Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Service backup is a big problem with the Nissan. That and the huge number of caveats they added to the 2009 GT-R's service agreement means you'll pretty much have no warranty at all here, even if you service it at a Nissan showroom (for warranty, you need to service it at and only at specific showrooms that cater to the GT-R - which don't exist in India).

BMW has official support here. And with those excellent extended warranty coverage policies which you can buy for BMWs, maintenance will be headache free. The M cars are also more reliable than the standard BMWs which they are based on, according to the Top Gear ownership surveys.

The GT-R is a real dream car for me. But the harsh realities in India means I won't be able to use it like it needs to be used. So it'll end up being a show car that I can just strut around in. But it is no show car. No fancy badge, no Italian body design... Thus it becomes useless. The M3 (or the R8 for that matter) can be used everyday. That makes it a winner in my book.

Also, if you get yourself an NSX, I'll turn green with envy. Fancy that, I don't care about another M3, but a discontinued, overpriced, underequipped (like all Hondas? ) car makes me all hot and bothered.
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:26   #47
BHPian

Nissan service is horrible here in Hyderabad. They can't even work on my X-Trail properly. I don't think they even have a service centre in Vizag.
I own an M3 in the US and I must say that U cannot go wrong with it. It's unbelievable to drive. The service here in India is pretty good too but I dont think BMW service is in vizag either. Although, I am pretty sure that they come from hyd to vizag to service cars
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
SO bottom line, get the Carrera / R8 and you will stand out everywhere. Get the M3 / C63 / RS4 and you will still stand out amongst car freaks, but will be lost in the crowd.

PS: My vote for Carrera, R8 or M3 (Great service plans!)
I second that. M3 will still be a 3 series to the layman, C63 will still be a C class, RS4 will still be an A4. Carrera or R8 are the fanciest headturners you can get for that price. And R8 no doubt wins the contest, with its outright sports car looks, sleek lines and LED's. No doubt you'll be the envy of Vizag if you get the R8. Last I checked, a basic R8 would cost you around 1.12 ex-showroom in Hyderabad which comes up to around 1.3 on road. A full loaded would cost you 1.47 or so.
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
a basic R8 would cost you around 1.12 ex-showroom in Hyderabad which comes up to around 1.3 on road. A full loaded would cost you 1.47 or so.
And a basic 911 carrera would be 88L and top 911 targa 4s would be 1.15 all ex showroom.
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:52   #50
BHPian

Still waiting or the GTR quote.

As for the M3, My friend owns a 5 series and another owns a 320d, and people come down here to service it. So even if something goes wrong maximum i might have to wait if i get an M3 would be around a week.

And as for the statement about an M3 or a C63 standing out only with car freaks and not to other people may not be such a bad thing.

The civics in my group which have minimal modifications attract so much of attention and people dont care whether they are scratching the paint. they just want to take photos. end result is that being Galaxy grey it is really tough to match color for a repaint.

Immortalz - Being a honda fan, an NSX is like the Holy Grail for me
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:07   #51
BHPian

Get the 6 series man! I am looking to pick one up soon too
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:13   #52
BHPian

Why don't you get the Jaguar ?
Its a pretty uniquely designed car. Although I don't know the technical details of it.
And, ahem, we have TATA service centers all around India

IMO BMW/mercedes have become too common and you won't have the uniqueness.
Old 3rd June 2009, 01:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Why don't you get the Jaguar ?
Its a pretty uniquely designed car. Although I don't know the technical details of it.
And, ahem, we have TATA service centers all around India

IMO BMW/mercedes have become too common and you won't have the uniqueness.
Expect Jaguars to become common too in a few months. They are opening showrooms all over the country.

@civ: Are you considering the R8 or the 911?
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
CL63AMG - THE sexiest car out there.

M3 - Awesome

GTR-Skyline - A little bit 'Too Fast Too Furious' types imho..

And whoever suggested the Terrafugia - Hilarious!

bro adding my 2 paise here

we got an Audi A8 in feb of this year without knowing anything about the car and the service.In the second week of april our audi a8 met with a minor accident which costed 1.8L after insurance reclaims.

Audi maintainence is pain everywhere,unless you have big pockets.Why to lose such a hell amount of money for service ? My dad is not using his audi after the accident,he allowed me to touch the car for the first time *tears of joy* and going for 1 hr drive in the late nights with me driving the car.He is regretting for buying that which was out of our range.

Don't make a mistake like us,we're selling that audi a8 in aug to our uncle whose getting back to india.

Vizag roads are best for driving or one of the best in our andhra pradesh.Please take a M3 and if you feel it as no-unique factor,then take c63 amg or m5.

according to my friends,bmw and mercedes service is cheap,fast and best

My solid suggestions.

bmw >> m3 or m5 or 6 series

mercedes >> c63 amg,it's 78L ex-showroom and reaches arodun 98L on road.

be wise,don't get fooled like me.

Last edited by BmwAddict : 3rd June 2009 at 10:45.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

@civ4647: so have you decided on any car yet? As most of the people here are saying, the M3 is a great car to have. BMW backup is also good so you don't have to worry about the maintenance. Otherwise, the GTR is the best performance car you can ever buy in that budget. That's Ferrari performance for M3 money
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
@civ: Are you considering the R8 or the 911?
the R8 costs 1.2cr so it's out of his budget. And he doesn't like Porsches for some reason. May be he hates Richard Hammond and follows Clarksson

Last edited by theragingbull : 3rd June 2009 at 18:47.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
the R8 costs 1.2cr so it's out of his budget. And he doesn't like Porsches for some reason. May be he hates Richard Hammond and follows Clarksson
I was hoping he'd stretch it a little bit!
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread; making it more colorful: )
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-am_vantagev8_160_1440x900-medium.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-mb_cl65_905_1440x900-medium.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-audi_r8_423_1440x900-medium.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2009, 23:28   #58
BHPian

Nothing can beat the BMW M3 E92 ! THE BEST PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR !
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-3526563825_b06192d9a7_b.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-3526580003_156274c393_b.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-3527373754_f650737152_b.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-3527378466_7c238dfd6e_b.jpg  

Suggestions for a new car under 1 crore-delivery_1.jpg  

Old 4th June 2009, 10:32   #59
BHPian

I've seen a M3 at Juhu, Mumbai, and the road presence is awesome.

The car is well known for its driving capabilities and please don't take it in dark blue, its way to common on the 3/5/7
Old 4th June 2009, 10:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

It looks quite menacing, doesn't it?

Bangled or not, I like that side profile. The alloys and the coupe body make it work I think.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks