Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 21:55   #1
BHPian

Skoda Superb trade in?

hi everyone, need some advice , i am driving a 2.8 V6 skoda superb petrol which has done 30k, love the car in every way accept the fact that its not the best on mileage, should i exchange her for a used skoda octavia L&k which has done around 70k or am i making a foolish move , please advice, i know that the power of the superb is faster than any skoda at the moment but i do know that the mileage of the l&k is way better , the cars are of 2 different classes hence i am confused

Last edited by ancer : 18th September 2009 at 21:56.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why would you even think of trading in a 30k done suberb for a 70k done octy. No brainer IMO. What you would save on fuel you will spend on maintainence.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesn't make sense IMO,don't downgrade. The Superb is know to be more reliable than the Laura, especially since you the car you are looking at has done more than double kms than your superb. You might land up paying all the fuel savings on service bills.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:43   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Trade in a Superb for a Laura / Octavia. Please don't, especially since you state that you are happy with the car. It will be too much of a downgrade for too little money saved (when you account for the depreciation of your existing car).
Old 19th September 2009, 18:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

The other person will be very happy.

I don't think you should do it.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:36   #6
BHPian

Jeez NOOOOO........ see if a CNG or LPG convertion can mitigate your milease concern?
Old 20th September 2009, 15:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
hi everyone, need some advice , i am driving a 2.8 V6 skoda superb petrol which has done 30k, love the car in every way accept the fact that its not the best on mileage, should i exchange her for a used skoda octavia L&k which has done around 70k or am i making a foolish move , please advice, i know that the power of the superb is faster than any skoda at the moment but i do know that the mileage of the l&k is way better , the cars are of 2 different classes hence i am confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Jeez NOOOOO........ see if a CNG or LPG convertion can mitigate your milease concern?
lol you guys crack me up. cmon, a v6 on cng?
Old 20th September 2009, 15:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nah enjoy the Superb. You'll enjoy the comfort and anyway a trade in would be a loss for you.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:15   #9
BHPian

Yeah correct. I too have the same opinion as others. Don't think of such a downgrade. Superb is any day better than an Octavia.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

No Please. Just for the sake of mileage your are exchanging an excellent car with a Normal car which has done more than double the mileage of your car.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

akhsay for your info a lot of V6's, V8 RR's, Merc's, BMW's in UK and EU run on gass. You will be surprised and shocked at the sales figures of new cars with this option as well as a thriving second hand conversion market. Look it up and talk to some people I know we in India tend to be in lag mode at most times. This has been going on in EU for the past 5 years. So much so that there have been documentry films made on this topic and aired on Indian TV 3 years ago.

Last edited by canonball : 22nd September 2009 at 12:09.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Why do you want to downgrade ?? The Superb is an excellent car.

Keep it for a few more years and if you have a good service station, I am sure it will give you a few more years of trouble free running. At least till the 1 lac mark.
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:03   #13
BHPian

Yours car has run for 30k kms trouble free so the car is not prone to break down. Laura has a reputation of being a finicky car. How will you ensure that the car which you will get is not a lemon. Further a car having done 70K will be high on maintenance. It will also be difficult for your to adjust with the tight leg room and uncomfortable rear seat of Laura so stick with what what you have.

Further I dont think that cost difference between the two on a/c of FE will be more than Rs. 1000/- per month which you can easily afford. So a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

I understand Ancer's dilemma.

I was tempted to take him up on the offer and exchange my 2 yr old Laura with 27k Km on the odo for his Superb, then I remembered the 2 reasons why I opted for the Laura (a) The great FE in Diesel and (b) The stiff suspension with handling to match. I promptly decided to stick with my Laura, yes the Superb is just that, a superb car, the 2.8 V6 is an awesome engine but the FE and it being softer than the Laura are issues.

That being said, I would not trade in a Superb for an Octy or a Laura.

Cheers,
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:56   #15
BHPian

hey guys thanks , will hold onto the car for a bit , but i really do love my cars and when some thing does not fit like a glove i seem to get edgy and then start looking for other options , the car is indeed superb, the only thing was the FE which is not a big deal for me either, i new about the FE but just feelt that after having 2 cars that give me 6.5 per liter (sonata gold V6)i should migrate to a car that gives me 10+ hence this thread , so see will enjoy the car till i feel its time to switch, ravveendrra why are u considering the change?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks