Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

W210 - E250D price check

Can anyone comment on 1998 or 1999 W210 E250D price ranges?

Some latest transaction related data/experience would help.

Last edited by canonball : 3rd August 2009 at 15:16.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I've seen these go for 7 lakhs. Thinking of buying? The W210 is far more spacious than its successor, yet IMHO, a terrible Mercedes. This car kickstarted Merc's built-to-a-cost philosophy and didn't prove the most reliable.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have u seen diesels at 7? Any leads? Did some research with people in the know (MB techies) and it seems this one is the least expensive to maintain, and relatively reliable. I believe the C (200 CDI) which i was tempted to look at is big trouble after 60k, and the W211 no less so after the w124 this is the best bet

Have got the entire parts pricing etc. So I think it is safer bet than the others, my running anyway is not more than 10k a year.

I drove a few and was happy with the pick up (better than my innova) and ride so I am content. I owned the CDI 210 earlier did not have any issue. The horror stories I hear are of the W203 and 211. I have spoken to 50+ C/E owners over the years and most have cried with the 203 & 211 and few some whom still retain their 210's have only the odd (1 out of 100) wiring harness issue. Infact most people traded these up because of the new CDI engines and models and not high maintaince cost if you notice.

Last edited by canonball : 3rd August 2009 at 21:02.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

The harness gets hard over time so windows/mirrors/lights start acting up
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi canon, have seen two E250d's go for 8l and 8.5l here. the 8.5l was a single owner and a very well maintained car.

the same version in the 220 cdi variant is going for around 9l to 9.5l here in hyd.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

What km's had the 2 E250D covered and how many kilometers have the e220 cdi done
Old 4th August 2009, 01:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think GTO's price as perfect.

Depending on the condition of the car and its ownership history, it would range between 7-8.5 lakhs max in bombay. I cant comment on other states.

My friend just purchased an immaculate, auto 250D done just 17,000 kms from the first owner for 7.50. This was a few months ago. I negotiated the deal as the seller was a very dear friend of mine too.

No bargaining, nothing. 7.5 asked, 7.5 paid, the deal was over in less than 30 seconds. The asking price for such a car would be a lakh more.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow V-16 that is indeed fantastic. Say what color was this 17k car? I hope I can get a similar one :( . 17k is indeed a good one say wouldn't that be a little bit of a disadvantage such low km's for a car nearly 10 years old I mean our climate is not condusive in the west it is another thing but here! If an old car is average run then fewer problems crop up but if not used at all and over 10 years don't you reckon there could be issues - Thinking out loud
Old 4th August 2009, 11:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
What km's had the 2 E250D covered and how many kilometers have the e220 cdi done
the single owner E250d had done about 60k kms, while the multple owner about 90k kms.

the e220 cdi's on the other had were extreme figures, the 9l one had xenon lamps, full upholstery done by stanley and had covered about 1.2l kms.

while the 9.5l one was a very well maintained with after market alloys. it had done just 40k kms.

ps: v16 sir, amazing pricing on that car!

Last edited by aadix : 4th August 2009 at 11:15.
Old 4th August 2009, 11:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

V-16 hook me up with a similar one mate

Thx aadix let me know if you come accross any for sale mate, cheers
Old 5th August 2009, 12:35   #11
BHPian

You should be able to get a better priced (pre-owned cars cost lowest) and wide variety (max # of luxury cars in India run here) to choose from in your home city... why look elsewhere and worry about inter-state registration, octroi, etc.,?

Quote:

Old 5th August 2009, 12:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

AirWind you have a point I am looking at maharashtra cars
Old 5th August 2009, 15:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow V-16 that is indeed fantastic. Say what color was this 17k car? I hope I can get a similar one :( . 17k is indeed a good one say wouldn't that be a little bit of a disadvantage such low km's for a car nearly 10 years old I mean our climate is not condusive in the west it is another thing but here! If an old car is average run then fewer problems crop up but if not used at all and over 10 years don't you reckon there could be issues - Thinking out loud
If i didnt know the owner very well and the history of the car i would be as sceptical as you bud. I know that this car did a weekly duty of highway runs to their bunglow at Lonavala, i doubt if it were used for any other purpose, hence the very low mileage. Tyres changed last year as the roiginal ones got hard and were not safe anymore. Their daily drive was an Accord and a BMW 3 series, besides many cars which they change every three years, mid you, those are also very low mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
the single owner E250d had done about 60k kms, while the multple owner about 90k kms.
the e220 cdi's on the other had were extreme figures, the 9l one had xenon lamps, full upholstery done by stanley and had covered about 1.2l kms.
while the 9.5l one was a very well maintained with after market alloys. it had done just 40k kms.
ps: v16 sir, amazing pricing on that car!
Would not touch a high mileage car if owners have been changed or if it does not have full history. No dealer offered high mileage cars please. ALso would stay away from Stanley upholstered cars. Why would anyone undergo a Stanley job on original top quality leather from the MBIL stables. That means the leather got spoilt. Leather does not get spoilt that fast. That means the car could have been a victim of flooding. Absolutely stay away from such cars as the electronic gremlins in the W210 would kill you.

Quote:

Sur thing. Ill let you know. Rather these good cars go to my friends than someone whom i dont know. Ill keep an eye out but when these cars crop up, there is a very small window of wait period, before someone else hears of them. One has to act immediately as always dealers are on the lookout and who would not want extra bucks for his car?

I have in the past been asked by team-mates for certain cars but when the car surfaced, they got cold feet. Of course the cars got sold immediately as the price was really tempting and then our friends again call me telling me to look out for more. i learnt they thought i was a dealer of something. Once and for all i would like to clarify that I am No Dealer. . Im a collector and enthusiast who is always willing to offer cars to my friends and i know of some people in the field hunting cars for sale, like we all have. I am not not making money out of these deals as i am not even involved in any aspect except probably negotiating a better deal if possible.

There was a pristine example of a W210 E240 almost new like which went for 7.75 around three weeks ago.

And im talking all Bombay if not at least Maharashtra numbers.

Last edited by V-16 : 5th August 2009 at 15:23. Reason: add
Old 5th August 2009, 15:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

v16 sir: what you said is very correct and true, but this particular w210 initally had fabric seats, so the leather job was done, but apart from that rest all points are pretty valid and should be kept in mind.

canon: a small doubt, why look at a w210, when good w203's are available at 10 to 12l?
Old 5th August 2009, 16:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

V-16 that was very insightful, I am ready will not get cold feet and no time will be wasted . All preperations including covered garage etc have all been kept ready. Infact have seen few cars already these past few days seeing some more as well. So Gogibhai mere liya gaddi la do na!

Gogi another point is that there were many w210's in fabric upholstry and mannual combo in the initial lot, and later some even opted for auto only. Saw 3 cars so far all auto's with fabric! What was the color of the 17k car? Did it have leather?

aadix more keen on w210 that too 250d for relative ease of upkeep/maintainence. Compared to the CDi's these are less complicated and more robust baring ground clearance. W203 are a big maintianence problem once they cross 50 to 60k I did some research on this.

Incidently got the inside and very reliable line on what these cars are valued at in the market today. Ready it is Rs. 6 Lacs for an average run (read 50K) immaculate E250D. This from a main man to all official MB company dealers/service stations etc. He never gets his numbers wrong

Last edited by canonball : 5th August 2009 at 16:07.

Most Viewed