Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 13:57   #31
BHPian

This is going to be interesting...As the car buyer is young and assuming he would like a car to show off too....Regarding brand I would suggest a Mercedes Benz in India because they have the widest support available.I Would suggest buying one more car and using the expensive car more discretely and that way he can keep the maintainance costs lower.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow, we got to know monthly income, yearly income, bank balance everything in this public forum.

Earning 2 lakh per month (gross) is not a bid deal in current corporate world.

However, I would suggest some SUV's greater than 20 Lakh bracket like Montero, Pajero, Landcruiser if affordable. List goes on. SUV is always status symbol all over world. .

With 3 Crore Bank Balance he can get Hummer also.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2009, 14:21   #33
BHPian

Ok so I think I should now reply. I had ask the question and using my buddies ID To post.

What I said that I have my own 3crore in my account. from which I can spend upto 5o lacs on a car. Currently I am earning some 2.5 lacs on monthly basis. From which, what I calculated, I only spend some 50k on my monthly expenditure. What I want to know is, if I buy a BMW, Audi or a 3-Star, would I be able to bear the maintainance of the car with the 2lacs in my pocket? Thats what my coonfusion is.

I dont want to spend all the 2 lacs on monthly basis. Not because I cant, but because I dont think if I am maintaining a car for 2 lacs per month, that car is good enough to be kept.

@Anuj, I know 2 lac per month isnt that big, but being a 24 years old, I am pretty happy, I am not in the category of those youngsters who are looking at his/her dad's bank account for buying a car, I can buy it on my own.

So what if I told everything? People thinking of ransom? eh?
Old 21st August 2009, 14:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
he can get Hummer also.
hmm.. and then to open a fast food corner in the Hummer after being bankrupt?

I suggest the Merc C-Class.
Merc reminds me of Kuldeep manak Song: "Jatt di mercedes"

Last edited by DCEite : 21st August 2009 at 14:31.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:17   #35
BHPian

3 crores in bank and if put as a deposit would give returns of around 2 lakhs per month easily doesnt it. You can have a smart CA and get the taxes part covered to an extent.

Leaving the above aside and considering the income at disposal, there are still a lot of questions to be considerd/answered like what car do you use now and what kind of cars you like ( executive , flashy, powerful) or are you looking for a car or a 4X4. Other factors like what brand dealers/service is available at your place also needs to be considered.

Suggestions can come from all corners and i feel a detailed post can give you more meaningful suggestions.

Most of the pricey cars can be maintained in your budget but that can only make sense when we know the requirements.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:23   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

with a merc - you need to give it for its first servicing only when you've finished doing 10000kms or so. And from thereon, only around once max twice a year - a comprehensive service will probably cost you about 30 grand.

running costs in terms of petrol and diesel etc are entirely upto you.

Therefore picking up a beautiful spanking new merc Kompressor may be just the thing - can afford to buy and run it, it is a solid car,good to drive and enjoy, lovely to look at, very comfortable and luxurious in general, good status symbol even in today's world, great value, respected badge/ marque, excellent service network, high residual value.

therefore why ever not?
Old 21st August 2009, 15:44   #37
BHPian

He says he can spend upto 50 lacs on the car and has 2 lac PM left after his monthly expenditures. Then I think he has many options like Merc E, BMW 5 series, Audi A6
Old 21st August 2009, 15:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
3 crores in bank and if put as a deposit would give returns of around 2 lakhs per month easily doesnt it. You can have a smart CA and get the taxes part covered to an extent.

Leaving the above aside and considering the income at disposal, there are still a lot of questions to be considerd/answered like what car do you use now and what kind of cars you like ( executive , flashy, powerful) or are you looking for a car or a 4X4. Other factors like what brand dealers/service is available at your place also needs to be considered.

Suggestions can come from all corners and i feel a detailed post can give you more meaningful suggestions.

Most of the pricey cars can be maintained in your budget but that can only make sense when we know the requirements.
As I said, there is'nt any particular requirement. I am no 0-60 or 0-100 man, do not bother to race or something, no mods. All I need car for my daily commuting in the city and ocassionaly on highways. I currently have a Endevaour, so no SUV for me for now. Only looking for a Sedan. Service is available for Audi, BMW and Merc.

I am thinking of getting a 5 series BMW, or AUDI A4 or A5, or Merc C, dont like the E somehow, dont know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
with a merc - you need to give it for its first servicing only when you've finished doing 10000kms or so. And from thereon, only around once max twice a year - a comprehensive service will probably cost you about 30 grand.

running costs in terms of petrol and diesel etc are entirely upto you.

Therefore picking up a beautiful spanking new merc Kompressor may be just the thing - can afford to buy and run it, it is a solid car,good to drive and enjoy, lovely to look at, very comfortable and luxurious in general, good status symbol even in today's world, great value, respected badge/ marque, excellent service network, high residual value.

therefore why ever not?
Merce is in my list, but may be my second luxury car, may be next year.

One more thing to mention, I dont like Automatic Transmission. SO I need a manual car.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st August 2009 at 15:55. Reason: Please wait for Mod approval so that you can EDIT original post. Thanks
Old 21st August 2009, 15:55   #39
Team-BHP Support

well being 24 years old i cant think of anything better than the a4. the 3l tdi. IMO its the best car for a younger person. bigger than the 3 and the c and the perfect mix between the 2.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well being 24 years old i cant think of anything better than the a4. the 3l tdi. IMO its the best car for a younger person. bigger than the 3 and the c and the perfect mix between the 2.
. Given the situation mentioned and knowing you can go upto 50 for the car. Test both the Audi A4 3.0 tdi and the 3.2. The other u can look into is the BMW 325i, 530i and the 530d all pack quite a punch. Last would be the C230. The E i agree would not do much in matter of stateing that you have arrived as they are dime a dozen there, when you get to your mid 30's you could think of it.
The maintainance of these cars are not going to take away your earnings completely. Bmw has the 3yr and 5yr package where everything except the tyre and wheels are covered, so happy motoring. Mercedes also has the 3yr package. My E class service cost comes to 30 or 40 grand every 10,000kms.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:04   #41
BHPian

Okie if I were you and with a budget of around 50 lakhs, the following would be my order of preference

1) BMW 5 series
2) Audi A6
3) Merc E

Diesel or Petrol would be your choice and you cant go wrong with any of them.

BMW 5 series looks aggessively executive and A6 is more Executivish and so does the E series Merc( It used to be a Symbol of class but not anymore as people have accomadated other competent and better makers like BMW, Audi, Porsche etc). Audi and BMW comes with a host of features to keep you occupied and entertained.

Last edited by muni : 21st August 2009 at 17:06.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A Tata Nano. He can buy a new one every month
Old 21st August 2009, 17:32   #43
BHPian

If I had this budget for a car, I'd be running around trying to import an EVO X FQ 360. And come on, which 24 year old is not interested in 0-60 or 0-100 times

But if the EVO doesn't impress you much, I'd recommend a BMW 5 series.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
My personal opinion EMI should not be more then 10% of the income.
I second Amit's opinion. It's a basic thumb rule. Besides you have not told us how much downpayment he will be making.

Assuming he will be taking a near 100% loan, at 20K a month EMI, your friend should consider the ANHC or the Altis.

EDIT: I am sorry I posted this before reading about the 3 crore bank balance and the willingness to spend up to 50 lacs. I was a little taken aback because I have never seen stuff like this posted on Team BHP before. lol. I think the new C class would be the best bet for you.

Last edited by Gilead : 21st August 2009 at 17:51.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. : If (and only if) he is a self-made man, please congratulate him on his success. Must be a really smart dude. He's welcome to share his business ideas with us
Even if he's not a self-made man, I'd still congratulate him on his lucky parentage.

And as for success, many many industry leaders grow into their father's shoes. Nothing wrong there. Indian industry is full of them!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed