Old 24th September 2009, 19:44   #16
BHPian

The best thing is to buy a diesel car for mileage and use these cars along
like rather then loosing 5-6 lacks downgrading from you Laura to Octavia
you could buy swift diesel , ford fiesta Diesel or in-fact a 4 year old Octavia
for 6-7 lacks and get economy of 12 - 15 KMPLs
Old 25th September 2009, 11:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

How about exchanging your car with new diesel superb. Though you might need to spend some amount for the exchange but I believe this will solve both of your purpose i.e. Good FE and Heck of engine.

Cheers
Old 1st October 2009, 13:42   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
How about exchanging your car with new diesel superb. Though you might need to spend some amount for the exchange but I believe this will solve both of your purpose i.e. Good FE and Heck of engine.

Cheers
The New Superb Diesel is beyond 25L OTR the petrol is the one that's attractively priced, it does not make sense given the huge price increase compared to actual savings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
hey guys thanks , will hold onto the car for a bit , but i really do love my cars and when some thing does not fit like a glove i seem to get edgy and then start looking for other options , the car is indeed superb, the only thing was the FE which is not a big deal for me either, i new about the FE but just feelt that after having 2 cars that give me 6.5 per liter (sonata gold V6)i should migrate to a car that gives me 10+ hence this thread , so see will enjoy the car till i feel its time to switch, ravveendrra why are u considering the change?
Good Decision, you would have regretted the Skoda L&K and actually made a financial loss in the bargain. The pleasure of a V6 Petrol can't be overcum with the financial gains of a diesel Ocatavia. If at all a Diesel Laura could make some sense but frankly even that too would not be recommended considering the miserable valuation your V6 will get you today.

Sit tight you have a good car, take care of it.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:58   #19
BHPian

Foolish move like you said. Don't.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:25   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

dont do this - you will regret it.
personally I love the shape and looks of the old Skoda Superb when compared with the new one. The old one looked purposeful, classy and somehow very very aggressive in a slightly muted gentlemanly sort of manner.
the new one somehow looks like a "bling wagon" - I remember watching the Tour De France - bicycling event on TV where the Marshal cars were the 2009 Skoda Superbs - even in that setting somehow they looked rather too blingy for my liking.
even now when I see the old Skoda Superb while driving I experience the "head turning" phenomenon.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 1st October 2009 at 16:29.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
dont do this - you will regret it.
personally I love the shape and looks of the old Skoda Superb when compared with the new one. The old one looked purposeful, classy and somehow very very aggressive in a slightly muted gentlemanly sort of manner.
the new one somehow looks like a "bling wagon" - I remember watching the Tour De France - bicycling event on TV where the Marshal cars were the 2009 Skoda Superbs - even in that setting somehow they looked rather too blingy for my liking.
even now when I see the old Skoda Superb while driving I experience the "head turning" phenomenon.
+1, it is an elegant old sofa. However the new Superb Combi looks good. I do find the new corporate snout too deep and puggish though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks