Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 12:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The Porsche 911
The basic car with PDK Porsche Doppelkupplung is sorted. Twin clutches, Direct fuel injection, faster than M3, far more practical than a GTR. Warranty upto 9 years, 24 hour assistance programmme.

There are sportscars and then there is the 911.
You dont leave any opertunity to make a sale my friend, but somehow i like that.
Yes on this point i have to agree with you the 911 is faster than the M3. The porsche would stand out better than the M3 cause sometimes for the unknown it does come across as the 3 series and that you would not like. The Nissan would in the 80 lakhs range like mentioned in the GTR thread and you have to import it yourself. The 911 with the service backing here would be the ideal car to have, unique and yet practical to use. I know someone and so would you Doctorque who uses his Turbo as a daily ride. I would put my money on the Porsche. You do not need to necissarily get yourself a Turbo even a Lower Variant would do. The options to modify these cars are also there, but seriously you wont need too.

Doctorque what about the yellow one standing in the showroom, Did a certain someone talk to you about it in exchange or something for his boxster?
Old 8th June 2009, 13:05   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid porsches for only one reason. very low ground clearance. I know of atleast one boxster and one 911 (both hardly used) for sale in bombay for 40-55lakhs. the owners tell me they scrape every undulation on the road; not to mention speedbrakers and potholes.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:29   #78
BHPian

@ Tejas
you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
Any who buys a sports car in India knows that some kind of care has to be shown while choosing what road to take and where not to go.
BTW GTR is much lower, and if there is one sports car which can be practical in country no bar, it has to have its 1st name as Porsche.

@ Speedy
buddy i was not intending to sell the Porsche man, just tried to add some facts amd figures right. Have no doubts as i love the M3, but again a 911 will always be just that, a Nine Eleven.

The yellow 911 in the showroom is a Pre owned Carrera S (what a beauty that is) and i think its almost sold too.

Last edited by doctorque : 8th June 2009 at 13:31.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Avoid porsches for only one reason. very low ground clearance. I know of atleast one boxster and one 911 (both hardly used) for sale in bombay for 40-55lakhs. the owners tell me they scrape every undulation on the road; not to mention speedbrakers and potholes.
@ Tejas if you are reffering to the silver Boxster then that car is being sold cause the owner is bored of it. There are plenty of exotics that are for sale and it usually happens before the first service of the cars. The roads to some extent have their disadvantages but they are just a blameing factor for the owners. I am sure they were well aware of the road conditions before they decided to go ahead and buy the cars. IF you drive the car properly and know which roads to avoid there would be no issues. My friends cars dont give them much trouble as they are aware of the repurcusions of even speeding on Marine drive. In my opinioun the Porsche and the SL would be the better car to own in a city like Bombay.

Quote:

@ Speedy
buddy i was not intending to sell the Porsche man, just tried to add some facts amd figures right. Have no doubts as i love the M3, but again a 911 will always be just that, a Nine Eleven.

The yellow 911 in the showroom is a Pre owned Carrera S (what a beauty that is) and i think its almost sold too.

Hey dont take it personally my friend, all i meant to say is i like the attitude. I love all the sports cars, but then if you want the total package of looks, practicality and two seater then porsche it is. If you want to be a shadow then M3 it is.

Yes that i know. i was talking to a friend and he mentioned it to me. The car is a stunner with the kit and he wanted to change the wheels as he does not like the current ones on. I think he is the one taking it.

Last edited by speedy : 8th June 2009 at 13:46.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:00   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

What i was referring to were cars up for sale atleast six months ago. My friend (potential buyer) and me checked them both out. One was a red color one and the other a blue. I think one was to be sold by some diamond merchant who was buying a 7series instead.
And the reason for sale for both these was the low GC. This guy said he could not take altamont road due to one speed braker at smokin joes.
Don't take it personally, i love the 911; this was the reason given for sale by both existing owners.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What i was referring to were cars up for sale atleast six months ago. My friend (potential buyer) and me checked them both out. One was a red color one and the other a blue. I think one was to be sold by some diamond merchant who was buying a 7series instead.
And the reason for sale for both these was the low GC. This guy said he could not take altamont road due to one speed braker at smokin joes.
Don't take it personally, i love the 911; this was the reason given for sale by both existing owners.
Hey Tejas, I am not gonna take anything personally i do not own the car companies my friend .

Smokin Joes speed breaker. I could understand if it was the carmaechal road speed breaker. This speed breaker has had the Ferrari, Dodge viper, SLK, SL, Porsches and lambo go over it. Yes it has to be real slow and one tyre at a time, but they have crossed. Most of the cars coming to Altamount come up from Jaslok or kemps corner.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
The Porsche 911
The basic car with PDK Porsche Doppelkupplung is sorted. Twin clutches, Direct fuel injection, faster than M3, far more practical than a GTR. Warranty upto 9 years, 24 hour assistance programmme.

There are sportscars and then there is the 911.
My god doctorque! u won't let anyone harm your porsche brand, now would you? Impresive.
But yes offcourse a 911 is an exhilerating machine. Top of the notch.
It aces in handeling.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:57   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hey Tejas, I am not gonna take anything personally i do not own the car companies my friend .

Smokin Joes speed breaker. I could understand if it was the carmaechal road speed breaker. This speed breaker has had the Ferrari, Dodge viper, SLK, SL, Porsches and lambo go over it. Yes it has to be real slow and one tyre at a time, but they have crossed. Most of the cars coming to Altamount come up from Jaslok or kemps corner.
"Personally" was for mr docotorque. BTW doctorque, i am a potential customer, though 5 odd years down the line. So start grooming your customer from now.

Speedy, ya it's the same one at carmichael road that i was to reffering to after smokin joes towards jaslok.

Anyways, we are all going OT here... back to civ.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
My votes with the R8 - you wont ever bother saying 'not unique' again. And its an Audi at that , you wont have any regrets.
R8 ? or are you talking about the basic version of the A8 ? basic A8 costs around 89L and R8 is ABOVE A CRORE!
Old 8th June 2009, 20:07   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This guy said he could not take altamont road due to one speed braker at smokin joes.
OT but i have seen a red 355/348 (dunno which one it was) going over that speed breaker. im sure if your friend tried to take it at an angle he wouldve made it.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:44   #86
BHPian

How much does the 911 in the talks cost?
Old 9th June 2009, 10:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
R8 ? or are you talking about the basic version of the A8 ? basic A8 costs around 89L and R8 is ABOVE A CRORE!

Dude google R8.then you'll know what it is.Its a sports car by Audi.Not the A8.lol.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:27   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
OT but i have seen a red 355/348 (dunno which one it was) going over that speed breaker. im sure if your friend tried to take it at an angle he wouldve made it.
Correct. However, he said that it becomes a pain on a regular basis when there are cars coming from the opposite direction because then he has to wait, cause a jam, till he can maneuver the car one tyre at a time going sideways on using both sides of the road.

@ Takumi-san, R8 is above a crore. It costs Rs 1,17,00,000 (ex-showroom Delhi without C.S.T., transportation, etc.).
Old 9th June 2009, 20:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Dude google R8.then you'll know what it is.Its a sports car by Audi.Not the A8.lol.
google ? excuse me , you should hav read my message twice before replying and telling ME to GOOGLE for a car that im GOING to get.
he asked for a car below a crore and that other person asked him to get the R8 WHICH IS MORE THAN A CRORE.I own 2 AUDI's and don't I know about the R8 which is only 12 lakhs more than my present A8 ?
Old 10th June 2009, 22:35   #90
Senior - BHPian

So what if you have all those cars.Lol.Money can't buy one brains.Good that you have them though.

Well i read your message again and well you were right and i was wrong.My apologies.

But having these cars doesn't entitle you use a get all worked up on a reply.Alright.Keep the Ego off the forum.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed