Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 21:05   #31

Thanks GTO,

Its definitely heavy on the wallet. Works out to about 45 ex-thane, and I got the B&O sound system upgrade (no brainer for 1 lakh i think) for about 46 ex-thane. They gave me a tiny 50k off and a free subtle rear lip spoiler. Ibis white is the color of choice. They also promised to try and get my car here as soon as possible. Well, they had a stock car on order, but stock cars take 6 months, and when they convert it to a customer order, they speed it up.

Its been a few hours and I can hardly wait anymore. I also learnt some pretty interesting stuff about remapping. I think I am going to try getting it done on my Accord V6 first before even thinking about doing it on the A4.

Anybody know anything about remapping A4s or Accords?
Old 10th November 2009, 13:20   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOBOSpeedster View Post
and I got the B&O sound system upgrade (no brainer for 1 lakh i think)
You can say that again. The B&O system sounds killer!

Quote:
for about 46 ex-thane. They gave me a tiny 50k off and a free subtle rear lip spoiler.
Just as I thought. Bang in A4 3.2FSI territory. But way better torque, practicality, convenience (can run on regular diesel) and durability. Smart choice. I hope you intend to retain her for a long time.

Quote:
Ibis white is the color of choice.
White A4 + LEDs =

Quote:
Anybody know anything about remapping A4s or Accords?
A4, first take delivery and run her in! Accords, lots of options. Check out Zakie of Tuned I-Chips (search the forum).
Old 10th November 2009, 20:00   #33
Team-BHP Support

have you taken any other options besides the b&o sound system? i checked out the a4 today, a friend is interested in buying one. the black a4 in the showroom with the bodykit and 19" rims looks hot.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:58   #34
BHPian

Congrats SOBO !! Good choice indeed. Don't let the long wait tempt you to other options as it would happen in due course of time (believe me )
Old 12th November 2009, 09:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I have pretty mDuch decided to get an Audi A4 3.0 TDI after months of research. I dont think anything comes close in the same price range. The BMW 530d is way more expensive and the 3 series doesn't have the 330. Any thoughts on other cars which I should check out before deciding? The 3.0TDI comes to 38 lacs ex-showroom and approx 45 lacs on road (without WCI package) and 51 lacs with the package. It's steep... but what an engine for the A4.

Thanks
Hi,
Don't even think back on it again.This car is simply a stonker.
This is what Auto car India had to say:"It will eat the porsche boxster for breakfast ,feast on the Audi 3.2 Ltr FSI and make dessert of the BMW 530 D".
This is a super car killer.
Truly a legend. Congrats on this spectacular buy.
Do you also plan to get the adaptive dampers for the car ?
And Btw the bang & oluffsen ,good choice.
Regards
Arjun
Old 12th November 2009, 10:49   #36
BHPian

Congrats SOBO, one heck of a car, Understated Monster. Do post a nice review on delivery
Old 13th November 2009, 14:14   #37

Dear Ramsagar,

This A4 looks great witht he modifications, but unfortunately I definitely wouldn't put a body kit on the car because I will be using it for highway driving - 1000 kms every 2 weeks. No Low profile tyres and not body kit. An ECU remapping might be on the cards after a few months which will open up the engine further and not retain the old speed and injection limits.

Thanks for the other posts guys. I will post detailed updates and pics when the car comes in! Can hardly wait!
Old 14th December 2009, 21:54   #38
BHPian

Updates please... Waiting for a complete review of this torque monster.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:13   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Updates please... Waiting for a complete review of this torque monster.
wait another few months. i hear the delivery is 4 months on the 3.0tdi.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:14   #40

You hear right Akshay.. 4-6 months is what they say, which really sucks. But I think its worth it as i dont think there is much to compare. Also, I know some of the higher ups at the dealership as well as Audi and am trying to speed up the production date as well as shipment as much as I can.

Since they dont sell too many of these due to the higher price point compared to other A4 models, they place the order with the factory after I place the order with them.

As of now its looking like Feb, but will keep you guys posted.

Cheers
Old 17th December 2009, 14:13   #41
BHPian

This wait is really killing one ... esp. after you pay the stars and moons in India.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:02   #42
BHPian

Are A4's CBUs?

If there was a 330d(or 335) there would have been some competition.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:18   #43

Of all the A4s, only the 3.0 TDI and the 3.2 FSI are CBUs. I asked BMW if they could get me the 330 or the 335 but they said they cant do that. Thats why i say, doesnt look like theres any direct competition.

I just drove the A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro, and it is absolutely AWESOME. 0-100 times are supposedly 5.9 seconds and my cousin got it for 58 lacs on road. The new E350D can eat its dust all day every day! Might not have the snob value, but for a few lacs more, WHAT A CAR!!
Old 19th January 2010, 17:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of all the A4s, only the 3.0 TDI and the 3.2 FSI are CBUs. I asked BMW if they could get me the 330 or the 335 but they said they cant do that. Thats why i say, doesnt look like theres any direct competition.

I just drove the A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro, and it is absolutely AWESOME. 0-100 times are supposedly 5.9 seconds and my cousin got it for 58 lacs on road. The new E350D can eat its dust all day every day! Might not have the snob value, but for a few lacs more, WHAT A CAR!!
BMW are soon coming out with the monsters ( 535i first and 535d later on) with the 2011 5 series coded as the F10 .....that sedan with those kind of engines.....oooooohhhh boyyyy !!! firefighters are going to have their work cut out extinguishing fire off the roads from which the 535i & d pass !!!! CANT WAIT !
Old 21st January 2010, 14:58   #45

Funny you should mention it..

Audi India says that Audi Germany has heavy demand and hence only 3 of the A4 3.0 TDIs are coming to India before April end, and MINE ISNT ONE OF THEM!! I think its ridiculous.

However, I am now thinking of canceling the order. I seem to have found an absolute beauty which I am checking out today. Very rare in India and will kill any of the above mentioned cars. It is used, but still has a whole lot of muscle.

Will posted again at night after the test drive. Still very pissed of at Audi. Booked in Mid-November, and in Mid Jan they say it wont come nefore end April. NUTS!

Most Viewed