Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 12:19   #31
BHPian

Anyway, getting to the point, as far as I know, we're talking about cars in India. In India, the 2.0 TFSI engine is only present in the A4 - so since the car is being bought in India, why get an engine that is being used in lighter cars such as Skodas or VWs. The 1.8 especially is an engine completely unsuited to a nearly 2 ton car. Even the 2.0TD is borderline in terms of power to weight ratio.

Also, VW and some other auto manufacturers are clients. So I kind of understand the business 'a little bit.'

Since you're speaking with a lot of authority, I am guessing you have all these cars, with all engine choices, and drive them everyday.

If not, I can tell you that I have driven most of them, on different roads in the US and Europe, as well as Asia. Made my decision accordingly.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2010 at 12:30. Reason: Removing 1st paragraph. Strictly no personal attacks here please
Old 15th February 2010, 00:40   #32
BHPian

Magik-dude-chill out! I am thankful to prashant cos if he hadn't pushed me to try the 2.0 I would have probably settled for the 1.8- which in all honesty has nothing on the 2.0!

While there is no question of the standardization of these engines across the entire VW range (Skoda/VW/Audi) it is now the top of the line engine for the A4 with the 3.2 having been discontinued for 2010.

I will be TD'ing a 2.0 with APR ECU upgraded chip tomorrow in LA- apparently it brings the performance at par with the 3.2! WoW! Will be back to Delhi on Wed and the car should be home by next week! Does this damage the turbo? Anybody with any mods on their A4?
Old 15th February 2010, 10:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post

I will be TD'ing a 2.0 with APR ECU upgraded chip tomorrow in LA- apparently it brings the performance at par with the 3.2! WoW! Will be back to Delhi on Wed and the car should be home by next week! Does this damage the turbo? Anybody with any mods on their A4?
Congrats on the booking !

I don't see a reason why it would damage the turbo. But if you must chip a petrol engine in India, make sure you are ready to pay for higher octane fuel.
Old 15th February 2010, 10:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats on the booking !

I don't see a reason why it would damage the turbo. But if you must chip a petrol engine in India, make sure you are ready to pay for higher octane fuel.
Wouldn't the 2.0 petrol anyway require the higher octane fuel?

PS to owners: Just curious - what kind of FE does the 2.0 petrol deliver?
Old 15th February 2010, 12:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

^ I think it gives around 7 in the city and 10 on the highway. It's not too bad I guess...
Old 15th February 2010, 16:47   #36
BHPian

I have covered about 4K kms with my 2.0TFSI and have averaged about 12.5 kmpl however, about 80% of my driving in highway. From watching the FE readout on the dash, I think my city mileage is about 10 and highway about 13.5
Old 15th February 2010, 17:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
I have covered about 4K kms with my 2.0TFSI and have averaged about 12.5 kmpl however, about 80% of my driving in highway. From watching the FE readout on the dash, I think my city mileage is about 10 and highway about 13.5
That's fantastic. Are these presumably with sedate driving given that the vehicle is new or does it take into account some ripping as well.
Old 16th February 2010, 08:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant03 View Post
Anyway, getting to the point, as far as I know, we're talking about cars in India. In India, the 2.0 TFSI engine is only present in the A4 - so since the car is being bought in India, why get an engine that is being used in lighter cars such as Skodas or VWs. The 1.8 especially is an engine completely unsuited to a nearly 2 ton car. Even the 2.0TD is borderline in terms of power to weight ratio.

Also, VW and some other auto manufacturers are clients. So I kind of understand the business 'a little bit.'

Since you're speaking with a lot of authority, I am guessing you have all these cars, with all engine choices, and drive them everyday.

If not, I can tell you that I have driven most of them, on different roads in the US and Europe, as well as Asia. Made my decision accordingly.
I am speaking the facts buddy! and to speak the facts you need not boast which car you have driven where as that does not change the facts. a person may drive the most expensive car on the best road in the world but that does not necessarily make him the most knowledgeable expert on cars. and if you read my post properly I have mentioned about the engine options mostly used in india. and very soon we may also have the 2.0 tfsi engine in the skoda and VW too! and that as far as "I think considering my little knowledge in cars with my lesser cars driven on lesser known roads", should not make the 2.0 engine any less "true" engine for audi!

@Speeding @160mph - dude, I am chilled only! and if you check his last post again you will see it was edited by mods as he started getting personal! I was just correcting him about the info he had. no offense meant to anyone! and as I mentioned earlier, I too agree that its better that you selected the 2.0 tfsi instead of the 1.8 tfsi as they cost the same here and definitely makes sense anyday. and plus the 2.0 tfsi engine has won international engine of the year in its segment for 2-3 years consecutively defeating the likes of BMW, Mercedes benz and many other reputed brands. so definitely the option to go for compared to any other for the A4.

Last edited by magikrider : 16th February 2010 at 08:59.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
The first 1500 kms was sedate but the rest of the mileage has been a combination of sedate (in the city) to some good rips on the highway so I see this as quite a sustainable mileage.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:41   #40
BHPian

Can you believe it?!? Audi Delhi says they will not be able to deliver before April mid!!! I'm sooo pissed!!!! This is ridiculous!!! Ugh!!! From Feb 15 - Feb 25 to April 15 now!!!

They are offering the 3.2TFSI with MMI High, Bose & Rear+Front parking cameras - 4 lac discount! But its the older version without rear LED's - not too interested in this since the Engines already been discontinued!

What to do?!? Re-look at the C? Maybe the E250CDI?

I'm gonna talk to the other dealer today, see what they say and then send a hate mail to Audi India!
Old 24th February 2010, 14:53   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post

They are offering the 3.2TFSI with MMI High, Bose & Rear+Front parking cameras - 4 lac discount! But its the older version without rear LED's - not too interested in this since the Engines already been discontinued!

What to do?!? Re-look at the C? Maybe the E250CDI?
Those specs,engine and discount on the 3.2A4 seems too tempting ! Try and bargain harder and get it. It maybe discontinued by that doesn't mean it's a bad engine, its a stonker !

Forget the C, the E250CDi is a better option- great torque !
Old 24th February 2010, 15:04   #42
BHPian

MBIL has come up with a 0% scheme for C220CDI and C230. You may check them out if the thought of C is coming again in your mind.
However, if the stretch to E250CDI is not too much of an issue, do check it out. It's definetly a couple of levels up from Audi.
Old 24th February 2010, 18:56   #43
BHPian

The 3.2 has been sitting in the showroom for around 6-9 months now! When I started this thread back in December, they were offering the same car to me. I'm really uncomfortable even with the thought of a 3.2 TFSI just sitting around for 6+ months! Would you buy this?

I already have the new5 in mind for later in the year and didn't think too much of the new E's looks. However, I will go for a TD of the E250cdi and see if it convinces me to change my mind.

The C/3 are out - both cars don't offer enough in terms of interior quality or exterior appeal (although I love the C's looks - i can't stand the fact it doesn't even have memory or even power seats or the full COMAND flip screen!)

If the worst comes to pass - I will send out another email - this time to Audi Germany and look for some help from those guys.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:09   #44
BHPian

The 2.o Tfsi is definitely worth waiting for. Also please get the red color. It looks awesome!! Have seen it in person and believe its the best looking a4!

regards,
karan
Old 24th February 2010, 20:07   #45
Team-BHP Support

is the 3.2 fsi really discontinued? a friend on mine had booked one in jan and was told last week that his is going into production now and to expect delivery by end april. now hes from a very big builders family and i dont think they would give him false info, so i dont think the 3.2 is discontinued.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks