Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Imported Toyota Camry for 1.2 Lac?

Dear BHP'ns,

I am planning to buy a Imported Toyota Camry, 3rd Generation, Automatic version from one of my friend. The car has been registered at Delhi, however it's driven in Bangalore. The owner has paid comprehensive insurance and LTT at Karnataka. I have inspected the car from outside and the condition seems to be good except few scratches and crack on wind shield. Also the head and tail lights look dull.

I would like to know few things:
1. Are the worn out parts available?
2. Is 1.2Lac a good deal for this car? (yet to negotiate)
3. The owner is selling it because of low milege (11-13Kms), I am ok with this.

I will be test driving this machine over the weekend, so will keep you posted on interiors and KMS done.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Sary
Old 28th October 2009, 14:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Am I reading the price correctly or is there a typo? 1.2 lacs - and you're asking if its a good deal??
Old 28th October 2009, 14:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
11-13 kms for how many litres of petrol ?

Be prepared to spend twice the sale amount in getting it to a decent shape.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

No petrol "automatic" camry has ever given 11 to 13km is bull s*#@

She will give you 6 to 8 in city and 10 atmost on highway the older that Japanese pertols get the more they consume/ineffcient.

Late 90's such cars are going for 50 to 80k in mumbai that to intact (no glass cracks/some taillight work maybe)
Old 28th October 2009, 14:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Am I reading the price correctly or is there a typo? 1.2 lacs - and you're asking if its a good deal??
Yes Suman ! Its 1.2!

But if I buy it, I think would have to spend approx 30-40K getting it repainted and windshield fixed, etc and making it new.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Be prepared to spend twice the sale amount in getting it to a decent shape.
Its not a joke ! The owner has confirmed it, however i will check out the exact figures this weekend when i test drive it.

Its in good shape, but I am eager to make it EXCELLENT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

She will give you 6 to 8 in city and 10 atmost on highway the older that Japanese pertols get the more they consume/ineffcient.

Late 90's such cars are going for 50 to 80k in mumbai that to intact (no glass cracks/some taillight work maybe)
Thanks for your comments, I will keep that in mind before I get onto a deal !

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by bblost : 28th October 2009 at 15:18. Reason: back 2 back posts
Old 28th October 2009, 15:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

This deal seems too good to be true. How many kms/miles does she have on the odo and what is the year of manufacture?
Old 28th October 2009, 15:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Can you help me locate one, Canonball. Will love to own one of those '97,'98 models, just for the dependablity they have, at my farmhouse.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
This deal seems too good to be true. How many kms/miles does she have on the odo and what is the year of manufacture?
Well I an not sure on these, will keep you posted once I test this baby on saturday !
Old 28th October 2009, 15:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Sary..1.2L is too much.Toyotas of those generations come very cheap.I have bought my 1969 Corolla for Rs.16K and 1981 Corona for 45K.Please check mt gallery.

Toyota parts are very easily available in Mumbai with City Motors.You just need to give them the model number and they send the exact part through courier and you can pay the courier co.I have sourcedmany parts for my Toyotas.Good Luck.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Dear BHP'ns,

Sary
If this is per L or G?

I am not really sure what is expected from Camry. I struggle to get this FE from Hatch (for 1L). What elese he needs?
Old 28th October 2009, 17:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
LOL, Even most of the new generation cars giving mileage in this range only. I wonder why this is problem for him.

Whether this is type and it should like it is giving mileage 1 - 3 kms per litre of petrol. If this is case my best wishes with you.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2009, 17:28   #13
BHPian

Guys, as mentioned, I will find out the exact consumption per Lt by this weekend !
Old 29th October 2009, 10:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

The only reason that the Camry, even the new ones have very poor resale value is because of the KMpl and the size of the car. Well kept 2002 Camrys, are going at 3 Lakhs or less.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Can you help me locate one, Canonball. Will love to own one of those '97,'98 models, just for the dependablity they have, at my farmhouse.
Sure Scooby will spread the word and let you know if i come accorss anything. There were a few cars available some months ago. Also check all the auto sites I think some are still available. There is a 93/94 cressida (love the limo look & rear wheel drive) she has been competely redone so can't vouch for rust, and a diesel corrolla both mannual with some one I know let me know if you are interested, alternately the same person also is in touch with the source point to more so you can talk to him directly let me know

Not sure of the holiday home/farm idea if far from mumbai these cars do need parts once in a while which can be a pain to handle on a farm. Perhaps an old SUV would do better. Lot of folks with houses in kihim/mandva park their cars at the ferry terminal there (somebody has created roofing in rows and the cars are parked for a small fee). People have typicaly kept their old pajeros, safari's, uno's, santro, zen's, gypsies and one premier if that give you any idea of their past experieces/reaons to choose the above mentioned cars cheers

cheers

Last edited by canonball : 29th October 2009 at 12:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks