Team-BHP - New Accord or any other equivalent? EDIT : Accord it is!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   New Accord or any other equivalent? EDIT : Accord it is! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/64142-new-accord-any-other-equivalent-edit-accord.html)

Hi Guys,

I am back to asking friends after a gap of 2years after you all helped me buy the Safari.

I am now going to sell my Safari LX 2007 and Fiesta Zxi 2007 and looking to buy a D segment.

I have my sights on the Accord 2.4 MT, but there are people who are suggesting me the hyundai Transform, Laura, Camry and the superb, i really do not know if all are in the same segment. I live in mysore where we do not have a Skoda dealership so i think Laura and superb will a be a bit of a hassle to travel the 130km to bangalore for service purposes.

I TD accord yesterday and was impressive but a GC of 155mm is really disturbing me.
I request you all to help me.

Reading all the forums , Skoda service seems to be troublesome. The Honda Accord would be a good choice. You could narrow it down perhaps to the Camry and the Accord. I remember having read that the Camry was loaded with lot of stuff and was so comfy that it would be called a couch on wheels :) .
I do like the Accord though. Its new design makes it look chunkier and mean. I haven't testdriven it but from the specs it seems to be equally powerful. I think the testdrives on T-BHP would clear the picture even further I guess.

Does the superb come near the Accord & Camry?? I see that there is only a difference of 50k more for the superb.
What more features does the camry have, I have been searching all the threads since last evening. There are very few threads for this segment and most are not elaborative, that is why i posted a new thread.

Leaving the Skoda service aside, the Accord is not a patch on the Superb. The Superb has tons of more features and is far more VFM. Check out this thread for more info https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...i-1-8-tsi.html

Hyundai and Honda seem to have dealership in Mysore, but none for Toyota or Skoda - so service might be an issue for Toyota but Skoda can be a nightmare!

You are changing both of your current cars within 2 yrs - so I guess a resale is important, a Petrol car or a Hyundai will fetch you poor resale if sold within 5 yrs. Dont show your running.... does it need a diesel? Only Hyundai Transform comes in Diesel.

Accord to drive else the Transform to be driven. If not limited to D sedan, look at the Fortuner - again no/limted service in Mysore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramkumar (Post 1448225)
I live in mysore where we do not have a Skoda dealership so i think Laura and superb will a be a bit of a hassle to travel the 130km to bangalore for service purposes.

If you had a Skoda service station in your living room, service would still be an issue :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1448290)
Leaving the Skoda service aside, the Accord is not a patch on the Superb. [/url]

The Accord is more than a patch on the Superb, thanks to:

1. Outstanding reliability
2. Incredibly low maintenance costs

The peace of the mind factor is way superior than in the Superb. Skoda's petrols have till date been heavy maintenance in India (Octy 1.8, previous gen Superb, Fabia 1.4) and the Superb still has to prove itself. The Superb is a heck of a car, agreed, and it provides a long list of kit for the price. But I am extremely wary of Skoda, their petrol engines and the potential complications with European electronics.

Honda Accord without any doubt and 2nd thoughts!

remember you visit showroom just once, but service center regularly!

dont worry about the GC of the accord, its adequate.

skoda having too many technical as well as A.S.S. hickups!

why not a passat while you are about it?

I TD superb today in bangalore at Tafe access and it is a beautiful car but the service as everybody has been telling here could be an issue.

So now its only between Hyundai and Honda. Hyundai dealership is getting a TRANSFORM to mysore tomorrow for my TD.

I have to tell that i drive quite a bit as my business demands it. I have driven my safari around 62k in 2 years so maybe a diesel makes sense, but i doubt if the sonata transform will give the same kind of comfort in terms of the driver's seat as in Accord.
Please advise.

Ramkumar what about the toyota Frotuner. Amazing GC, good diesel engine and very spacious.

Wow! you are selling a C segment AND an SUV , 2 cars for one car? so no off roading anymore I guess ;) Honda Accord is an awesome choice, you can also consider the Nissan Teana, the grandure, the performance and the luxury is awesome for this money!

Sonata trasform Diesel is an excellent car with even more excellent price.

You can also enjoy the AT with a economy of diesel, with a accord's space.

IMO After accord in term of overall package (& more importatnly with the least *** problems) sonata can be a good option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1450007)
Sonata trasform Diesel is an excellent car with even more excellent price.

You can also enjoy the AT with a economy of diesel, with a accord's space.

IMO After accord in term of overall package (& more importatnly with the least *** problems) sonata can be a good option.

Product wise its not that bad, But the Sonata will surely not hold its value when it comes to selling it

Honda Accord any day would be best choice else Camry should be the second option.
As mentioned above Skoda has got Technical and service issues
HONDA OR TOYOTA would be the best :)