Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 23:33   #1
BHPian

Sedan for Dad ? Superb / Passat / A4

Hi My dad who is using Octavia & Merc C , is considering for an upgrade for Octavia.. the vehicle will be chauffeur driven and hence the primary concern is the Back seat comfort ,next one is the running cost , will be running daily about 80-100 kms average , only diesel preferred and hence accord is ruled out, maintanence shouldn't also be very much, Dad is very much satisifed with C's back seat comfort and performance but, cant afford it for daily use coz of damn running cost... so looking for something cheaper with same performance......
Old 16th January 2010, 09:56   #2
BHPian

All the car's you talk about are not low on maintainance. The A4 will cost you as much as a brand new C/3. The superb is a great car, for back seat comfort it has but a few rivals. It is however slightly noisy, but the noise should not be an issue at all in the back seat. It too shall NOT be 'cheap' to maintain as such. Forget the Passat. If not for the slightly expensive maintainace, the superb fits your requirements perfectly.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:09   #3
BHPian

+1 to Redeff - Unless the Accord diesel shows up soon or the Passat CC gets launched, stick to the Superb.

But if you're willing to spend 35-37lacs on the A4 Diesel, you can get the Centennial Special on the A6 at around 40lacs....just a thought...
Old 16th January 2010, 14:55   #4
BHPian

As you have an Octavia, you might be knowing the A.S.S of Skoda at your place. If it was good, I recommend a Superb. Passat is overpriced and we all know it. TD all and select the best one
Old 16th January 2010, 14:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Unless an upgrade to the 20 lac+ segment is necessary, I suggest the Cruze. It's phenomenal. And looks the part, too. The Skoda isn't going to be cheap to maintain, furthermore with a daily running of ~100km the Skoda's reliability will be in question. Peace of mind, it definitely isn't.

Else I recommend the Passat. I don't know wht people have against it, its definitely proven to be be more reliable than the Superbespecially in CRDi guise. And loaded to the gills.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th January 2010 at 14:57.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Else I recommend the Passat. I don't know wht people have against it
Isn't VW pulling an Octavia/Laura with the Passat? Atleast thats what i thought, that the Passat has been replaced by the CC - Regardless, VV should have brought the CC to market by now considering its been out for over a year!

also....i forgot about the Cruz, its great VFM! - Good suggestion by Spur

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 16th January 2010 at 18:04.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:05   #7
BHPian

^ What about the Back seat comfort that Mt.olympus asked for, in Cruze? I remember reading that it isn't the best for sitting at back.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Isn't VW pulling an Octavia/Laura with the Passat? Atleast thats what i thought, that the Passat has been replaced by the CC - Regardless, VV should have brought the CC to market by now considering its been out for over a year!

passat has not been replaced by the cc - it is sold along side internationally aswell!
Old 16th January 2010, 18:25   #9
BHPian

Have a look at the Sonata transform. Have heard a lot of positive reviews about that vehicle.
PS: Why not go for an SUV ( Toyota Fortuner). It satisfies all your criteria and is a Toyota.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
passat has not been replaced by the cc - it is sold along side internationally aswell!
really? Well...i stand corrected! But the 'alongside' part should be fulfilled by VW - I mean the CC is probably the best looking VW ever! And It Costs the same (I would think)! Shame!
Old 16th January 2010, 18:58   #11
BHPian

The interiors of the other cars spoken in this thread are a league apart from the Fortuner's. Besides , the Fortuner comes well equipped with amazingly long waiting lines. The Sonata transform is an excelling option if he does not wish to spend on a superb, but then the feel , image, back seat comfort and the equippment levels are a league apart , alebiet the slightly stiff ride ( which also results in superb being better to drive, both car's suffer from turbo lag enmasse).
Old 16th January 2010, 19:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

No brainer.... Think back seat. Think good FE. Think Superb !
Old 16th January 2010, 19:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Chauffer driven car? No contest, this one. It has to be the Superb with the huge back seat. Given that you had an Octy and are still considering the Superb, Skoda must be doing a decent job in your place. I guess the Superb will be cheaper to maintain than a Merc but obviously will still be way more expensive than the Octy. Check ACI's spare parts guide for an approximate idea.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:09   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Check ACI's spare parts guide for an approximate idea.
Is the updated spare part list out? With the new Superb ?
Old 16th January 2010, 21:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post

its not replaced. its sold alongside. if the cc comes to india they have a customer waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
^ What about the Back seat comfort that Mt.olympus asked for, in Cruze? I remember reading that it isn't the best for sitting at back.
its no better or worse than the c-class he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Have a look at the Sonata transform. Have heard a lot of positive reviews about that vehicle.
oh yeaaaaaah. how did i not think of my absolute favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is the updated spare part list out? With the new Superb ?
jan 08 and then march 09. i dont know when we'll see it in '10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks