Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 19:16   #16
BHPian

well... the Diesel will be available this week and the petrol 2.0 will take till end FEB! I want the petrol but dont want to wait almost 2 months! Both dealers are quoting the same approx lead time...is this correct/justifiable?

Also, Incase i go for the diesel, how much better would the resale be? and - how much can this be tuned + cost? any info helpful!

Will be closing the deal this week for sure if I get a better lead-time on the 2.o TFSi...else may just succumb to the oilburner..

@prashant03 - which one did you get? colors? delhi/gurgaon? Luxury package? Congrats!
@ricky63 - Everyone is pushing the 2.0 TFSi and I would get it except the above problem! the resale isn't too much of a concern, but the prompt delivery is!

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 12th January 2010 at 19:20.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:10   #17
BHPian

I got mine from Audi Delhi. Gurgaon had none in stock. It's Ice silver metallic with black interior, with the luxury package - they transfered the car from a dealership in mumbai it was earmarked for so I had it within 10 days or so. Came straight from the factory I think.

The quick delivery was done as they botched up my earlier delivery (details in the Indian car dealership forum, thread marked 'Audi Delhi - turned disaster into triumph').

They (Audi Delhi) actually had a 2.0 petrol white with cinnamon brown interior in stock until recently. Talk to Vinit Huria at Audi Delhi or Sachin Burman at Audi Gurgaon, both helpful guys. Feel free to give them my reference (full name is Prashant Chopra).

Wait to get the right engine - what is 1.5-2 months in the grand scheme of things - if you want to really drive, and I really mean drive, have patience. It's worth it, especially since they're both the same price. Absolutely forget about the 1.8. Just not a great driving experience at all.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:19   #18
BHPian

Ugh...2.0TFSI in Grey/Beige will only be available by APRIL! This is ridiculous! One dealer has no stock of 2.0 tfsi's and the other has it coming in Silver/Black without WCI. The Black leather is of concern, never liked it, also the woodtrim with black kills the look!

Diesel 2.0 then? Ugh!

If the situation is so bad for cars, what about spares?!? something goes kaput and i'm sitting there for a few months?!?

Or should i relook the C250?
Old 18th January 2010, 19:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Ugh...2.0TFSI in Grey/Beige will only be available by APRIL! This is ridiculous! One dealer has no stock of 2.0 tfsi's and the other has it coming in Silver/Black without WCI. The Black leather is of concern, never liked it, also the woodtrim with black kills the look!

Diesel 2.0 then? Ugh!

If the situation is so bad for cars, what about spares?!? something goes kaput and i'm sitting there for a few months?!?

Or should i relook the C250?
Don't get the 2.0 diesel. You probably know where else it is used.

If I were you, right now, I could spare a couple of months for the engine choice. And wouldn't have looked at C for that reason. But that's with that if I...

Do you have a budget for higher engine? 3.2 FSI or 3.0 diesel? Oh, they might come with further wait time though.
Old 19th January 2010, 07:19   #20
BHPian

The petrols do not sell as much, hence they are often not in stock.
Old 19th January 2010, 07:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

the 2.0 litre tfsi is definitely the way to go.
have driven both and i feel the 2.0 litre infinitely better than then the 1.8 .
I think the 1.8 ltr is totally underpowered.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:03   #22
BHPian

At the risk of repeating myself, wait for 2 months - you're paying a lot of money for a great car. What's the point in getting a engine that really is sub-par, relative to what Audi performance should be about. If you have to get the 2L diesel, then you might as well get the Laura L&K, which comes with the same engine.

The 2L TFSI just feels great - I am really thankful about not succumbing to the VW/Skoda engine choices. So trust me - wait and it'll be worth it.

The C is not in the same league - took me 10 minutes to reject it. The 320D highline is the only other engine out there with 180 odd bhp and 340 odd nm of torque. The A4 clearly outscores on the interiors and loks (IMO) department though.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:22   #23
BHPian

ANyone has AUDI Indias contact email? As well as contacts if any?
Old 29th January 2010, 19:54   #24
BHPian

I think Anil Reddi heads sales - believe his e-mail address is Anil.reddi@audi.in

I do not know him at all, but maybe you could reach out to him and get the clarifications you need.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Thanks Prashant - Sent an email out to Audi India customer support + Anil Reddy. Hopefully they will have an answer as to why the wait is 4 Months for a 2.0 tfsi!
Old 1st February 2010, 08:08   #26
BHPian

No problem, hope it works out.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:46   #27
BHPian

Whadya KNow! 2.0 TFSI with WCI will be delivered within 2 weeks! Whoo Hoo!!! Thanks Prashant - You got me considering the 2.0 TFSI and ONE test drive convinced me! Headed to the US tonight and back in 2 weeks...couldn't have worked out better!

On a side note - anyone here got an ECU remap? I'm considering the APR remap but don't know of any authorized dealers or if it can be a DIY kinda project?
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

^ Congrats Speeding@160mph. You made the right choice by going for the 2.0TFSI.
Which colour did you go for by the way?
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:18   #29
BHPian

Awesome news. Congrats. You definitely made the right choice. Escaped the 1.8/2.0TD trap.

Post your views when you get your hands on it.
Old 13th February 2010, 02:34   #30
BHPian

first of all congrats for your new 2.0 tfsi A4! should be a great drive. and since the 1.8 and 2.0 tfsi engines are priced similar, it makes sense to get the 2.0 tfsi. BUT not because what someone said earlier that its the only "true" audi engine and the 1.8 tfsi being a cheaper skoda/VW engine!!! i was laughing at what people tell with their half knowledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant03 View Post
I test drove the 1.8 and 2.0 petrol engines as well as the 2.0 TDI. The 2.0 petrol (TFSI) is by far the best of the lot, with as much torque as the diesel and with a much higher BHP count. It is also the one 'true Audi' engine with the 1.8 petrol and the 2.0 diesel finding use in the Laura/Superb/Passat.

The 3.2 is a old discontinued engine. I was getting a lot of discounts on that as well, but IMHO, better to go with the engine that has won accolades and awards globally for audi - the 2.0 TFSI.

last point - I had initially settled on a car, that was 3 months old in the showroom (Model year 2009, was getting an additional 1L discount) - when i went to do the pdi, realized that there was a dent in the door panel. The dealer replaced with a brand new car (Model year 2010, with led tail lights) at the same price. If you do decide to go with a Model year 2009 car, just be very careful with the PDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant03 View Post
At the risk of repeating myself, wait for 2 months - you're paying a lot of money for a great car. What's the point in getting a engine that really is sub-par, relative to what Audi performance should be about. If you have to get the 2L diesel, then you might as well get the Laura L&K, which comes with the same engine.

The 2L TFSI just feels great - I am really thankful about not succumbing to the VW/Skoda engine choices. So trust me - wait and it'll be worth it.

The C is not in the same league - took me 10 minutes to reject it. The 320D highline is the only other engine out there with 180 odd bhp and 340 odd nm of torque. The A4 clearly outscores on the interiors and loks (IMO) department though.
@Prashat - get your facts right dude!

all the engines - 1.8 tfsi, 2.0 tfsi, 2.0 tdi are used in the VW,Skoda and Audi range.

1.8 tfsi/2.0 tdi are used in audi a4, vw jetta and skoda laura (international octavia).

2.0 tfsi is used in the audi a4, vw jetta and skoda octavia RS (internationally)

vw group keep sharing the engines in all its cars. its pretty common practise with other renowned brands also.

do you know that the last gen Audi TT, which was sold in india, costing about 50 lacs also had the same engine which was used in a much much cheaper skoda octavia RS. and its still being used in the even more cheaper skoda octavia 1.8 tpi (which is plain and basic with hardly any features) currently being sold at skoda showrooms! so going by your theory, people should just go and buy the octavia 1.8 tpi available at 10 odd lacs since the same engine was also used in a 50 lac sports car!!!

do you know that certain engines are shared and developed jointly between different companies all together. for e.g. the fiat 1.3 engine is used in a swift/tata indica/fiat grande punto as well as more expensive fiat linea! they may tune it differently and name it differently. but people still buy the linea! same way even chrysler, mitsubishi and hyundai are jointly developing engines called world engines which will be used by all their group cars! so imagine a engine being used in a cheap hyundai and the same one in a much better mitsubishi with a different output and even in a more expensive chrysler in a more powerful state of tune! and i definately dont think that will make the chrysler a cheaper car since it has the same engine as a hyundai!

so judge the engine by its own merit and performance and not because in which other car at what price, it is placed in.

Last edited by magikrider : 13th February 2010 at 02:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks