Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:34   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

@Speedy- I got the 520d about 6 months back. The reason I didn't opt for the 530d is because the 525d had me content. I was actually even getting a tempting discount on the 530d so cost wasn't a real factor. If I did want more power a simple ECU remap to the 525d would convert it to the 530d so why bother buying it. Moreover the car in Pune is mainly chauffer driven hence even sending the 525d there seemed pointless.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
@Speedy- I got the 520d about 6 months back. The reason I didn't opt for the 530d is because the 525d had me content. I was actually even getting a tempting discount on the 530d so cost wasn't a real factor. If I did want more power a simple ECU remap to the 525d would convert it to the 530d so why bother buying it. Moreover the car in Pune is mainly chauffer driven hence even sending the 525d there seemed pointless.
I was wondering due to the discounts available on the 530d. An Ecu remap can catapolt the car way above the 530d powertrain too. I know a friend who has done it with his 530d and the car is a rocket. Yeah your right if your going to be chauffered around then the 520d makes more sense.
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I just did buy a 325i even though i know of the price difference between this and the 520d, Every car has a use and pupose so it all depends on what it is for you. So dont let this stop you from purchasing any of the smaller luxury cars.

We did not go through Carwale or any site. Knew the owner and struck a deal with him. This is similer to the 03 S350 that went for 16.5, the owner sold it for 13.5. You basicaly have to keep your eyes open for such deals as they are what i call pure deals, once an agent or dealer comes in then the commisions get added. These are spot decision cars so its a yes or a no right there, you spend time thinking and the car is already sold. I cannot explain an owners mind to you Krazyking, as each one thinks differently and how well you can convince the person for the value. Let me explain w140 true value is around 4 to 5 lakhs and for a prestine one would go to max 8 lakhs. The owner of a perticular non running car is asking 15 lakhs just because someone he knew sold his prestine condition car 2years ago for 11 Lakhs.

It is not bad atall, but for someone who wants to show that he or she has arrived make the mistake of purchasing these cars and then realises the cost involved to maintain (service). I mean you jump from a zen/ honda city/ hyundai accent etc to a C and E class/ 3 and 5 series and expect these cars to cost the same as maintaining their Indian counterparts is not going to happen. Somebody who has lived with or is aware of what he is getting himself into will not think much on the costs.

We all do forget the cost involved and try to test the limit of the cars we own, but this does not mean we go over board and take uncalled for risks. I am a power freak and do not let my mind run my heart when i drive and yet there are times you rather let go off the accelerator and ease off.
Very well explained my friend.

By the way is the 325i brand new? Are you going to be use it yourself? Would you mind to PM me how much you got it for, as I'm considering to get a 3 series for myself.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:10   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering due to the discounts available on the 530d. An Ecu remap can catapolt the car way above the 530d powertrain too. I know a friend who has done it with his 530d and the car is a rocket. Yeah your right if your going to be chauffered around then the 520d makes more sense.
The options on remaps are endless and results are same too since they share the same engine. I believe Hamman has a remap that boosts the torque close to 700nM !

What remap does your friend have? Has he noticed any change besides the power ofcourse.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Very well explained my friend.

By the way is the 325i brand new? Are you going to be use it yourself? Would you mind to PM me how much you got it for, as I'm considering to get a 3 series for myself.
Yes the car is brand new and a replacement for the corolla. The car is for my mother as she wanted a small car, so it would be chauffer driven till i get back from work and then either my brother or i would be using it. White with Saddle brown interiors and it should come home this week. You probably will not get the deal i got as they had some offer till 30th september and also the other cars bought from them.

Quote:
The options on remaps are endless and results are same too since they share the same engine. I believe Hamman has a remap that boosts the torque close to 700nM !

What remap does your friend have? Has he noticed any change besides the power ofcourse.
Hamman and another company i forget the name have remap program for the car. Like you say the things you can do are endless with the 6 cylinders.
I shall ask him and he got it from U.K. thats all i know. I still have to sit in it as he does not stay in Bombay.

I have a list of cars that have come in for exchange. I shall list the BMW'S and Mercedes to give a rough idea on the prices asked. There are Audi's and porsches too.

08 BMW 320d - 28 lakhs
09 BMW 325i - 32 lakhs
08 BMW 530d highline - 42 lakhs (14,000 kms)
08 BMW 530d highline - 43 lakhs (12,000 kms)
09 BMW 525I - 40 lakhs

08 MB C220 cdi -27 lakhs (21,000 kms)
06 MB C200K elegance AT -16 lakhs
08 MB C220 CDI elegance - 27 lakhs (20,000 kms)
04 MB E220 CDI AT - 18 lakhs
05 MB E200k - 20 lakhs

07 Audi A4 2.0 TDI Multitronic - 22 lakhs.

Not mentioning the other Audi's as they are above budget. Total of 30 high end cars for sale.

Last edited by speedy : 2nd October 2009 at 22:26.
Old 3rd October 2009, 01:57   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Speedy- can you list a few SUV's too
What's the resale on q7,ml and rr sport/vogue?
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy- can you list a few SUV's too
What's the resale on q7,ml and rr sport/vogue?
I dont have the list with me right now, but off hand there were the X5 and the Ml which are in the 40 to 60 range. I would assume the RR/cayanne/Q7 would also be in the same range. I only mentioned the sedans and the price range of the cars close too and in the 30lakhs range.

It seems as we have diviated from the actual point of the Thread. Sorry for that.
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the car is brand new and a replacement for the corolla. The car is for my mother as she wanted a small car, so it would be chauffer driven till i get back from work and then either my brother or i would be using it. White with Saddle brown interiors and it should come home this week. You probably will not get the deal i got as they had some offer till 30th september and also the other cars bought from them.

I have a list of cars that have come in for exchange. I shall list the BMW'S and Mercedes to give a rough idea on the prices asked. There are Audi's and porsches too.

08 BMW 320d - 28 lakhs
09 BMW 325i - 32 lakhs
08 BMW 530d highline - 42 lakhs (14,000 kms)
08 BMW 530d highline - 43 lakhs (12,000 kms)
09 BMW 525I - 40 lakhs

08 MB C220 cdi -27 lakhs (21,000 kms)
06 MB C200K elegance AT -16 lakhs
08 MB C220 CDI elegance - 27 lakhs (20,000 kms)
04 MB E220 CDI AT - 18 lakhs
05 MB E200k - 20 lakhs

07 Audi A4 2.0 TDI Multitronic - 22 lakhs.

Not mentioning the other Audi's as they are above budget. Total of 30 high end cars for sale.
Well congratulations on your new ride mate. White colour looks great on the 3-series. Seen quite a lot of modified 3-series around here and they look fab. You ought to put some black coloured alloys with a 2 inch chrome lip. It'd make it look more fierce than it is.

I've been comparing the prices of the cars you've listed to the brand new on road prices in Hong Kong. They come to be more or less the same, Hong Kong being a little cheaper obviously. But I guess the second hand market in India is still way behind of Hong Kong. If I were to search for cars with those years and mileage in HK I'd probably get at LEAST 5 lakhs off of what you quoted. By the way what do you mean by exchange? Like trade-in? Are those prices quoted by owners or dealers? And lastely, sorry for sound amateur but whats the different between high-line and regular?

Sorry for the
Old 4th October 2009, 13:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well congratulations on your new ride mate. White colour looks great on the 3-series. Seen quite a lot of modified 3-series around here and they look fab. You ought to put some black coloured alloys with a 2 inch chrome lip. It'd make it look more fierce than it is.
Thank you Krazyking. I wanted something different and hence the exterior and interior colour choice. There are plenty of aftermarket and official modification choices for the BMW but i prefer keeping the cars stock from the exterior and modifying the engine. So this one would get the chip on a later date. i would be getting a mean monster soon so that would be the fierce one .

Quote:
I've been comparing the prices of the cars you've listed to the brand new on road prices in Hong Kong. They come to be more or less the same, Hong Kong being a little cheaper obviously. But I guess the second hand market in India is still way behind of Hong Kong. If I were to search for cars with those years and mileage in HK I'd probably get at LEAST 5 lakhs off of what you quoted. By the way what do you mean by exchange? Like trade-in? Are those prices quoted by owners or dealers? And lastely, sorry for sound amateur but whats the different between high-line and regular?
Hong Kong would deffinately be cheaper as the duties and taxes are low. Here due to the high duties and taxes the cars are more expensive. India is lagging behind to most of the countries in the second hand foriegn car market for the above reason.
These cars are in for trade-ins and the prices are quoted by the dealership, so you can negotiate and bring these prices down. So a drop of 2 to 3 lakhs is possible on these cars. It all depends on your negotiation skills.
The regular BMW 320D does not have the i-drive and is a basic car. The highline has the i-drive and one more feature i fail to recollect. Now the company has stopped the normal and only provides the Highline.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Try Chirayath Cars. They're in Cochin and Chalakkudy.
OK. I will contact them. I found their number on some sites.

Quote:
Yes the car is brand new and a replacement for the corolla.
===========================
Wow that is a lot of cars. Thank you for the info
But the AUDI mentioned here would be the old AUDI A4 rite..the latest A4 i believe was launched in 2008. I can see BMW resale value is good.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th October 2009 at 12:23. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Wow that is a lot of cars. Thank you for the info
But the AUDI mentioned here would be the old AUDI A4 rite..the latest A4 i believe was launched in 2008. I can see BMW resale value is good.
The Audi is a nov 2007 model and has done 23,500 kms, one model before the current A4. Then reason i stated some of the cars available in Bombay with prices is so that you can discount a few lakhs as the taxes are cheaper in the south when seeing second hand cars. These could act as bench marks. You can also consider the 2007/08 E 280 cdi's as the prices have dropped below 30 lakhs. The BMW's are 08 and 09 models compared to the 04,06 and 08 mercedes models and mostly c classes. So the resale value would be good.

Last edited by speedy : 5th October 2009 at 13:34.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:00   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I did want more power a simple ECU remap to the 525d would convert it to the 530d so why bother buying it.
Quote:
An Ecu remap can catapolt the car way above the 530d powertrain too.
Ahem, and what if we were to remap a 530d?
Old 6th October 2009, 00:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just two words for it then. Mind Blowing . The car would be nothing short of a comfortable rocket only till the E350 CDI comes to play.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:29   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
then your looking at around 275bhp and over 590nm of torque. just thinking about it makes me smile.
Old 6th October 2009, 06:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Simple
if you are keen on performance go for the A4 3.2 Quattro.Simply the best handling car out there.
if you want cheap running go for a diesel beemer.
Mercs are also an alternative but the spares and service will literally loot you.(im not saying BMW and Audi are cheap but they are probably manageable compared to Mercs)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks