Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 18:37   #46
BANNED

While people have suggested A4, based on the conservative principle (10% income as EMI), I suggest ANHC. You you like a bigger car, go for Accord.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:41   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
I can spend upto 5o lacs on a car
That's more like it! Head straight to the BMW showroom and plonk that money on a BMW 530D. Without doubt, it is one of the best driver sedans in the country. Plus, its got cabin room for 4 (5 if you insist) and a respectable boot for all that outstation luggage. You'll love the interiors & gizmos.

Quote:
would I be able to bear the maintainance of the car with the 2lacs in my pocket?
The beauty of BMW's maintenance packages. Spend less than 3.0 lakhs, and you are covered for 5 years / 1,00,000 kms! The only two things that you have to spend on, in those 60 months, is diesel + tyres.

An alternative would be the new Mercedes E Class (launch just around the corner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
And as for success, many many industry leaders grow into their father's shoes. Nothing wrong there. Indian industry is full of them!
Absolutely, nothing wrong at all. However:

1. It is far more special to have made it yourself. More so at the age of 24 only!

2. How many 24 year olds do we know of, from industrial families, who have already moved out of their fathers shadow? I think we can count them on our finger tips.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:54   #48
BHPian

Thankyou Everyone for the help. I was looking for 5 series BMW from starting but was a bit afraid of the maintainance Costs. Thanks a lot.

I am signing off and giving back Aman's ID. I hope he too gets his car soon as I can see his Bhoomoputra Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 18:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this thread.
A bit shocked to see so many figures flying around openly!
GTO has given a good option(specially as the OP has is concerned particularly about the service). A friend of mine has bought the 530D and he is quiet happy with it.

Am not sure if Jag fits the budget but that can be considered as many people in Punjab side have the mercs and Bmw's but Jag will be in few numbers so will give an exclusive feeling.

Having said that I saw an Audi A6 in black today while coming to office. It really is a delight to human eyes!

Last edited by harry10 : 21st August 2009 at 19:00.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:00   #50
BHPian

+1 to GTO here

50 Lakhs 530d is the right choice.

Performance, looks, style, statement, fun etc all in one package.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. No married man, 24 years old buddy. Living with only her mom.

I believe I have answered all the questions.
I have one here. You basically meant "his" mom right ?
Fountainheader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2009, 21:28   #52
BHPian

@FountainHeader: HAha!! Ya I meant "his" Sorry for the typo.

@Harry: I dont know whats the big deal in telling the exact budget buddy? People come and say "budget please" so he clearly stated what he is upto.
Old 21st August 2009, 22:23   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou Everyone for the help. I was looking for 5 series BMW from starting but was a bit afraid of the maintainance Costs. Thanks a lot.

I am signing off and giving back Aman's ID. I hope he too gets his car soon as I can see his Bhoomoputra Thread
The go right ahead and get it ! The New E would be above your budget and wouldn't really suit you at 24. We are the same age and I drive the same car and feel right at place in it, it feels young, drives like a dream and stress free to maintain since I have the BSI package.

The 5 series is probably available at good deals, so bargain hard!
Old 21st August 2009, 23:40   #54
BHPian

Just a question from my side, I read in todays newspaper that BMW 5 series is available in 5% intrest. Is it something to do with the bank or there is new BMW 5 series coming? I read a thread here about the facelift of 5 series. Also, me too intrsted in Manual Transmissions only, so does the 5 series in Manual or in Automatic only?
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:10   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

All BMWs come only in automatic. So do almost call cars in that segment. Unless you pick a CBU like the M3.
There is no new 5 or facelift around the corner for India. The new 5 is yet no launched in Germany so it will be a while before it gets here. The reason why the 5% loan is available is to fight competition offering 0% interest and recession.

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd August 2009 at 03:11.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
All BMWs come only in automatic. So do almost call cars in that segment. Unless you pick a CBU like the M3.
There is no new 5 or facelift around the corner for India. The new 5 is yet no launched in Germany so it will be a while before it gets here. The reason why the 5% loan is available is to fight competition offering 0% interest and recession.
, Infinity motors of BMW is offering 0% interest on the 530d here. This is against the 0% interest offered by mercedes for the c230 and c220cdi.
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:05   #57
Team-BHP Support

I guess the thread title was wrong. It is not 2 lakhs income, but 2 lakhs budget/month for the car.
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:10   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
, Infinity motors of BMW is offering 0% interest on the 530d here. This is against the 0% interest offered by mercedes for the c230 and c220cdi.
Thats Nice, then it would'nt be a wise choice to get the vehicle from there to Punjab?
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:34   #59
BHPian

I think you can go for one of the following -

1) BMW 325i

2) Audi A4 1.8T

3) Nissan 350Z

Then make wise use of the rest of the income - the one with 'Dollors' will have the last laugh when the bubble breaks.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats Nice, then it would'nt be a wise choice to get the vehicle from there to Punjab?
Not a wise choice atall, but this could be quoted by you when you go to book the Bmw at the Punjab dealership. You have bench mark of what is happening in other cities, so accordingly you can negotiate a deal .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed