comparatively very cheap between the various BMW's.

The BSIU package that i am buying for my '3' is Rs.2,09,800/- (5yr/60K) and Rs.2,98,000/- (5yr/100K) in Hyderabad. So, for an expensive car like the holy '7', the BSIU price increase is only a little.
It is a good decision, nevertheless, which will keep you smiling always.

Hail the holy '7'!
Old 29th May 2009, 23:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
R7,
AT is the easiest one could drive! In fact, it is so easy, that ppl in Australia i know, they give their driving test in Automatics only, and Many of them dont know how to drive a Manual tranny!

Its just a matter of getting used to it, takes maximum 5 minutes of driving around, and you are already getting perfect ! Best part is that the BMW Auto Tranny lever is the best one around. It is an Electronic shifter, wherein the Shifter is in one central place all the time, wether in Drive/Reverse/Park/Neutral. Only take it to left for the Sports mode. And you dont even need to take the Shifter all the way up to "P" position,(as u will see you do in the Accord) while switching off your car once parked. here you just switch off the engine and walk out, it automatically engages the "P" mode when the engine goes off.
Man ! Accord is just awesome or the AT is awesome.Just 1 time instructions from my friend,I had a very nice drive,on an empty road though

Keeping my leg on brake,moving the shifter to D and there you go the car starts.I enjoyed driving automatic very much.AT is just a god's gift for learners like me.

I think because of AT,even my dad will be showing interest to drive the car.

And thanks Insane devil,I am really excited with your post and waiting for the holy '7' (airbus style).
Old 29th May 2009, 23:50   #74
BHPian

And here's my car overall configuration:

2009 BMW 730Ld

Exterior : Mineral white
Interior : Oyester dakota leather
Interior trims : Ash green anthracite
Alloys: Chrome 21' star spoke 311

Packages:

1.Innovative package
(adapative head lights, headup display,bmw nightvision with person recognition)

2.Dynamic Drive package
(dynamic drive,integral active steering)

3.Rear view camera

Engine: 3.0L v6,2993 c.c 245bhp at 4,000 rpm with 540 NM torque at 1750 r.p.m to 3,000 r.p.m

Insurance Packages:BMW secure + BSIU (5years with 60k).

And I am going with RFTs for a while and If I don't feel comfortable with them,then I will change them.And the alloys I've mentioned they take 25 days as they are not available with the car and need to be ordered separately.The alloys which come with the car are 18'.And my doubt is can I find black coloured 21' alloys for my 7 ?

And is it good to choose 21' for this 7 series and I am posting the available alloys of BMW,please do tell me which one is good !
Attached Thumbnails
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-bmw-7-6.png  

Attached Images

Old 29th May 2009, 23:53   #75
BHPian

the interiors which you see in those pics are the same I am going to get in my 730Ld which is expected to arrive on next wednesday.I am just posting those pics to give a pic how the interiors look and I don't have another option to change them and I got compromised with it.And the dealer guy says there are some retrospect fittings if I want for additional.

And I am done with my home work .Now I need to start learning about interiors and how to handle the electronics inside the 7.any guidelines to use the best of the electronics in the car ?

Last edited by F50 : 30th May 2009 at 00:14.

Most Viewed