Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 16:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes or BMW under 12L

I will try to answer -

Quote:
1. the interior leather does feel used and old (the car is after all 6 years old). the area near the auto-window buttons has become a bit fluffy. plus the door handles feel kinda sticky, as if the heat and moisture has actually affected the rubber
Most likely this will be chauffeur driven , poor chap must have waited for Sahib for longer durations in heat ..

Quote:
3. there is no duplicate key, the dealer says the owner lost it (how bad a sign is this?)
Sometime one does lose and never bother to buy a new one , I lost mine on X6 but double check - if there were some finance issues ?
Quote:
4. on test drive, the car feels quite responsive. steering is a bit heavy, and the suspension is not very supple, but i think those are characteristics of the 3 series (please correct me if i am wrong)
Yes- its heavy

Quote:
5. dealer claims all papers are available including registration tax receipt, insurance etc., and i can take the car to a bmw service center for servce history check and a technical evaluation. but he wants me to pay a token of 25k before
You don't need to take car - borrow key from him and take to nearest BMW workshop , you will get complete history from the fob . Normally dealerships are cooperative and will pass you this information . You can tell them that you want to buy this car and will be interested in getting BSI etc ..

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st March 2014 at 16:25.
Old 1st March 2014, 18:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Way over priced at least by 5-6 Lacs. Petrol Mercs don't hold their value.
Yes, a 2009 C220 CDI done 50,000 kms the dealer is not ready to settle for less than 17.5L, similarly a 2011 C220 CDI done 30,000 kms second owner, basic version without sun roof he is demanding 20L! But are you saying that a 2010 C200 CGI (pre facelift) elegance done 40K kms at 15L is over priced by 4-5L?, or you were referring to the CDI prices.
Old 8th April 2014, 16:41   #33

Hi Guys, I am new to Team BHP so request you to pardon any errors . I currently own a Skoda Octavia 1.9 rider diesel. Looking at the forum plus my longing for a Mercedes W124 I now wish to purchase one. A diesel W124 costs about 5 lakhs (1995 - present). Can you please help me out on the following avenues:

1) What could be the price of a well kept W124 petrol version ?
2) What could be the fuel consumption of a Petrol version?
3) Are the spare parts easily available in Mumbai? If yes can you guys please help me out with any top local mechanic in Mumbai?
4) What should be the exact model and vintage that i should be looking at?
5) I usually drive my car only on the weekends. So my scope list was BMW 316i or W124.. which one is better?

I have been working for an IT firm for 1.5 yrs and this will be my second car after the octy. Please let me know if i am being stupid and should stickt to the octy.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:49   #34
BHPian

I am negotiating for a pre-owned 2007 E200 K, its done 53000 kms. It's a classic trim, with optional leather interiors. I've checked the car visually, and other than polish, new set of tyres and alloy refurb, it seems ok. The service is also overdue by a month. Seller is asking for 10.50L .

When I told the seller that I wanted a Tech Eval at M.A.S.S and I will pay for it, I was told that he will not send the car anywhere as he uses the car daily. The seller has suggested that I bring any Mechanic to inspect the car, but only at his office. MASS or any service center is out of the question as far as he is concerned.

Since I don't want to buy a car which has some hidden gremlins in it, my question to all those who have bought pre-owned Mercs / Beemers is, Should I find an outside service center (any suggestions) in Mumbai who specialize in servicing these type of cars, or just walk away form this one?

Last edited by mikem : 14th April 2014 at 12:00. Reason: grammatical error.
Old 14th April 2014, 12:36   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
When I told the seller that I wanted a Tech Eval at M.A.S.S and I will pay for it, I was told that he will not send the car anywhere as he uses the car daily. The seller has suggested that I bring any Mechanic to inspect the car, but only at his office. MASS or any service center is out of the question as far as he is concerned.

Since I don't want to buy a car which has some hidden gremlins in it, my question to all those who have bought pre-owned Mercs / Beemers is, Should I find an outside service center (any suggestions) in Mumbai who specialize in servicing these type of cars, or just walk away form this one?
It is not that E200K 's are flying out of the showrooms. He will not be able to sell it that easily. My vRS took 2 months to sell and that is considered a popular car.

My guess is that either he is arrogant of hiding something. If he cannot trust MASS, who else can he trust!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 14:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It is not that E200K 's are flying out of the showrooms. He will not be able to sell it that easily. My vRS took 2 months to sell and that is considered a popular car.

My guess is that either he is arrogant of hiding something. If he cannot trust MASS, who else can he trust!
Thanks for the reply. Found another seller, who's more than willing for a MASS Tech Eval.

Last edited by mikem : 19th April 2014 at 15:08. Reason: Wrong information. Phone call with MASS cleared it up.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:03   #37
BHPian

Does it cost Rs. 33500 (8500 for electrical & 25000 for mechanical) for a Mercedes Technical Evaluation?

Shaman @ Kalina is quoting this ludicrous amount for a W211 E280 Tech Eval !!

Most Viewed