Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 01:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Its Skoda Octavia RS!!! (are they available in Australia??)
I think I have see. Few skodas here but with the same money one canbuy better car here.
Old 19th October 2009, 13:17   #17
BHPian

I have done some research and given up the idea of importing a car from australia to India since it's way too much hassle for just 2yrs worth.

Probably the best car I have been able to research online that meets my requirement and was for sale in India is Mercedes 190E, specifically the one with coaworth engine. I beleive it came in 2 versions 2litre and 2.2litre manual.

Can anyone suggest a place around Punjab where I can find thus car and would be good if the same guy supplied parts so if needed I can reach them.

Thanks
Old 19th October 2009, 14:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
I have done some research and given up the idea of importing a car from australia to India since it's way too much hassle for just 2yrs worth.

Thanks
I dont know it in detail but when I was in UK I had the option to import any car I would have owed to india without custom charges as I was there for more than 3 years.

It should be the same case for australia. Just show change of home and import it, I am sure no custom charges should apply. the only charges you will have to bear is the shipping charges, which I believe agents can sort out. agents fee in your case should be reasonable.

Dont know about car prices in australia but if at all you can find a nice ride within your budget, importing it should be the better option. you will love the exclusivity!

I have heard of this weekend car market in chandigarh, can anyone in chandigarh throw some light on it!

If you want a car in India, the Octavia RS is the best option within your budget. But mind you after sales can be a problem, considering the bad name skoda cars are getting these days. A V6 accord can be another option. handling isnt that great but its reasonably fast and reliability is top notch and after sales is also good.

Mind you, since you are comming back to india after 10 years and must have had good customer support experiences in australia, you would not want to buy a brand which has bad after sales in India. Most NRI's do face problems related to customer support as they are mostly used to excellent support.

Mercedes definately has very good support in punjab.

as another option, you can also buy a nano (RWD) and plant a turbo. just kidding.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th October 2009 at 15:07.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Mercedes definately has very good support in punjab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
Probably the best car I have been able to research online that meets my requirement and was for sale in India is Mercedes 190E, specifically the one with coaworth engine. I beleive it came in 2 versions 2litre and 2.2litre manual....
Isnt the 190E a bit of old for a daily driven car?? Its better you look at W124.
Old 20th October 2009, 13:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Isnt the 190E a bit of old for a daily driven car?? Its better you look at W124.
I was looking at 190e specifically the ones came with coaworth engine. These were rally cars developed to win but only rwd. Since on Pthe apor Audi ended up launching awd impreza mercedes opted out of the rallies and took the car to Circuit racing and won it all. Cosworth's were never sold in high numbers. Thes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks