Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:26   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Guess that would be max i'd need to spend on the car..............lf should something happen to the suspension.
@ Vikas,

So finally what did you decide ? Did head or heart rule your decision ?
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@ Vikas,

So finally what did you decide ? Did head or heart rule your decision ?
Hi Ravindra,
Well, the decision stands pending as of now. Need some serious brain-storming as to which road to take
Old 12th July 2009, 01:05   #33
BANNED

dont think the car is there anymore think its sold ? who is the dealer in mumbai mate ?
Old 12th July 2009, 13:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the car is sold, why would you think it is jesal? Jesal do you have any 525tds's for sale?
Old 14th July 2009, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Its better not to buy that car,as our other members pointed out clearly the points.Generally,a BMW owner does not sell the car in India,if not have fallen into big pits.You are seeing those problems as minor ones,but,they are most common serious problem of BMWs.
If you love BMW,go for the brand new model which suits your pocket,even if,the M3 does not allows your pocket right now,just wait when your piggy bank gets the right ammount of savings and also,dont think ever to drive a new one through busy narrow streets,scratches are very expensive to be healed.
Old 17th July 2009, 02:57   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I dont think the car is sold, why would you think it is jesal? Jesal do you have any 525tds's for sale?
no but i am finding a w124, maybe you can help me ? how much did u buy your 01 e class mate ? where is this bmw located. i want to have a look, if nice ill pick it up. kindly let me know the dealer address.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

There is a nice E300D W124 1994 model reg 1996 Automatic advertised in Times classified today.

I paid Rs. 23.5 in 2003 (insurance, NCB, and 6 months warrenty included). If you check previous pages I think BMW was a trade in at Infinity!

Best of luck
Old 18th July 2009, 20:32   #38
BHPian

[quote=canonball;1388528) If you check previous pages I think BMW was a trade in at Infinity!
[/quote]

the beemer was wid a dealer sometime back... but he never really seemed interested in selling it... when i enquired last, he was out of india...
Old 18th July 2009, 20:37   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
the beemer was wid a dealer sometime back... but he never really seemed interested in selling it... when i enquired last, he was out of india...
who is the dealer though. can you pm me or give the details. whats your scene like. are you buying this or not.
Old 27th July 2009, 02:21   #40
BHPian

See bro (love ) u may not get this 5 series but u will get some other , there are
2 things to keep in mind u will be go happy guy till you get parts out side and fix your car out side BMW(still expect 10 -20 K repairs every time u visit local Guy who will milk you down with 50 % over the price of parts as he knows u drive a 5 series as he is fixing it ) ,but then buy a 5 series only if one fault comes up and can be fixed no-where but only at BMW and u can pay for it because for a car this year old things and issues will surely crop up

And if you ask for advice then i will not tell you to live in fools paradise the cost of this car is as much as u can spend in one year just by keeping this car ,there are so many cars which will give u as much as fun as like this ( for eg Skoda RS though terribly expensive to keep- but do not ever comapre it to what u will have to spend ) For much less money

If you want to show Off pals that u drive a 5 series then i would suggest you to keep at least a budget of 20 lacks if u find a old import 2005 2006 ( just to buy it an fix it )

And in 2nd case if you love driving and want a BMW then there are a lot many cars
where u can buy and upgrade and u dont actually dont need this car
believe me if you keep it for 5 years this is nowhere near the price you mentioned
its going to cost you 3-4 times more money if at all fixed at the right place

very- very sorry for sounding harsh in advance but at budget of 30 - 40 lacks as of now i am not able to afford a car like 5 series ,it fails my reasoning on how u will maintain this while elephant ( and please guys this advice is straight from my heart so i dont want any arguments if you find my calculations worng please ignore my reply )

Last edited by rubin2006 : 27th July 2009 at 02:35.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
who is the dealer though. can you pm me or give the details. whats your scene like. are you buying this or not.
Here is the add for the car Jesal.

1998 BMW 525TDS FOR SALE (NEW SHAPE), mumbai, India
Old 27th July 2009, 15:54   #42
BHPian

Think twice guys before you are going to buy a second hand BMW with a price tag nearly 25 L,for that reason,you can get brand new entry level model 330i highline version at about 30 L,and from my personal experience of having both Brand new and old,older BMW are often problematic.
Our first M3 one had "just" a problem of her headlight set of right side,sevice guys said the whole set need to be changed-do you know what the price they quoted at the year 2000? 24K.
I am a beemer lover,I love BMW,will love BMW in future,I want to see more lovers like me.But,keep it in mind,buying a Beemer may not hurt you,but,servicing a beemer will do definitely.
A new car,though from entry level,will not hurt you economically for atleast 5 years.
Almost each and every section of BMW is factory sealed components,so,you can not go for repairing-you have to replace it-be it auto trans box,head light nav set or the LED at the doors.

Last edited by abhishek_bmw : 27th July 2009 at 15:56.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

I agree BMW's (most german cars) that are not under any warrantee or the 5 year protection now offered by BMW are like a white elebhant, both abhishek and rubin are right you will cry
Old 27th July 2009, 20:48   #44
BHPian

Thank you cannonball for understanding my point.
As these thread was started for BMW,I mentioned only BMW,but Cannonball you are right-Nearly all German cars come to this condition after 5 years run.
One more point to add,there are some (?illegal) device are sold,mainly they are made in some small European countries,now,I saw their Ad on Alibaba.com(China made).What are they?they are hand held device (not very expensive) can be connected to some ports of BMW dash meters-THEY ARE USED TO RESET ALL THE METERS.
I heard in Euorope,some car users reset it at a regular interval,to keep even their company service booklet clean-so,all the second hand owner will get a manipulated car showing less run!
Before buying a BMW,I will suggest you,my friends,join some dedicated BMW forum (google search will give good results)-please know the basics.
BMW is different ,from others in the way,that,its nearly all mechanisms are controlled by micro computer runned programs.
The radiator problem in some models in BMW is NOT due to thermostat failure,BUT due to some bugs in the particular version of program which controls it.The company in Germany and all European country offered to flash the that specific component's software to a newer version free of cost,to all the buyers having BMW Genuine insurance.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:02   #45
BANNED

the owner is not responding at all. left a few messages but no reply. i guess hes not selling or not watching his own ads. oh well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks