Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 11:18   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ahem, and what if we were to remap a 530d?
Both the 525d & 530d are capable of the same remap output. The differentiator- the ECU, itself is changed in this case.

Hartge has some insane remaps for this engine! However, the ultimate remap is on the twin turbo 535d, it could probably keep up with an M5 !
Old 6th October 2009, 13:30   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Both the 525d & 530d are capable of the same remap output. The differentiator- the ECU, itself is changed in this case.
Isn't the 530d's transmission slightly different to handle the additional torque? I remember someone posting (or was it you!) that the tranny part number is different too.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:59   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Isn't the 530d's transmission slightly different to handle the additional torque? I remember someone posting (or was it you!) that the tranny part number is different too.
Yup it was me. I am still not sure about that, RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog list the 525d auto trans part number as GA6HP19Z and 530d as GA6HP26Z. But these are specific to European markets. My hunch is that in India BMW would rather import one common autobox for it's CKD production to save costs, as is a transmission with extra torque capability would do no harm.
Only someone like Maverick that have access to the BMW diagnostic system can confirm such technical details by comparing part numbers of Indian CKD units.

Although I had read reviews of people running 600nM torque on the European spec model 525d without a problem.

Last edited by Sahil : 6th October 2009 at 14:04.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Hartge has some insane remaps for this engine! However, the ultimate remap is on the twin turbo 535d, it could probably keep up with an M5 !
Drifting seriously OT !! I'm just looking forward to the day 535d gets launched. Somewhere in this forum it was said BMW is indeed contemplating its launch sometime next year. Imagine what a remapped/chipped 535d would feel like. I hope that BMW prices it at near 50 lakhs though
Old 6th October 2009, 14:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
then your looking at around 275bhp and over 590nm of torque. just thinking about it makes me smile.
Brings out the boy in me !!. For a chipped 535d you are talking upto 368 PS and 674 NM .
Old 18th May 2011, 22:45   #66
BHPian

Pre owned Audi A4 or BMW F10 in Kochi or Trivandrum

Hi guys,

Been on the hunt for a pre-owned 2010 model or above Audi A4 2.0TDI or BMW F10 520d. BMW 520d is a good choice but since the model is very new, it is hard to find it in the pre-owned market. Lots of E60s in the market.

A4 is the second choice. I know both are in two different segments, but simply love the A4 and it is going to be cheaper as well.

Also, if you guys know of any dealers in Kochi or Trivandrum who I can contact regarding the same please do help.

Anything in particular I must look for before buying. Can you guys tell me roughly how much a used A4 will cost. Which year onwards did AUDI introduce LED tail lamps for A4?

Thanks in advance. Have a good week ahead guys.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:34   #67
Team-BHP Support

re: Pre owned Audi A4 or BMW F10 in Kochi or Trivandrum

Hi Over.drive,

Do check out the Team-BHP Classifieds.

I have seen some 3 series, and even an F10 on sale in/around KL. Keep an eye out.

cya
R
Old 25th May 2011, 07:19   #68
BHPian

Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Also check New Cars, Used Cars, Car Prices, Reviews & Photos in India - CarWale for latest ads. All the best!
Old 25th May 2011, 12:31   #69
BHPian

has anyone suggested the 3.0 A4 diesel? Cant remember what its called.

Even though im not much of an audi fan, that car is BOSS.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
has anyone suggested the 3.0 A4 diesel? Cant remember what its called.

Even though im not much of an audi fan, that car is BOSS.
Its termed as the A4 3.0 TDI. The problem with that car is that its not available easily. Many have tried to book it with the wait period being atleast 6 months and in some cases Audi have just told customers that it is not available. I just got lucky with mine.
Old 9th October 2011, 14:26   #71

Hi..
Am in the market looking for a pre-owned BMW 320d,

and recently i came across 320d highline model dec 2009,Mh06 reg white
test drove the car on a short drive and felt gud ... nuthin to complain
the dealer is asking for 20L, is it a gud price. it doesnt include BMW secure or BSI package. But it comes with the entertainment package.

Also is there a way to get it certified from some bmw expert?

please suggest
thanks
bharat
Old 9th October 2011, 22:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
Hi..
Am in the market looking for a pre-owned BMW 320d,

and recently i came across 320d highline model dec 2009,Mh06 reg white
test drove the car on a short drive and felt gud ... nuthin to complain
the dealer is asking for 20L, is it a gud price. it doesnt include BMW secure or BSI package. But it comes with the entertainment package.

Also is there a way to get it certified from some bmw expert?

please suggest
thanks
bharat
Appears to be a good deal, what's the reading on the odometer? Also, check if it comes with some warranty and offcourse the Team-Bhp checklist!
Old 10th October 2011, 11:47   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua View Post
Appears to be a good deal, what's the reading on the odometer? Also, check if it comes with some warranty and offcourse the Team-Bhp checklist!
the Odo reads 27K.... only thing that baffles me !! is why so cheap ?? so am digging up further. Just called BMW A.S.S and asked if the car has BSI and also using sum contacts to find the Maintenance History.

thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 20:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
the Odo reads 27K.... only thing that baffles me !! is why so cheap ?? so am digging up further. Just called BMW A.S.S and asked if the car has BSI and also using sum contacts to find the Maintenance History.

thanks
if this is through a BMW dealer , then you should not worry much, as they will provide you atleast a 6 months warranty , hope I am right ?

And don't look a gift horse in the eye
Old 11th January 2012, 11:58   #75
BHPian

Best used car under 20L?

Hey guys,

Am looking to get a 2-3 years old, less used diesel car for under 20L in Kerala. The vehicle would be used for highway runs mostly. The vehicle has to be a diesel. I do not mind if it is a SUV or a sedan. What are my options?

I did come across a few 2010 and above 3 series corporate edition sedans for 18-19L. Toyota Fortuner is also available in my budget (17-20L). Also, is there any possibility that I can get a highline 3 series or AUDI A4 in my budget?

Do not want a new car as the depreciation hit would be too high and does not make sense as I would not keep the car for longer than 2 years. I currently own a Laura and Fluidic Verna diesel. Used to have the Civic and Elantra. So I am looking forward to a car that is more fun to drive than the above mentioned cars.

Thanks and happy new year to all !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks