Team-BHP - Used Honda Accord V6 2004 vs 2005 vs 2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Used Honda Accord V6 2004 vs 2005 vs 2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/67587-used-honda-accord-v6-2004-vs-2005-vs-2006-a.html)

Hi everyone !!

I am a new member of Team-BHP and would dearly love advice from the experts on the issue of buying a used Honda Accord V6 in Mumbai. I have done an exhaustive review of the various used car websites and find that prices are as under:

2004 model : around Rs 6 Lakhs
2005 model : around Rs 7 Lakhs
2006 model : around Rs 8 Lakhs

The advice I need is :

a) What are the differences in features / specifications between the above 3 models and which model/year is therefore the best buy ?

b) Are the cars VFM at these prices ?

Price is on higher side. My friend has just bought a 2006 accord for 6L. Try to bargain.

My neighbor picked up a 2004 Accord for 4.5L.

If you can stretch your budget, go for the facelift V6 introduced in 2007. Quicker 0 - 100 time (improved gearbox response), better looking rear end and some goodies. The Accord V6 has few takers due to its 5 kpl city average; use that to your advantage. Bargain hard. It's a heck of a car for the price. 221 BHP, more space than an E Class and Honda reliability. The only thing that works against the V6 is the FE, but hey, you are making up with the purchase price.

funkydude / beejay - I presume the prices you are quoting are for the V6 and not for the 2.4 MT/AT ?

GTO - thanks for your comments. Unfortunately at the moment no 2007 V6 appears to be available in the Mumbai used car market. The best I am getting is a 2005 V6, 32000 km for Rs 7 lakhs or a 2006 V6, 40000 km for 7.75 lakhs.

My understanding is that there no features / specifications differences between the 2004, 2005 and 2006 models. Is that right ?

Search around Tarun, we'd recently tested a 2008 Accord V6 (15K kms) for a cousin of mine.

Nope, there were no model updates between 2004 - 2006. Its the same model. Bargain hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkydude (Post 1535606)
Price is on higher side. My friend has just bought a 2006 accord for 6L. Try to bargain.

sweet deal that is, is it 2.4 or a v6, whats the colour.

In my ongoing quest for a used Accord V6, I have discovered that the interior wood panels are of a lighter colour upto the July 2005 model and thereafter change to a darker colour. My personal preference is for the darker colour but in case I get a good deal on an earlier model, does anyone know whether its possible to change the wood panels ?

After purchasing Ajit’s OHC VTEC, we had planned for going to another OHC VTEC, but its very hard to find a single owner less Kms done car in Bangalore.. So we have thought of going for a really well maintained Accord V6, if any one in Bangalore is willing to sell there Accord V6, please do message me.

i came across an accord v6 2004 going for 5.75, is the deal worth it??
brakes were worn out and touchups done on almost all body panels.. also is it known to give any headaches except for the poor FE??
wht bout gearbox, engine and suspension issues??
and yeah the door pads and some panels inside required some tightening i guess cause rattles were quite audible..

Can't say much without seeing the car, though your post seems to point at a poorly maintained abused car. I'd avoid.

How much should be the market price for a 2000 model Accord the old one.It has run 50K kms and seems to be in pristine condition?

ello,

Me too in a similar delima,

I have a friend selling his 2006 accord.... done about 40,000.... He drives well, and to my knowledge car is in a good condition. Black in color- few minor scratches....

I am contemplating buying it since,
a. its in good condition.
b. sure its not been in any accident/ road collision.

@ifly:
40000kms for a Honda is nothing. Just ensure you have the car checked at a Honda dealership for service history and for damages if any even if it's your friend's car. They will charge you but the money is well worth it.

Drifter